Have Drowtales-inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Nau'kheol older concept fun

Nau'kheol older concept fun

Postby Pitdragon » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Hey, was bored at work one night and started to draw up some concept art of Nau'kheol older and armored for fun. But it was all somewhat crappy, I blame the altitude. So I doodled one at home I was happier with and put some flat colors on.

The legs look a bit odd (and page cut off before I could get to the feet). Just to show that those gem things are not "knee pads", I tried a fast, very crappy doodle, kneeling with a hand up for a spell cast of some sort:

Kneeling helps show the pointy bits at the bottom of each are generally over the knee-cap area. I also tried for a very badly done version of the Jaal'Darya "wing cape" golem, complete with his old look of a fur lining on the collar of it and a dragon pendant to clasp it together. I'm also trying to go for someone with some bulk to them, as I figure since he's Sarv'swati's son he'd have fighting prowess to go with his similar taciturn personality and possible skill in all domains (he didn't show a strong ability over any one, but might like her show a general usage ability and switch on the fly easily). Still got a lot of work to do on my art style, as it switches up often - some random page-margin doodles look sorta Amano like in the face, but I'm trying to aim for something a little more realistic at times and am working on a more Kentaro Miura ("Berserk") look, sans lots of naked people.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Return to Fanfics and Fanart