Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Quick and simple: web 2 - The assissan goes on.

Postby Scilence » Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:26 am

QUICK AND SIMPLE: WEB
Chapter 2: Watching

By Robert Larsen

Here I am, sneaking about a dark noble house. I get caught, I get tortured and killed. Why am I doing this? I've just been asked to kill my sister.

Sane men would say, I'd rather live. But then again, here I am, clinging too a wall, and looking through a window. I never was a sane or sensible man.

There my sister was asleep in bed. Her white hair cascaded across her soft features and ebony skin, of which she prided herself on. She seemed peaceful with her arms wrapped about a priestess I recognized. You never forget red tresses like hers, especially after spending a few nights with the female in question. The room was well kept and had some nice decorations. And while I watched her, I couldn't help keep the bile down in my throat.

In my life and work, I did my best to avoid one thing that brought many into a blind fervor, and brought them to make mistakes and get killed. But as I looked in on the pair, I couldn't deny that one thing. That would make my job a hell of a lot harder.

One thing that didn't seem to fit within her wonderful room, was a painting of someone I knew too well. Even with the rents, and tears, and daggers thrown into it, I recognized the girl.

Shala'rei was her name. On the day she was born, Amaigul walked into the room and laid a kiss on the girl's brow. She was marked for life by the mark of Amaigul's lipstick. Everyone knew she was favored by the goddess.

As Shala'rei grew up, one thing never got to her, past the usual drill of growing up. The one thing I wanted to keep apart from myself. Also she saw death as something pure... primal... undeniable... She rose through the priestess ranks quickly. Others tried to mimic her. Others envied her. And mother took pride in her.

Elrasia lived in her shadow. No matter what she did, mother gave her attention to Shala'rei, and looked down on Elrasia. No matter what she did, Shala'rei would always outshine her. So like all siblings do, she plotted Elrasia downfall. Pulled it off, with help from the very priestess that she now bedded. She tough me a lesson with all this. Death comes in many forms.

I hated the bitch.

No matter how much I tried to deny the emotion, I hated Elrasia, with all my heart. For all she did, against a sister that bore her no ill will, she was cold hearted about it. And I would make sure she fell hard for what she did to Shala'rei and for having me thrown out of my home by mother, in disgrace.

I shook my head and turned my attention back to my job. I had to know the defenses inside and out. I knew the place well, but things change. Even hate... But not in this case...
Stories never end, the just begin anew. Still hurts when you die though.
Scilence
Demon

Postby Ultharos » Sat Sep 14, 2002 7:51 am

Greetings and good day! :D

Oh my such wonderfull feelings our "Darkfang" is experiencing, let shope he doesn't get to eager and gets caught, or better yet let's hope he DOES get caught, and then we can see how he tries to save himelf out of it.

Bad bad Elrasia! *Pokes her then runs off.* COO!!! Good chapter, can't wait to see what happens next! :D
Behold the eternal glory of the Fountain Dragon and let his radiance blind you into submission, oh ye of little faith.
~From the book of the FD.
Chapter 1: Deitification of the FD.
Ultharos
Vel'akar

Postby Kern » Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:02 am

Sorry to bring bad news, but i am completly confused about this story..........Is it lack of sleep, or did i missed another chapter? or is it simply confusing  ;(

The story talk about characthers i do not know about, yet switch fast between present to past then back to present without making what happening clear to my eyes. Neither is the place description and the characthers occupying that place.

Edited By Kern on Sep. 14 2002 at 04:03
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Poet » Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:30 pm

Did you read The Web part 1, Kern?
It all makes sense if you do.
Good story, Sci. Can't wait for part 3
Poet
Demon

Postby Kern » Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:43 pm

i did read part 1, still confusing to me.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Poet » Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:56 pm

OK, let me see if I can explain it, then.
He's hanging on the wall outside his sister's (Elrasia, who is is target) bedroom, looking in through the window. His sister is in bed with another priestess, someone he has also slept with. While he's out there, he starts thinking about Shala'rei, another one of his sisters. Shala'rei was apparently a better priestess than Elrasia could ever be, so Elrasia killed Shala'rei, and he hates Elrasia for it.
This is one of those chapters where nothing actually happens, but a lot of backstory is explained. Like a flahsback.
Poet
Demon

Return to Fanfics and Fanart