Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

I love winter. - A story by ultharos.

Postby Ultharos » Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:10 pm

Disclaimer: Lanell and Zhan and every body else is mine, mine, mine touch em and I will be more than happy to sick my parrot at you, she has a fondness for human fingers.

Author’s note: For those of you who will actually bother to read this (A thousand thank you’s to all of you who are still with me.) I want to thank Scilence, who’s “Quick and Simpleâ€
Behold the eternal glory of the Fountain Dragon and let his radiance blind you into submission, oh ye of little faith.
~From the book of the FD.
Chapter 1: Deitification of the FD.
Ultharos
Vel'akar

Postby Scilence » Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:44 pm

Very well done. I like it. No speach., It fits well. And the why they go about their job if fitting.
Stories never end, the just begin anew. Still hurts when you die though.
Scilence
Demon

Postby Kern » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:09 pm

very nice story, the way it written fit with Lannel mood.

stupid city thieves  :p They should have come to Quebec in winter   *beer*

*touch Lannel then escape* Mwahahha
*evil*
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Poet » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:41 am

Wow. That's all I can think to say, so I'll repeat myself. Wow.
I'm very impressed. I like the style, too. Generally people who write short stories feel the need to include massive amounts of dialogue to make up for the lack of length and action that comes with stories that are...well...short.
I note that your parrot has a taste for fingers, and the main charactor lacks a finger. Sure...frostbite. Just admit it, you've been feeding fictional charactors to your bird.
Either that, or I drink too much.
*beer*
But really, great story.
Poet
Demon

Postby Tranquil » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:59 pm

I have enjoy this story the first time I read it and I still enjoy it.  It is rare when an writer can pull of a story wich such passion without having the people talk.  And the fact that there is no dialouge make it seems even more like winter, where things are calm and quite with the suddeness of life that is roaming during the white blank of cold serenaty...
Tranquil
Queen of Peach

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Hevia » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:05 am

Beautiful! Very well written.
Hevia
Demon

Postby Pariah » Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:40 am

This story totally su-

::notices Ultharos's carniverous parrot eyeing his digits hungrily::

Hmm. ::tucks hand into cloak:: This story was er... good... *sweatdrop*

Lol, just kidding. I honestly did think this was kicky cool. Like other posters have thoughtfully pointed out, the lack of dialouge and slow, lonely and desolate feeling pace of the story perfectly fits the theme of winter. The fact that the words "I love winter" adorn each section emphasises the short "slice of life" feel that pervades the work. Well done, well done! *beer*
Man is NOT a social animal.
Pariah
Nether Spawn

Postby AnnieFelis » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:34 am

Yes, I agree, I like her whole "I was weak and yet now because of that I am strong" mentality.  However, you still have some context, pluralization and grammatical errors.  A little proof-reading can fix that.
Do or do not. There is no "try".
AnnieFelis
Tainted

Postby Tammy-chan » Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:13 pm

Excellent Ultharos. You are an amazing writer. And I am really impressed that you can write such stories so well in English as well. I know I learned everything of english when I was young in Canada and the international school about the English language and that is why I can fluently speak and write it but I don't believe you have had such an experience. That is why I find it so stunning and beautiful that you can write such magnificent stories. I bet your dutch stories are even better. ;)  Even though I have a lot of experience with English I doubt that I could write something as well as you. Keep it up.

The story is very nicely thought out. Very sad though ;_;
Interesting characters and setting.

I think I found a slight mistake:
I remaining standing and look down on the four bodies of the thieves that had frozen to dead.

Shouldn't it read "I remain standing and look down on the four bodies of the thieves that had frozen to death . Maybe I'm wrong but this seems to read more correctly. Thought I tell ya. :p
~~Tammy-chan... Where the world is one big cute place.
Tammy-chan
Summoner

Postby Ultharos » Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:20 pm

Wow thank you all so much, I dind't think I would get so many reactions on my first story.

I am very happy you all lked my story.

Tammy: My stories in Dutch would probabliy be worse, the spelling might be better but I tend to have more difficulty recalling the words despite it being my native language. And your right about that spelling mistake I completly missed it.
Behold the eternal glory of the Fountain Dragon and let his radiance blind you into submission, oh ye of little faith.
~From the book of the FD.
Chapter 1: Deitification of the FD.
Ultharos
Vel'akar

Return to Fanfics and Fanart