Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Drowtales:Illunis Age Fiction Concept Discussion Topic

Re: Drowtales:Illunis Age Fiction Concept Discussion Topic

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:28 am

Sorry I haven't been replying to anything for so long I have just been dealing with tons of crap as of late that I have been preoccupied with.

But about you idea for the rewrite, I think setting this in a original setting of yours is a good idea, it definitely makes more sense for the story you want to portray than using Drowtales which I think would be at a severe disadvantage in a war especially on the surface. Though I think original setting would carry less emotional weight and would likely be harder to get people invested in.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Evident-Disaster » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:43 am

@ThatGuyThisGuy

Hey I just had time to respond, I wound up at the hospital last month and couldn't reply, it's been very busy for me for the last few weeks, I'm backlogged with work and trying to keep up with the rewrite, but I've had to put this on the backburner thanks to recent developments. And yeah I'll follow your suggestion for the original story idea.
Evident-Disaster
Tainted

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 am

Evident-Disaster wrote:@ThatGuyThisGuy

Hey I just had time to respond, I wound up at the hospital last month and couldn't reply, it's been very busy for me for the last few weeks, I'm backlogged with work and trying to keep up with the rewrite, but I've had to put this on the backburner thanks to recent developments. And yeah I'll follow your suggestion for the original story idea.

Oh sorry to hear you've been so overburdened with things going on in your life. Though I think even though your dropping the idea it would be good if you left the original story draft somewhere.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Evident-Disaster » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:26 am

@ThatGuyThisGuy

Hey just got back from the hospital again, had to get blood tests and a series of other examinations after an intestinal bleed.
I feel like utter shit, but I'm still around. Got more work backlogged so I've been having to delay any sort of rewrite until I can get my accounting records sorted, I screwed up a couple of stuff and need to rework a dozen entries for work.

In any case, I was thinking about maybe making a story which involves having humans and Drow working together in another timeline, I mean based on the Gate stuff I was doing earlier. But instead of having an immediate war between Drow and humans from Earth, just have some conflict, politics, war and a mixture of character interactions. Maybe a little romance with Kyo going after a Earthling, given her track record, I can imagine her finding someone to try dating.

But yeah, I figure something which takes the story of the Moonless Age in a different direction might have been an interesting concept to work with. Also having two very different societies interacting with one another might also be good.
Evident-Disaster
Tainted

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Evident-Disaster wrote:@ThatGuyThisGuy

Hey just got back from the hospital again, had to get blood tests and a series of other examinations after an intestinal bleed.
I feel like utter shit, but I'm still around. Got more work backlogged so I've been having to delay any sort of rewrite until I can get my accounting records sorted, I screwed up a couple of stuff and need to rework a dozen entries for work.

In any case, I was thinking about maybe making a story which involves having humans and Drow working together in another timeline, I mean based on the Gate stuff I was doing earlier. But instead of having an immediate war between Drow and humans from Earth, just have some conflict, politics, war and a mixture of character interactions. Maybe a little romance with Kyo going after a Earthling, given her track record, I can imagine her finding someone to try dating.

But yeah, I figure something which takes the story of the Moonless Age in a different direction might have been an interesting concept to work with. Also having two very different societies interacting with one another might also be good.

Nice to here that you are still alive and in relatively good condition.

Well ya that does sound like a better idea for a story, In a full out war the Earth Humans will have the advantage especially on the surface but if we include politics into this situation then things could become allot more interesting.

Like If open war broke out I could imagine a dozen realistic scenarios in which the Earth Human forces could crush the Drow but very few where the Drow manage to eke out a victory. But the realm of politics could allow the Drow to achieve a much better position and play out their strengths to their fullest potential. Though the Drow are going to be going at this political game from a weaker position then Earth Human forces and this will limit what they can get done.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Evident-Disaster » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:06 am

It's wholly dependent on the geopolitics involved, if we're talking about the USA, it can go in a few different ways, one the US throwing considerable resources behind select factions who are willing to negotiate with them, two siding with human groups/governments which aren't actively hostile towards the US and its interests in the Drowtales world and getting support from some Drow.
Or acting like a third party and being rather indifferent all around, while throwing support here and there in the pursuit of its aims in the Drowtale world, which may involve backing factions in reach of US installations.

Of course this is just a theory, since the US have that retarded as hell policy of throwing support behind organisations which actively display hostility for the sake of conflict and keeping military interest involved for gain, e.g. Syria with the rebels, actual extremists being posed as non-extremists. This might work as well since the US may have the only portal and access, information is restricted and no one can lodge a formal investigation or complaint.

On the other hand, hearts and minds would be a big focus, dealing with people who are going to be interacting with you for a long time might seem problematic to deal with if they're pissed at you constantly. So the US would reapproach the situation to garner support from Drow groups, and justify the intervention that way in accussing the Clans for being oppressive jackasses.

But for the sake of avoiding drawing this into the open with international politics and I know a few people who'd love to try and burn my ass over such things. I'd think I'll stick with a country that doesn't actively serve as a magnet for controversy or bad decision making. Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Finland, or maybe Japan, since that's where the Gate series began.

I can't rightfully say how any of these other countries would handle, South Korea might be a good start since it's got a giant standing army, but backed by the US, not the best since it'll inevitably involve America. Maybe Australia or Japan, they'd be more flexible in situations, but Japan doesn't have a big track record for military operations, besides providing aid in most situations.

Socially I'm also wondering what kind of domestic policy would be adapted for interaction with Drow, I mean we're talking about a foreign race of beings tall and black, with pointy ears and can use magic, to peaople this would be a very odd addition to any country.
Evident-Disaster
Tainted

Previous

Return to Fanfics and Fanart