Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Pitdragon's random bits: Drow Cutlet, bear riders

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Jie'yen Challenge

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:09 pm

While I have an idea for a Bal, it's not being helpful by getting out of my head and onto paper/GIMP. So instead with have Gehm'sila Jie'yen, sword dancer. Even gave her flat colors because.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Devour the cabbage » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Liking the Jie'yen lass, I sort of get a Morris dancer vibe there. That headdress looks like it could be heavy on the neck. :@
Devour the cabbage
Nether Spawn

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pitdragon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:06 am

Devour the cabbage wrote:Liking the Jie'yen lass, I sort of get a Morris dancer vibe there. That headdress looks like it could be heavy on the neck. :@

Probably would be. I'd imagine any dancers who had it would chuck it off if a battle came to them mid-performance and begin smackdowns with extreme prejudice. But during the dance it would be, "I bet you can't do this with an extra couple of pounds on your head like I can!"

The blade she has I figured would be a practice one. During intense performances or very specific ones she might very well have a real sword and a very heavy fan with metal slats. You know, when the Jie'yen REALLY wanna show off a little.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Vaelia in Copics

Postby Pitdragon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:37 am

I swear I started this before Kern put up her current design and family!

I took this with my phone since the scan washed things out and the watercolor pad I drew it in does have a seam that caused the scan to be out of focus on one side. I need to get my older scanner up and running... which means either finding some way to get it to work in Vista (stupid HP not making more drivers) or get my old compy up and running for it (well, for guests to use too).

Vaelia, pre-time-skip style, in Copics, with Micron inking (which streaked when coloring the birds even though I let the paper sit for a while!).
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Postby 'Lement » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:22 am

That is watercolour? O..Nice.
Also, you do know you can run more than one or two operating systems on a machine?
'Lement
Demon

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Pitdragon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:29 am

'Lement wrote:That is watercolour? O..Nice.
Also, you do know you can run more than one or two operating systems on a machine?

Copics, so marker media ;)

Yeah, I plan on dual-booting Win7 on my laptop once I stop being lazy. I'm mostly using the scanner as an excuse to force me to resetup that old machine. I've been meaning to put it in the guest room for guest use, I'm just lazy about doing anything.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Qin'dalasque merchant

Postby Pitdragon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:01 am

Since Tu'suust is now in the MA, I figured I'd show you her adoptive mom, Isaname Qin'dalasque. She helps (or helped, post time-skip a lot of things could've changed) run an outpost for the Qin in Chel. She is a maskless Qin and deals mostly in trade, but manages to get more general information for the clan since she is disarming in her nature. Perhaps think of her as a permanent "Velkyn" for the clan. Being known has its advantages - people might go to her with trade proposals for the Qin more easily than a masked person they may never be sure is who they think they are. Plus, being known means she's less likely to be targeted for deeper clan information, as many would believe that being a recognizable face for the clan would mean she is kept out of secret matters. This is only somewhat true, it highly depends on the matter.

Think no-nonsense matriarch with a soft spot for kids, and you have Isaname. She wears a fox-pelt shawl and her hair is dyed rust red with stripes of undyed white in it. Her eyes are honey.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Grab my...

Postby Pitdragon » Sat May 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Things are too serious, so see something I thought of when I saw the page I grabbed this from:

Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Smokehammer » Sat May 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Seriously? They just rainbow rocketed out of Chel, or are they some sort of really freaky Nyan cat now? And that's some wicked Sticky Kyo has. *wee* *dies*
Smokehammer
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Tsuris » Sun May 06, 2012 5:55 am

I loled XD
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Pitdragon » Sun May 06, 2012 6:01 am

Smokehammer wrote:Seriously? They just rainbow rocketed out of Chel, or are they some sort of really freaky Nyan cat now? And that's some wicked Sticky Kyo has. *wee* *dies*

If you're ever bored, go to DA and search for "Grab My meme". There is a Nyan Cat one that is both fairly obvious and amusing (at least to me). I don't get all these personified countries though that pop up...
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Finn MacCool » Sun May 06, 2012 10:25 am

those are characters either from hetalia or from scandinavia and the world.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Smokehammer » Sun May 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Whoa, thats trippy I associated the Nyan cats with sticky rainbows by accident o_O
Smokehammer
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Sullissin WIP

Postby Pitdragon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Working on my Sullissin'rune OC in a colored way, because I wanted to show how the summon was coming together with stone and aura. (forum cut off a tiny bit

These are just flats and a basic Aura glow and path. I'm going to try and do a Sullissin'rune dome-inspired background next (which I suspect will take me FOREVER) and then figure out lighting and all that fun stuff.

Fun fact! First skin color I chose I thought was fine, but later when I added the base gray and had started adding colors to other areas, I realized she was closer to Ash's DE colors! Doh.

I've also spend too much time looking at redraws on the Escher Girls and LessTitsNAss (more kicking ass!) Tumblers, because I keep looking at how her left breast isn't following her upward arm motion and feeling doofy. Oh well.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Sullissin WIP

Postby SoulCode » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:11 pm

loving the glow effect
SoulCode
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart