For general community discussion.

Chapter 56 : page 11 and forum closure announcement

Chapter 56 : page 11 and forum closure announcement

Postby Kern » Thu May 09, 2019 9:44 am

Demons, fire, templars fighting hand in hand and the group saying nope to it all
and---
2001 till 2019, 18 years of forum. Does the site end? no. Will the comics continue? Yes. We still have one more chapter after this one. Even if the next project is using the same world setting, it'll be a brand new web site, a clean slate from 18 years of old coding.
For now though, the forum itself it has come to an end. The last moderator left , soon to leave this place unmaintained. We've had a talk, kite and I, and its clear to us that its time to let go. Forums aren't the preferred method of communication on the internet anymore and so for a long time now. Plus neither of us wish for the additional stress. So yeah.... :( Sorry guys.
But you're welcome to join us on our discord servers!
The drowtales one: https://discord.gg/md8uX2J
and the gaming artist one: https://discord.gg/KJgcZQA
We're there, we're active, pages get announcement, there's 400 people. Etc etc.

For now, i saw there is some people still using the DT forum rpg for their roleplay. I suggest to do a backup of your roleplay to move it elsewhere ; the discord for exemple. You have a full week to do your backup before this forum goes in the maintenance.
Thank you for your understanding. Its painful to say goodbye to half a lifetime of memories. :(
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 56 : page 11 and forum closure announcement

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Thu May 09, 2019 11:13 am

Ah I see...
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby 'Lement » Thu May 09, 2019 12:52 pm

For backups, waybackmachine might be useful. And...fair enough on inactivity, and if you get it over now it reduces disincentive on transferring over later. 100 pages back (ch 32 in sept 2011), replies ranged from 53 to 253. Now, 4 to 27 - out of hundreds. DT has grown up, indeed. I presume the FORUM link at top will be replaced with discord one.

-------------

On to the page. Huh, Scen'tloth can grow new mouths? Still, that's got to hurt. Are they posing like an Ariel?

And now Nau's hoodie looks kinda like a demon mouth. Cloth mimic, maybe?

I wonder if Naal has any affinity or feelings about glutton demons. They're kinda usually the worst kind of demon you can see, but she's quite sane now.

Meanwhile, the Kyorls charging it are pretty brave. Pretty delicious too, I bet.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Thu May 09, 2019 2:03 pm

But, what about the comic? How long will we be able to watch the pages?
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 pm

Outstanding combat page between the Kyorls and the demons, especially between Amal'thya and Dalshen versus the towering Scen'tloth

Actually, Nau's hoodie is looking a lot like Vual'raisa's ^^ (needs eye buttons)

I'm going to miss this Forum. Granted, Discord has made it a secondary outlet for fans to discuss the story, but subsections for fanart and RP have been really useful. Also, this dedicated Forum server was one of the things that set Drowtales apart from other webcomics that didn't offer any sort of official feedback medium. We know that there is an expense associated with maintaining this server, but yeah, I'll miss the old posts to look up, the old artwork. Thanks Studio Drowtales for years of Forum. Thanks to all the moderators who took the time to keep things civil. Ad Astra et Excelsior B) /
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby Lt Anders » Thu May 09, 2019 9:28 pm

Aw. Man I've been here so long too(11 years...jeez time flies). Welp welp. Bye little post counter!
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby HoneyBee » Thu May 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Goodbye forum. Even though I haven't been as active lately, you'll be missed. T'was good while it lasted.
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Will miss it too. I really like the folk around here...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sat May 11, 2019 1:30 pm

shoot, I'm going to just miss my 4th anniversary :) five more days to empty your lockers, folks
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby The14th » Sat May 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Well shit.
The14th
Summoner

Postby Mizu » Sat May 11, 2019 6:25 pm

RIP forums, its the end of an era. 9 years and 2766 posts
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby abadidea » Sun May 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Been here almost a decade. Not a daily poster but a daily thread-checker. Farewell, and I might join the discord
abadidea
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Lewa » Sun May 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Ah, I see. I still prefer forums, but your reasoning for closing this one is sound. I probably won't join the Discord, since I find active Discord servers to often be overwhelming (not that I'll be missed, since I rarely posted here either). There's no way to quote on Discord, so different lines of conversations are hard to keep track of. Hopefully you've got moderators on the Discord even if the ones for the forum have left. A live communication medium like Discord needs active moderation or else things can get out of control fast.
Lewa
Tainted

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby HidingGoblin » Wed May 15, 2019 12:21 pm

Drowtales was the first webcomic I encountered and this forum was the first one where I created an account to join discussions about a product I enjoyed. I have a lot of good memories of this messageboard and many of the posts I've seen by other people have helped me grow and mature as a person. Will be sad to see it go, but I'm old enough now to know that times change and that we have to change with them.
HidingGoblin
Summoner

Location: Somewhere I can pretend to know anything about anything

Postby Rhov » Thu May 16, 2019 11:05 am

Wow...

03 Sep 2008, 03:55

I remember haunting the forum for quite a while before finally joining. I made my pretty drow avatar, and I tried to be active, even if just once a week, sometimes getting into crazy discussions with the folks here who I never see anymore. I reverted back to my introvert self, lurking, commenting only when I felt I really had something to add. I still liked to read the first page of comments, though.

You're right... it's not the best way to communicate anymore. It's sad to see it go, but cheers to better technology. Now, I'm off to join the Discord group. I'll probably still lurk until I figure out how to use the darn thing.
Rhov
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Next

Return to General Discussion