For general community discussion.

New guy planning a Cameo submission

New guy planning a Cameo submission

Postby Dark Pulse » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:55 am

Hey there, this is sort of my thread to sort of help me get a feel for the community here and at the same time help me develop this Idea I had for a cameo submission. All opinions are appreciated, I'm curious as to what you guys think.

-Name: Cavrikin
-Race: Vel'akar
-Ancestry: Demon
-Clan: Possessed body once belonged to Val'Sullisin'rune, though he currently tries to remain a neutral party.
-Profession: Explorer and researcher for hire
-Martial ability: Talon-like gauntlets meant for climbing, handling very small objects, or defending from incoming strikes. Purely defensive combat tool due to mostly pacifist nature.
-Mana affinity: Light

-Colors: Red swirling eyes, black skin,White hair mixed with streaks of grey
-Costume: dirtied white great coat lined with many pockets both inside and out over his mis-matched armor. The blue Breastplate sports a claw-like scratch across the chest, while the grey arm pieces are heavily scratched and dented. Leg plating is grey, with red armor over shins. Wears boots with spike soles and carries a brown satchel full things he has collected.
-Appearance details: Hair is combed back to keep out of his face. Curving scar over left brow and lower half of his right cheek has a scar left over from mishandling a pyrotechnic device.

-Personality traits: Being both curious and interested in anyone and anything, he isn't afraid to land himself in a dangerous place to satisfy his curiosity. Wants to learn everything about the mortal world and asks questions about anything he doesn't know about to record them in one of the many journals he carries with him. Tends to be open minded about all things and takes an interest in anyone who speaks with him. Will not fight mortal creature or take part in any argument as he wishes to stay neutral to all groups in Chel. If confronted he will either try to talk his way into peace or use his light affinity to blind his combatant and escape. As he sees himself as a "superior demon", he hates demons seeds that have gone out of control and will get violent to keep them from harming any creatures.

-Favorite saying: "Well, that answers that"
-Quirks: Tends to get himself in tricky situations if no one is there to stop him or warn him away. (What is this thingy? How does this work? Why does that room say 'do not enter?') Will stare at a person/object for an extremely long time without moving as he analyzes everything he can. Easily amused by magic tricks.

Let me know what you guys think
Dark Pulse
Nether Seed

Re: New guy planning a Cameo submission

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:42 am

btw there's a thread for brainstorming already viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17533

While a curious vel'akar is interesting enough, his purpose for the story is rather nebulous.

What is he doing about the war? Why is he a demon now? Where is he going to be located? What is his reason for being at a certain area at that moment? Do people know he's a demon? You have to always keep in mind that your cameo is just a fill in for a side character or walk on role, so make the best of what you're working with. Whatever purpose you intend for that particular chapter you're applying for, it has to be meaningful... or you're going to end up with undesirable results.

For this reason I don't see being a neutral party in a warring city as being useful. You have to pick a side, unless otherwise stated for the chapter's offered roles.

Also, about being a vel'akar, you have to come up with some reason for him being that way. Most people don't accept demons in their homes, because no matter the intention they're liable to kill someone. The curious demon with a superiority complex over lesser demons can work, but how does it fit into the role you're given? etc
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Dark Pulse » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:14 am

All good points to think upon, thank you. About that cameo brainstorming thread, I was under the impression it was about that user's personal cameo ideas and people simply went into discussion over it. As I'm writing this for the cameo contest, I'm not entirely sure what role he would need to fill. At this point everything is still fluid and can be changed, but the basis of the character is there.
Dark Pulse
Nether Seed

Postby partner555 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:31 am

Dark Pulse wrote:All good points to think upon, thank you. About that cameo brainstorming thread, I was under the impression it was about that user's personal cameo ideas and people simply went into discussion over it. As I'm writing this for the cameo contest, I'm not entirely sure what role he would need to fill. At this point everything is still fluid and can be changed, but the basis of the character is there.

Anybody can show their characters in the brainstorming thread. In fact, I used it more than the original poster.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Dark Pulse » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:38 am

partner555 wrote:Anybody can show their characters in the brainstorming thread. In fact, I used it more than the original poster.

Well, good to know. I should move this over there then, see about getting this thread deleted.
Dark Pulse
Nether Seed

Return to General Discussion