For general community discussion.

Cameo Brainstorming

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Disestablish » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Aerisa wrote:New cameos! =D I'm considering bringing in Beryla'zuli Therra'lym Habenir'Farro, for her (FIRST!) official Drowtales appearances. Cameo Sheet: http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/berylazuli.jpg She was previously in daydream, in Relics http://www.drowtales.com/~daydream/wallpapers.php?sid=8899 and Warring States http://www.drowtales.com/~daydream/mel.php?sid=9337 , but we never managed to "fit" her in the Main Archive. Which sucks because she is THE BEST. (as far as I'm concerned, anyway!)

I'm working on updating her character sheet right now, but I'm thinking of having her as a supporter of the Dutan'vir for that chapter. Though she is a member of one of Chel's many minor clan, the Habenir'Farro, she has Duter ancestry(her father was a Duter). The idea that I have in mind is that when the clan got word of the Dutan'vir's "revival", they sent Bery to initiate first contact with them and provide them assistance, as that would put them in good standing with the clan if it managed to gain back even a portion of it's former glory.

What do you think? Would that be a good idea?

I'm surprised we haven't seen MORE prostitutes in Drowtales, honestly. A society like the drow, where casual sex is a huge norm and sexually transmitted diseases aren't a thing probably has a huge love for the oldest of professions.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Aerisa » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Disestablish wrote:I'm surprised we haven't seen MORE prostitutes in Drowtales, honestly. A society like the drow, where casual sex is a huge norm and sexually transmitted diseases aren't a thing probably has a huge love for the oldest of professions.

Hahah, when I ordered the character concept, Kern actually said "That a character would sell services to fulfill niche fetish had never occured to me before. It make senses though! People want what they can’t have which is the Kyorls!" (Linky: http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=5871 )

I guess we haven't seen much of them because prostitutes are not too politically involved, or powerful. Being politically involved leads to a decreased in their customer base, after all. Routinely being in vulnerable positions(alone, unarmored, etc...), and lacking skills in combat(which is a prerequisite in Drow society to reach high positions) they can't really get too powerful. And people aren't interested in seeing "non-clan" characters. Take the "Commoner life" story that was in Daydream a few years back. The readers REALLY didn't take long to involve various clans and characters a normal Chellian would NEVER encounter. Since I imagine most prostitutes to be middle-class at most, even if they're part of a clan(ex: Sul Courtisan), they'll never really be seen.
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Aerisa » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Bery's character sheet has been updated.

Drowtales Cameo:

-Name: Beryla'zuli Therra'lym Habenir'Farro
-Nickname: Bery
-Race: Drowussu Halfbreed (looks Drowussu)
-Build: Slender
-Height: Tiny
-Ancestry: Chellian Commoner(mother), Dutanvir(Father)
-Clan: Habenir'Farro
-Profession: Clan Ambassador
-Martial ability: Trained as Combat Medic
-Weapons: None, carries a medkit instead
-Mana affinity: Empathy (partial training)

-Colors: See Cameo Sheet
-Costume: See Cameo Sheet

Quick Description: Born a commoner, her contacts eventually allowed her to join one of Chel's many small clan. When the clan's leadership heard of the Dutanvir's attempted revival, they sent Bery over to lend assistance. If they achieve even a fraction of their former glory, this quiet assistance may very well pay off in the future.

-Personality traits: Gentle. Loyal. Cheerful. Bery can sometime appear a bit bubbly and naive. Though she herself is a pacifist, she is smart enough to understand that sometime crooked moves are needed to ensure a clan or person's survival. She however prefers not to do any of them, earning allies and loyalties for her clan the honest way, using Empathic positive reinforcement to make sure all of her dealings go smoothly for both parts, as well as using the good old fashioned 'Give them a killer orgasm' method. There is nothing better to 'seal the deals' and/or 'renew alliances', after all!
-Favorite saying: "Aww, maybe I could help you relax?"

-Quirks/Trivia:
*Possess Ssu's noble and loyal mindset, as well as typical Lath Sluttiness.
*Prior to joining the Habenir'Farro, was a luxury prostitute specializing in Kyorl and Dutanvir fetishes.
*Collect mates. She vuws them all.
*Her clan specialize in Farming/Gardening, and employ many commoners. As such, they were Neutral during the war.
*Part of sub-house Therra'lym. They serve as the clan's protective force(Warriors + Healers).
*While officially serving as clan ambassador, mostly contribute to the Dutan'vir's cause as a Medic and "Stress Relief"

http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/wp-c ... lazuli.jpg
Last edited by Aerisa on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Pariel » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Okay, it's so far so good... I guess she could be on the duter's defending side. Medics are always needed.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:14 pm

I got two in mind: One Dooter, One Nid

...................................................................................................................................................
-Name: Ru'ssuo Kyrol'solenurn
-Race: Drowssu
-Build: Athletic
-Clan: Kyrol/Nidra'chal
-Profession: Bodyguard
-Martial ability: skilled with rapier and main guache
-Mana affinity: light

-Hair: White, long and curly
-Eyes: Gold
-Costume: short half-cape (right side), over fancy tunic and trousers
inspiration: http://www.broadwaycostumes.com/images/ ... 1-zoom.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dwcRkN-7BCc/U ... 0/fv07.jpg

Or a musketeer outfit, just with Kyrol colors and symbols: http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/ima ... ium/46.png

-Personality traits: Arrogant and flamboyant, Ru likes to keep all eyes on him, unless he is doing something underhanded for the Nids, in which case he completely changes his mannerisms to be less noticeable. He is as religiously fanatical as most of his clan, but he believes that Sharess and Vychel ascended to godhood by fusing with demons, and that drow kind should follow their example. He worships Snad as the second coming of Sharess, or as her prophet. While smart enough to keep his beliefs to himself, pretending to be a member of the Order of the Twin Eye, but yearns to share them with others and so will readily talk with someone he thinks he can trust, or someone he feels sure he will kill before they tell anyone else. He will do anything the Nids as of him without question, but is otherwise an old fashioned honorable warrior, even eager to enjoy one one one duels with skilled opponents.

-Quirks/Trivia:
* Refers to the Nids as the "Order of the Red Eye"
* Constantly checks his hair and clothing for any imperfections
* Keeps a list of people he would like to kill in duels.
* Hates chocolate, especially the way it dulls the senses.

........................................................................................................................................

-Name: Ari'grippa Dutan'vir
-Race: Drossu/Mimian halfbreed
-Build: Lithe
-Clan: Dutan'vir
-Profession: Skirmisher/cook
-Martial ability: Crossbow with bayonet (good shot, ok in melee but would rather avoid it)
-Mana affinity: Earth (primarily to make cover for her to shoot from)

-Hair: Brown, pixie cut
-Eyes: Green
-Costume: Sarghress skirmisher armor, hastily repainted/dyed brown. http://wiki.drowtales.com/images/2/25/S ... misher.jpg

-Personality traits: Nervous, fidgety, and pessimistic, yet surprisingly brave, determined, and outright vicious when the chips are down. In truth, she was just a servant rather than a member of the clan proper, but after joining the Sarghress when the clan fell, she pretended to have been a member so that she can have a place where she feels she belongs. As a result, she is hungry for praise, and terrified at the thought of anyone finding out the truth.

-Quirks/Trivia:
*Tries to act formal and lady like, but when stressed quickly reverts to a commoner accent and a string of profanities.
* Absolutely loves cooking, especially trying out strange new recipes.
*Goes out of her way to steal chocolate from the enemy, though she readily shares with her squadmates.
* Something of a kleptomaniac, quite good at scrounging items and hiding them on her person "because you never know when you might need it"
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ra'tatosk » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:13 am

In a rush fleshing out my character. Still a work in progress - comments and corrections wellcome:

Raveena – Order of Serenity
Born 994 – 120 years old

• Name: Raveena
• Race: Half blood pure Ssu mother and Illhar’dro father.
• Ancestry : Dutan’vir commoner (no Val).
• Profession: Warden.
• Martial ability: Close combat with light sword.
• Mana affinity: Earth high art with foci.
• Build: Atheletic, slightly above normal height.
• Costume: Not clear yet but with red trims.
• Colors: (Illhar’dro) blue eyes, cream colored hair, ssu colored skin.
• Personality traits: Coming.
• Favourite saying : “The truth is out there” and “Am I right, or am I right” The second part can be in a menacing tone looking down on the other.
• Quirk 1: Great fan of strawberries with whipped cream – gladly fight over it’s supremacy over chocolate. Getting in the fight with the war cry “The chocolate is a lie”.
• Quirk 2: Always keep the men in place – you never know what they conspire about – you give them a finger, they take the whole arm.
• Quirk 3: Coming
• Inspirational pictures: Hair - http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/ ... 09_14.html
The blondie with the two balls of hair – looks like two fluffy dollops of whipped cream, only hair not her personality. Ad to this a small rim on fluff on her forehead.
• The answer to the question: The truth.

Background
She came from the Dutan’vir to the Kyorls after the clan's losses in the Nidraa’ war. She fought bravely in the war and survived, but felt everything meaningless after the destruction of her clan. At 87 years of age and in her prime she choose the Order of Serenity as her home order. The war had taken toll of her fighting spirit and she wanted peace and calm, which she thought that this order would give her. Her paternal ancestry made her interested in the surface and in the arts. She has been reading a lot the last years. Now she is back in fighting spirit, due to her reading and learning a lot of interesting things about her Light elf ancestry. She wants to know the truth about how they all ended up in this underworld, and trying to get back on the surface.
But at the moment I suppose she is on her way to Chel or has just arrived there. There will be a lot of news to take in.
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby partner555 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Ra'tatosk wrote:In a rush fleshing out my character. Still a work in progress - comments and corrections wellcome:

Raveena – Order of Serenity
Born 994 – 120 years old

• Name: Raveena
• Race: Half blood pure Ssu mother and Illhar’dro father.
• Ancestry : Dutan’vir commoner (no Val).
• Profession: Warden.
• Martial ability: Close combat with light sword.
• Mana affinity: Earth high art with foci.
• Build: Atheletic, slightly above normal height.
• Costume: Not clear yet but with red trims.
• Colors: (Illhar’dro) blue eyes, cream colored hair, ssu colored skin.
• Personality traits: Coming.
• Favourite saying : “The truth is out there” and “Am I right, or am I right” The second part can be in a menacing tone looking down on the other.
• Quirk 1: Great fan of strawberries with whipped cream – gladly fight over it’s supremacy over chocolate. Getting in the fight with the war cry “The chocolate is a lie”.
• Quirk 2: Always keep the men in place – you never know what they conspire about – you give them a finger, they take the whole arm.
• Quirk 3: Coming
• Inspirational pictures: Hair - http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/ ... 09_14.html
The blondie with the two balls of hair – looks like two fluffy dollops of whipped cream, only hair not her personality. Ad to this a small rim on fluff on her forehead.
• The answer to the question: The truth.

Background
She came from the Dutan’vir to the Kyorls after the clan's losses in the Nidraa’ war. She fought bravely in the war and survived, but felt everything meaningless after the destruction of her clan. At 87 years of age and in her prime she choose the Order of Serenity as her home order. The war had taken toll of her fighting spirit and she wanted peace and calm, which she thought that this order would give her. Her paternal ancestry made her interested in the surface and in the arts. She has been reading a lot the last years. Now she is back in fighting spirit, due to her reading and learning a lot of interesting things about her Light elf ancestry. She wants to know the truth about how they all ended up in this underworld, and trying to get back on the surface.
But at the moment I suppose she is on her way to Chel or has just arrived there. There will be a lot of news to take in.

Best not to have too many quirks, it'll be easier on Kern if he only has to remember one or two quirks as opposed to three. Especially if there are a lot of cameos.

Also, I thought the Order of Serenity didn't have that many fighters beyond just a few guards?
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:24 am

Edit 08242015 0218

My first cameo, for chapter 49 (work in progress)...please let me know what you think:

-Name: Akumu'keshi Dutan'vir (former Akumu'keshi Kyorl'solenurn)
-Race: Female Drowussu pureblood
-Build: Slender
-Height: Tall
-Ancestry: Dutan'vir
-Profession: Dutan'vir Defender (was Kyorl'solenurn Crusader)
-Martial Ability: Saber, competent, assisted by Air affinity as required; shield bash in extremis, assisted by Air affinity
-Mana Affinity: Air Affinity, offensive boost and maneuverability as required
-Costume: Cobalt Blue knee-length robe with pale Gold trim at collar, cuffs, and hem; Steel Grey Kyorl plate cuirass and backplate, gorget, pauldrons, cannons and vambraces, gauntlets, tassets, cuisses (under robe), poleyns, greaves, and sabatons, with large Steel Grey shield on left arm, all Kyorl emblems hastily painted over in White and repainted with crudely drawn Dutan'vir emblems; head left bare; hair worn straight to mid back length; wears saber in Leather Brown scabbard on left hip, thin Leather Brown baldric going across torso to right shoulder
-Colors: Gold eyes, Silver hair, common Ssu complexion
-Personality traits: normally very calm and quiet, not phased by much that goes on around her, but has little patience for drawn out battles, becomes more agitated as frustration kicks in, will eventually start screaming at opponents
Favorite saying: "Do you mind? I've got better things to do!" (to a stubborn opponent)
Favorite activity: writing prodigiously in journal book about recent events for posterity (slightly embellished)
Favorite expression: one eyebrow raised, eyelids half open in a look of boredom/disinterest/lost in thought, lips parted in an absent minded fashion
Inspirational pictures: Olivier Armstrong from FMA:Brotherhood, Ariel in chapter 40 battle, pending
Quirks: vision gets blurry from time to time, smacks herself in the head to clear it up;
Where does your loyalty go to?: Dutan'vir, who will need all the help they can get should war flare up with the Kyorl'solenurn
Who is your character in one sentence?: Akumu'keshi is a defender of the reborn Dutan'vir clan who wishes to protect the balance of power.

Additional notes:
Akumu'keshi was no longer living with her parents when her mother was executed, but she harbors detestation towards not only the Nidraa'chal but also the Sharen, especially Nir'naya who led the inquisition. In the subsequent collapse of the Val'Dutan'vir clan, her father went missing and is thought to be lost. Along with many expatriate Duters, she made her way to the Val'Kyorl'solenurn who took her in and retrained her to become a Templar.

She uses her Air sorcery as readily as her sword, able to blast enemies at point blank range. When confronted with many enemies, she likes to fire down towards the ground, propelling dirt and gravel in an arc. A side effect to her reliance on this attack form is that she occasionally has blurred vision. While she doesn't comprehend the causality, her solution of smacking her head tends to clear it up, so she doesn't pay it much mind. Some day, she may develop serious brain issues, but that's years down the road, and she might not live that long.

She heard through her fellow expats that the Sarghress remnants of the Dutan'vir clan were moving to reclaim their former clan holdings. While she wouldn't miss those prejudicial Kyorls who looked down upon her for her heritage, she is concerned what would happen if open warfare broke out between the Dutan'virs and Kyorls. With a somewhat heavy heart, Akumu'keshi went to help defend the mighty Dutan'vir fortress.
Last edited by Basileus_Ioannis on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby Disestablish » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:43 am

Ordered a Dutan'vir spot and posting here more to have an easy area to write it out.
-Name: Vara'nin Dutan'vir
-Race : Female Ssu
-Ancestry : Pure Dutan'vir
-Proffesion : Dutan'vir medic
-Martial abillity: Short Sword, limited capability.
-Mana affitinity : Blood affinity, medical and offensive capabilities
-Costume: Kyorl standard infantry helmet, face plate ripped off and the Clan symbol of the Dutan'vir carved into the top of the remaining helmet(Above the gaping hole of the former face plate). Hoodless robes, white with grey stitching, covered in pouches, pockets and hidden folds, carrying an assortment of smaller medical supplies and personal items(Combs, money pouch, sewing supplies etc). Black medical bag draped over right shoulder, mismatched colouring of fabric covering the front bearing a grey Dutan'vir clan symbol. Curly shoulder length hair, frequently unruly and frizzy.
-Colors. Purple eyes, White hair with grey high lights, common Ssu skin colouring
-Personality traits: Quiet at times, she prefers to spend most of her effort speaking postively or joking around, growing reserved and slightly serious in stressful situations, prone to long gaps of silence if not required to speak/comforting a patient.
-Favourite saying : "I swear this hair has a life of it own... Maybe the Jaal's would want it." "Really now, it's just a small cut, I'll have it patched up quick and you can go back to hacking at people in no time."
-Favourite activity: Combing and attempting to straighten her hair, to little avail. Sewing, stitching or mending clothes, with large amount of time spent attaching and modifying her own clothes.
-Favourite expression: Eyes open with a faint smile.
-Quirks:
-Friendly and outgoing in low stress situations or with people she knows, but quietly growing quiet and reserved in high stress times, the only expectation being caring for a patient.
-Constantly fumbling around with her various pockets. pouches or folds, often forgetting which exact one any given item is in.
-Annoyed by her hair to no end.
-Crippling fear of Dawmere, avoiding them at all cost and freezing up when forced to ride one, typically resulting in her being thrown off the soon enough annoyed mount, in no way improving her fear.

-inspirational pictures: http://www.nam.ac.uk/images/online/draw ... /97858.jpg lack Medical Satchel, area where cross is instead slightly miscoloured patch of fabric bearing the Dutan'vir clan symbol, where a Kyorl symbol was ripped off and replaced.
-The answer to the question : Dutan'vir. Fled the most recent purge to rejoin the restarting force of her clan, bringing whatever medical supplies she could flee with to aid her people's cause
-Who is your character in one simple sentence? A slightly ruffled medic hoping her expertise won't need too much use.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Disestablish » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:02 am

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:My first cameo, for chapter 49 (work in progress)...please let me know what you think:

Name: Akumu'keshi Dutan'vir (was Akumu'keshi Kyorl'solenurn)

Personality traits: holds up left thumb with arm extended to take aim, then bites her right thumb a bit before thrusting the right hand forward, fingers extended, when blasting enemies with Force (might resemble an archer's stance but only superficially); while this can be a "tell" for those who know her, most enemies might wonder why she's giving them a thumbs-up sign ("Is she on our side?")

This is not a personality. This is an activity the character undertakes.
It should also be noted that 'Force" is not one of a drow's powers. The closest thing the drow would have to this would be air sorcerym which is what Shi'nae used to beat Ariel, not 'Force', most enemies would probably just stab your character rather then wonder why she's giving them a thumbs up, for all is fair in war and shanking.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:47 am

Disestablish wrote:
Basileus_Ioannis wrote:My first cameo, for chapter 49 (work in progress)...please let me know what you think:

Personality traits: holds up left thumb with arm extended to take aim, then bites her right thumb a bit before thrusting the right hand forward, fingers extended, when blasting enemies with Force (might resemble an archer's stance but only superficially); while this can be a "tell" for those who know her, most enemies might wonder why she's giving them a thumbs-up sign ("Is she on our side?")

This is not a personality. This is an activity the character undertakes.
It should also be noted that 'Force" is not one of a drow's powers. The closest thing the drow would have to this would be air sorcerym which is what Shi'nae used to beat Ariel, not 'Force', most enemies would probably just stab your character rather then wonder why she's giving them a thumbs up, for all is fair in war and shanking.

Gotcha, will come up with a personality trait. Also, will change affinity...I thought I had read that Shinae did not use Air. Thanks for your critique, it will help me make a useable character.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby partner555 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:09 am

Race: Drowussu pureblood
Build: Slender
Height: Tall
Ancestry: Dutan'vir (mother killed in Nidraa'chal inquisition, father missing presumed dead)
Profession: Dutan'vir Defender (was Kyorl'solenurn Templar)
Martial Ability: Dagger
Mana Affinity: Force
Hair: Grey long
Eyes: Gold
Costume: Blue and gold robes under White armor
Favorite saying: "KA-BAM!" when letting fly with Force (being her primary weapon, she says this a lot in combat)
Favorite activity: stretching, touching toes, jumping jacks, other calisthenics to stay limber
Favorite expression: looking past upright thumb, taking aim and pouting in concentration (she sometimes does this to her friends to psych them out)
Quirks: her vision gets blurry from time to time, so she smacks herself in the head to clear it up; has a thing for Miki'lu, who she met years ago
Inspirational pictures: Miki'lu at Felde (bundle of awesomeness!), possibly Shinae (in Force use)
Where does your loyalty go to?: Dutan'vir, but good friends with Merril'lin
Who is your character in one sentence?: Akumu'keshi is a defender of the reborn Dutan'vir clan who wishes to protect the balance of power with her Force affinity.

Additional notes:
Akumu'keshi was no longer living with her parents when her mother was executed, but she harbors detestation towards not only the Nidraa'chal but also the Sharen, especially that witch Nir'naya who led the inquisition. In the subsequent collapse of the Val'Dutan'vir clan, her father went missing and is thought to be lost. Along with many expatriate Duters, she made her way to the Val'Kyorl'solenurn who took her in and retrained her to become a Templar. There, she met and befriended the colorful seer Merril'lin, who didn't look down upon her for being an ex-Duter, a prevalent prejudice among native-born Kyorls.

Noticing the thumbs-up stance during combat training, Merril'lin laughed and began flashing her a peace sign with her fingers. At first, Akumu'keshi was confused about why she kept flashing the "v" sign every time she took aim, so she began sticking her thumb up towards her, and that became their friendship sign that they'd flash from a distance. While Merril'lin would beam whenever she saw their sign, others tended to be unnerved whenever Akumu'keshi gave them a thumbs-up, as the usual follow-up was her going "KA-BAM!" and things blowing up.

She uses Force as readily as others use a sword, able to blast enemies apart at point blank range up to medium range. When confronted with many enemies, she likes to fire down towards the ground, propelling rocks and gravel like a claymore mine in an arc of pain. A side effect to her reliance on this attack form is that she occasionally has blurred vision. While she doesn't comprehend the causality, her solution of smacking her head tends to clear it up, so she doesn't pay it much mind. Some day, she may develop serious brain issues, but that's years down the road, and she might not live that long.

Akumu'keshi likes to keep flexible, so when she's not engaged in combat, she has a tendency to spontaneously stretch, bend, twirl her arms, or quickly jog in place. She gets weird looks at restaurants when she props a foot up on a chair and does lunges, or carelessly bends over to do cherry pickers without noticing who might be sitting right behind her butt. It makes her feel good to do calisthenics, and getting her pulse rate up might have an indirect benefit to her mana use. Then again, the stress might be causing her blurred vision, but she doesn't really care as long as it goes away.

She heard through her fellow expats that the remnants of the Dutan'vir clan were moving to reclaim their former clan holdings. While she wouldn't miss the bigoted bastards among the Kyorls, she worried that she would miss Merril'lin, until her friend told her to go with her heart. She explained that it was an elaborate trap to involve the Sarghress, but she also knew that had the expats stayed, they may have faced even worse conditions once open warfare erupted between the clans. So with a somewhat heavy heart, Akumu'keshi and others went to help defend the mighty Dutan'vir fortress.

edit: all references to Merril'lin pending approval by her owner, Hfar

Only males can be Templars, and only females can be Wardens.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Pitdragon » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:54 am

partner555 wrote:

Race: Drowussu pureblood
Build: Slender
Height: Tall
Ancestry: Dutan'vir (mother killed in Nidraa'chal inquisition, father missing presumed dead)
Profession: Dutan'vir Defender (was Kyorl'solenurn Templar)
Martial Ability: Dagger
Hair: Grey long
Eyes: Gold
Costume: Blue and gold robes under White armor
Favorite saying: "KA-BAM!" when letting fly with Force (being her primary weapon, she says this a lot in combat)
Favorite activity: stretching, touching toes, jumping jacks, other calisthenics to stay limber
Favorite expression: looking past upright thumb, taking aim and pouting in concentration (she sometimes does this to her friends to psych them out)
Quirks: her vision gets blurry from time to time, so she smacks herself in the head to clear it up; has a thing for Miki'lu, who she met years ago
Inspirational pictures: Miki'lu at Felde (bundle of awesomeness!), possibly Shinae (in Force use)
Where does your loyalty go to?: Dutan'vir, but good friends with Merril'lin
Who is your character in one sentence?: Akumu'keshi is a defender of the reborn Dutan'vir clan who wishes to protect the balance of power with her Force affinity.

Additional notes:
Akumu'keshi was no longer living with her parents when her mother was executed, but she harbors detestation towards not only the Nidraa'chal but also the Sharen, especially that witch Nir'naya who led the inquisition. In the subsequent collapse of the Val'Dutan'vir clan, her father went missing and is thought to be lost. Along with many expatriate Duters, she made her way to the Val'Kyorl'solenurn who took her in and retrained her to become a Templar. There, she met and befriended the colorful seer Merril'lin, who didn't look down upon her for being an ex-Duter, a prevalent prejudice among native-born Kyorls.

Noticing the thumbs-up stance during combat training, Merril'lin laughed and began flashing her a peace sign with her fingers. At first, Akumu'keshi was confused about why she kept flashing the "v" sign every time she took aim, so she began sticking her thumb up towards her, and that became their friendship sign that they'd flash from a distance. While Merril'lin would beam whenever she saw their sign, others tended to be unnerved whenever Akumu'keshi gave them a thumbs-up, as the usual follow-up was her going "KA-BAM!" and things blowing up.

She uses Force as readily as others use a sword, able to blast enemies apart at point blank range up to medium range. When confronted with many enemies, she likes to fire down towards the ground, propelling rocks and gravel like a claymore mine in an arc of pain. A side effect to her reliance on this attack form is that she occasionally has blurred vision. While she doesn't comprehend the causality, her solution of smacking her head tends to clear it up, so she doesn't pay it much mind. Some day, she may develop serious brain issues, but that's years down the road, and she might not live that long.

Akumu'keshi likes to keep flexible, so when she's not engaged in combat, she has a tendency to spontaneously stretch, bend, twirl her arms, or quickly jog in place. She gets weird looks at restaurants when she props a foot up on a chair and does lunges, or carelessly bends over to do cherry pickers without noticing who might be sitting right behind her butt. It makes her feel good to do calisthenics, and getting her pulse rate up might have an indirect benefit to her mana use. Then again, the stress might be causing her blurred vision, but she doesn't really care as long as it goes away.

She heard through her fellow expats that the remnants of the Dutan'vir clan were moving to reclaim their former clan holdings. While she wouldn't miss the bigoted bastards among the Kyorls, she worried that she would miss Merril'lin, until her friend told her to go with her heart. She explained that it was an elaborate trap to involve the Sarghress, but she also knew that had the expats stayed, they may have faced even worse conditions once open warfare erupted between the clans. So with a somewhat heavy heart, Akumu'keshi and others went to help defend the mighty Dutan'vir fortress.

edit: all references to Merril'lin pending approval by her owner, Hfar

Crusader would work. They're sort of lower- to mid-level troops and her back story sounds like a Duter commoner or of a lesser house at most that fell apart in the clan's fall. Commoners are often called to war as Crusaders, and I don't see why they wouldn't have some permanently at arms in the standing army given the increased tensions leading to the Sarghress-Sharen war and their own fallout with the rest of the Empire after Shimi denounced the Sharen in the last Clan Council. I'd even wager that integrating Duter commoners by having them act as Crusaders in long-term positions might have been suggested and enacted by those not so opposed to adding their bloodlines in the beginning (and tolerated by the rest, as Crusaders could be meatshields in their minds). This would have them interacting with the more religiously trained of the forces to better bring them into the Kyorl culture and mindset.

And Shinae's affinity is very unique, it is a sort of random pop-up of a High Sorcery that uses air pressure, so is a mix of Air and something else (perhaps natural Spell Song affinity? that would explain Shodun having something similar going on). Kern would have to be convinced to allow such a thing, and unless he feels it could work in the plot I'd not easily count on it. I'd stick with Air and look to Kalki and Sasi from the Nids as inspiration of what can be done with it.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby partner555 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:37 am

Pitdragon wrote:
partner555 wrote:
Basileus_Ioannis wrote:-snip-
-snip-

Crusader would work. They're sort of lower- to mid-level troops and her back story sounds like a Duter commoner or of a lesser house at most that fell apart in the clan's fall. Commoners are often called to war as Crusaders, and I don't see why they wouldn't have some permanently at arms in the standing army given the increased tensions leading to the Sarghress-Sharen war and their own fallout with the rest of the Empire after Shimi denounced the Sharen in the last Clan Council. I'd even wager that integrating Duter commoners by having them act as Crusaders in long-term positions might have been suggested and enacted by those not so opposed to adding their bloodlines in the beginning (and tolerated by the rest, as Crusaders could be meatshields in their minds). This would have them interacting with the more religiously trained of the forces to better bring them into the Kyorl culture and mindset.

And Shinae's affinity is very unique, it is a sort of random pop-up of a High Sorcery that uses air pressure, so is a mix of Air and something else (perhaps natural Spell Song affinity? that would explain Shodun having something similar going on). Kern would have to be convinced to allow such a thing, and unless he feels it could work in the plot I'd not easily count on it. I'd stick with Air and look to Kalki and Sasi from the Nids as inspiration of what can be done with it.

Huh, I didn't notice the affinity at first. Pitdragon is right. You're going to have to change the affinity. As it is, it looks like a high sorcery, which will almost certainly be shot down by Kern. Go with one of the common affinities.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby partner555 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:31 am

Ok everyone, here is the updated info on my Inquisitor. Before I send it to Kern, can you guys tell me what you think?

Here's her old concept: http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=6181
And of course, here is her sister: http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=6392
Nuru's templar: http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=6423
Nuru's and Karo's son: http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=8120

The links are there so you guys have the context for my cameo's updated information:

Personality traits:
1. Has learned her sister is alive and well, if tainted, among the Sarghress, and wishes to reunite with her beloved sister.
2. Questions Kyorl'solenurn doctrine, since it was what caused her sister to flee to the Sarghress in the first place.

Favourite saying: "If Sharess is truly a benevolent goddess, then why did my sister get tainted? Why did Nuru have to run?"

Favourite expression: Determination

Quirks: Still addicted to chocolate and alcohol, but getting better at controlling her addiction.

Loyalty: Her sister and others who also question Kyorl'solenurn beliefs.

Ari'nara in one sentence: Someone who misses her dear sister.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion