For general community discussion.

Cameo Brainstorming

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby partner555 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:13 pm

aceofAces wrote:Makes me wish I HAD good character ideas

Just share them anyway and we'll see what can be done.
User avatar
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 7338
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Do you really care?
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Disestablish » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:20 pm

aceofAces wrote:Makes me wish I HAD good character ideas


Now that's just quiter's talk!
Lie your ideas on us man!
Tis what we're here for!
User avatar
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 5427
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 am
Location: The cold wilderness of rural Ontario.
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby SoulCode » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:46 pm

With my move it doesn't matter if I will be out of internet during the roll call, I will find a internet café and be there
I've awaited this chance since last spring. A chance to re-cameo,
Reka

To those who remember her, I hope it is fondly, to those who don't she was the Fallen in chapter 40 that head-shot the hard-to-kill Sharen Summoner. Kern, besides her light hair, did a terrific job of showing her personality.
For a while I wondered how to express her character in a short but complete form. My friends had commented that my artwork had improved quite a lot and that is where the idea came from.

The 6 pages below are comic pages that I believe sum up Reka better than any number of words I could write. That and, I figure pictures are more fun/quicker to look at than paragraphs of words.

Normally it takes me a week to finish a page like this. I did 6 in less than 2 weeks. On my floor, my computer on a cardboard box. So I know they are not the best quality but they where the best I can do. Shout out to my friends that supported them and gave me the confidence to post them here.

I Present Reka in her entirety:
1
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/261/2/a/oh_reka_1_by_sorenshadow-d7znngb.jpg
2
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/261/1/b/oh_reka_2_by_sorenshadow-d7zo45s.jpg
3
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/261/d/d/oh_reka_3_by_sorenshadow-d7zp6md.jpg
4
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/262/d/c/oh_reka_4_by_sorenshadow-d7zqk4y.jpg
5
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/262/d/2/oh_reka_5_by_sorenshadow-d7zritb.jpg
6
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/262/2/0/oh_reka_6_by_sorenshadow-d7zrj4y.jpg

And so fourm people. I thank you for you viewing and ask,
What do you think?
User avatar
SoulCode
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:55 am
Location: State of Cheese
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby partner555 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:34 am

Wow, you showed her as a charitable and nice and caring person right before she gets ready to snipe a nether summoner.
User avatar
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 7338
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Do you really care?
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby SoulCode » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:22 am

partner555 wrote:Wow, you showed her as a charitable and nice and caring person right before she gets ready to snipe a nether summoner.


I wasn't about to leave that aspect of her out.
Kind, soft-spoken and quiet gal. That also has no problem with the...darker aspects of her job.
User avatar
SoulCode
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:55 am
Location: State of Cheese
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby aceofAces » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:40 am

SoulCode wrote:
partner555 wrote:Wow, you showed her as a charitable and nice and caring person right before she gets ready to snipe a nether summoner.


I wasn't about to leave that aspect of her out.
Kind, soft-spoken and quiet gal. That also has no problem with the...darker aspects of her job.

Soft-spoken cold blooded killer with a heart of gold...

strange but interesting concept...me like.
User avatar
aceofAces
Demon
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:49 am
Location: In Spaaaaaaaaaaace

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby SoulCode » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:30 pm

aceofAces wrote:Soft-spoken cold blooded killer with a heart of gold...

strange but interesting concept...me like.


Why Thank you
User avatar
SoulCode
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:55 am
Location: State of Cheese
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Disestablish wrote:Cameos coming up for next chapter include the Sharen Alliance( Sharen Jieyan, Illhardro, Balvhakara), Sarghress, and Volzress! Coming up on the 27th! Get brainstorming people!

Argh...I have so many ideas for all three, I am not sure I can pick one?

Should I bring back Kyudosha? I love her design, and I would like a concept art that shows more of it instead of her mount (plus, she didn't have much pagetime last appearance, so more would be nice). Not to mention I want to start an Illhardo cavalry brigade with Sonor and Sarogo.

On the other hand, she did already appear, and I have so many other cameo ideas..........

In particular, I kind of feel like bringing out my ex-slave who hates the Beld. I am not sure why, since there won't be any Beld to hate, but I still do.....

A Kal'Yanata engineer, grenadier, and/or golem pilot might be fun, either fangirling over Balhv tech, or having a rivalry with them over whose gear is best.

Or a warmeat character - immune to demons and spellsong.

Which reminds me of my cannibalistic Vlozz berserker character. I don't know what the Vlozz would be doing, but a giant violent cannibal can only improve things.

And a Black Sun who defected to the Sarghress might be fun too....

Oh, and my old, grumpy Sharen. She would stand out well.

aaand maybe my Nine Swords Loyalist? Probably not many of them left though....

Well, regardless, the character should never call other characters by their actual name, similar to how Dise calls me a different bird every time.

With my move it doesn't matter if I will be out of internet during the roll call, I will find a internet café and be there
I've awaited this chance since last spring. A chance to re-cameo,
Reka

Go for it!
Reka was one of my favorites for that chapter.
User avatar
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Alric » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:17 pm

Luna and I might not be using Tur'geis and Die'tra for the next chapter (sounds like they'd still be making their way back to Chel) so I'm thinking of using my Sharen character if I can afford it.

Here's what I have so far:

Name: Ayas'yasti Xyrrai'zestu Sharen
Build: Medium
Height: Tall
Eye Color: Red
Hair: grey, lower-back length
Usual weapons: Tulwar and mace
Mana affinity: Air sorcery

Notes: Puts on airs of being cultured, was picked on heavily when young for being part of the Xyrrai'zestu. Very close to her protector twin. Her protector twin was driven to commit suicide, thus fueling her hatred towards the Suls, who she believes to be the real instigators of the war with the Sarghress.

-Formerly had green eyes
-Father was Erl'len, a Nal'sarkoth Val
-Tainted during the Nidwar; light tainting sickness, tries to hide symptoms
User avatar
Alric
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Crushing my enemies.
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Disestablish » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:
Disestablish wrote:Cameos coming up for next chapter include the Sharen Alliance( Sharen Jieyan, Illhardro, Balvhakara), Sarghress, and Volzress! Coming up on the 27th! Get brainstorming people!

Argh...I have so many ideas for all three, I am not sure I can pick one?

Should I bring back Kyudosha? I love her design, and I would like a concept art that shows more of it instead of her mount (plus, she didn't have much pagetime last appearance, so more would be nice). Not to mention I want to start an Illhardo cavalry brigade with Sonor and Sarogo.

On the other hand, she did already appear, and I have so many other cameo ideas..........

In particular, I kind of feel like bringing out my ex-slave who hates the Beld. I am not sure why, since there won't be any Beld to hate, but I still do.....

A Kal'Yanata engineer, grenadier, and/or golem pilot might be fun, either fangirling over Balhv tech, or having a rivalry with them blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .

Go with the ex-black sun. We need more black suns, even former ones.
User avatar
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 5427
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 am
Location: The cold wilderness of rural Ontario.
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:15 am

I do like the Black Suns, and I do regret not being able to make one for the big war chapter.


Hmmm....if Luna and Alric can bring in Amasaag characters, I wonder if I could make a character from my Aqrab tribe of the Black Sun...
User avatar
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby partner555 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:36 am

Alric wrote:Luna and I might not be using Tur'geis and Die'tra for the next chapter (sounds like they'd still be making their way back to Chel) so I'm thinking of using my Sharen character if I can afford it.

Here's what I have so far:

Name: Ayas'yasti Xyrrai'zestu Sharen
Build: Medium
Height: Tall
Eye Color: Red
Hair: grey, lower-back length
Usual weapons: Tulwar and mace
Mana affinity: Air sorcery

Notes: Puts on airs of being cultured, was picked on heavily when young for being part of the Xyrrai'zestu. Very close to her protector twin. Her protector twin was driven to commit suicide, thus fueling her hatred towards the Suls, who she believes to be the real instigators of the war with the Sarghress.

-Formerly had green eyes
-Father was Erl'len, a Nal'sarkoth Val
-Tainted during the Nidwar; light tainting sickness, tries to hide symptoms

Now why is the Xyrrai'zestu house so popular? If people made more characters for that house, they'd outnumber even Zala's descendants! 8P

My question still stands though.
User avatar
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 7338
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Do you really care?
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Thrair » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:30 am

Well, I had a lot of previous iterations of my idea in this thread, so I've hesitated to post my most recent. However, since the cameo call's going out in a week, I figured this is a good time for last-minute feedback. This iteration's been mostly the same for the past month.

-----------------------------
-Name: Al'tesh Sharen
-Race: Drowlath (Ver'Drowendar)
-Age: 562
-Build: Wiry.
-Ancestry: Chelian
-Profession: Doctor, Imperial Guardsman (Ret.)
-Martial ability: Sabre. Defensive fighter, especially with injury limiting mobility.
-Mana affinity: Water Sorcery

-Colors: Tainted Eyes. Teal hair, longer in the back and tied into a ponytail. Bushy eyebrows. Charcoal skintone.
-Costume: Dark grey and blue tunic. Clasp on the neck with the the mark of the Guard. Wears heavy leather boots and a metal brace on his right leg. Cane used mostly for ease of comfort.

Costume Reference: http://i.imgur.com/f10TGaY.png
Apperance Reference: http://i.imgur.com/CQG1vht.png
-Just a rough approximation.

-Personality traits: Defined most by his stubborn and exclusive loyalty to the Queen. Her death and his tainting, combined with his age, have started to show, leaving him world-weary and stuck in his ways. Outwardly laid-back, but thoroughly cynical.
-Favorite saying: “My knee doesn't bend so easily these days, with no Queen to serve."
-Quirks: Casually uses his sorcery to drink at inappropriate times. Impatiently reminds difficult patients that anesthesia is entirely optional.
---------------------

I think I might need to trim back a bit on details, but there's some room for that, if need be. And I figured better to err on the side of too much detail than too little, since taking a few parts out (if Kern asks) is a lot easier than adding more. Justification for being in Zala's alliance is that there's little option if the clan's going to survive.

One thing I was thinking about was swapping the second quirk for "Absolutely no regard for patients' social status."

@Alric: The character looks promising as far as personal quirks, but I think there's room for a bit more description of the general personality.
User avatar
Thrair
Demon
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Altruis » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:09 am

i was prepared for this here's my cameo list for

Sharen

http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17533&start=675

Jieyan
http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17533&start=660

Balvhakara
http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17533&start=660

Volzress
i have him ready i think he was one of the first i post but im gonna add some extra personality trait

Illhardro
ill post him soon enough his a spellsinger related to nega'feas bloodline also the one that the trio loves

Sarghress
i believe im gonna post one that can fit more in the underworld i maked one but not sure...
User avatar
Altruis
Summoner
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:19 am
Location: Behind the person who read this
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Disestablish » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Saying it now,
All three of those characters would not be accepted by Kern for a cameo spot.
The first two lack just about any personality and the traits you list for third are jumbled and make no sense.
They still need major overhauls before they will be accepted.
Side note.
ONLY Balvakara have power armour.
It is not the kind of weapon they trade off or teach to others and the interactions one Balv would have with a Sharen are limited, even more so since said Sharen is another character you created to simply cause the situation.
And there are no such thing as summon golems.
Summons and golems are entirely different things and not an construct put together in DT canon.
User avatar
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 5427
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 am
Location: The cold wilderness of rural Ontario.
Clan: Sarghress

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron