For general community discussion.

Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Choose the faction you would want to be part of if you were a drow?

Val of Sharen
17
6%
Vel of Sharen
8
3%
Sarghress
47
17%
Beldrobbaen
30
11%
Illhar'dro
11
4%
Vloz'ress
38
14%
Nal'sarkoth
22
8%
Kyorl'solenurn
21
8%
Jaal'darya
22
8%
Sullissin'rune
21
8%
Balvhakara
15
5%
Jie'yen
7
3%
Nidraa'chal
7
3%
Kal'yantra
3
1%
Black sun
4
1%
 
Total votes : 273

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Devour the cabbage » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:17 pm

No Kyorl? This will not stand! *Puts on a templar helmet and gets out the fiery stick* For the ligh- I mean Sharess!

Illhar coming a close second, honestly thought there'd be more after a whole chapter on them.
User avatar
Devour the cabbage
Nether Spawn
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:12 pm
Location: Scotland!
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Raziel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 am

Devour the cabbage wrote:No Kyorl? This will not stand! *Puts on a templar helmet and gets out the fiery stick* For the ligh- I mean Sharess!

Illhar coming a close second, honestly thought there'd be more after a whole chapter on them.

Wouldn't hold my breath for the kyols, they aren't even in the top 5. ^^
User avatar
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:43 am
Location: A massive Dark Tower hidden in the underworld.
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Devour the cabbage » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Raziel wrote:
Devour the cabbage wrote:No Kyorl? This will not stand! *Puts on a templar helmet and gets out the fiery stick* For the ligh- I mean Sharess!

Illhar coming a close second, honestly thought there'd be more after a whole chapter on them.

Wouldn't hold my breath for the kyols, they aren't even in the top 5. ^^


Ah no doubt the kyorls wouldn't come high in, their pretty despised, its the illhar that I thought would be higher up in the list than they currently are.
User avatar
Devour the cabbage
Nether Spawn
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:12 pm
Location: Scotland!
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Smokehammer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:10 am

Vel of Sharen here -still. Its tough with the Nids up but, eh...

SARV!! SARV!! SARV!!
User avatar
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:09 am
Location: Being Reincarnated as a DD bra.
Clan: Sharen

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:11 am

Balvhakara and Kal'Yanta are both very, very tempting, but I am going to have to stick with Nal'Sarkoth.
User avatar
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby QuakeIV » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:49 am

Until further notice Sarghress, because nothing has really changed for them yet.
QuakeIV
Nether Spawn
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:22 pm
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Alistante » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:31 pm

I love the Vloz, but the Sarghress win out in the end. C'mon, GIANT WOLVES! How could you not love them?
User avatar
Alistante
Nether Spawn
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:09 am
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby manalfer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:38 pm

It's fine to see the Kal'yantra as a proposed choice. Finally a way for the lesser clan to be recognized. And a hope to see a little more of them in the future arcs.

All hail to Maszyna ! Honor to the clans that choose to build instead of causing war !
manalfer
Tik'tikki
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:18 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Raziel » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Looks like the Sagress have tied with my Balvhakara. But common! Thous puppies are no match for the Balvhakara B.F.G.'s, advanced armor, and giant crab golems! *heehee*
Jaal's are still in first. ^^
User avatar
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 7176
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:43 am
Location: A massive Dark Tower hidden in the underworld.
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Kirik » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Sarghress are a kids top choice *wee*

it's like all inexperienced players always choose fighter class in all kind of RPGs or cRPGs not wanting to play a bit more harder and more fulfilling class ^^;
User avatar
Kirik
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:59 am
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby OriginalBubs » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:19 am

Kirik wrote:Sarghress are a kids top choice *wee*

it's like all inexperienced players always choose fighter class in all kind of RPGs or cRPGs not wanting to play a bit more harder and more fulfilling class ^^;


Now, now. Be nice :P
Anyways, every clan has their schtick. For the Sarg's it's an overabundance of mooks. SOMEONE'S gotta fill the ranks }:3



Balvhakara for me! They're in Nurquah, their clan color is black, they have close ties with the Illhar'dro, they have crab golems and POWER ARMOR. With OVERSHIELDS.

Easiest choice ever. Of all time.

(P.S. The Balvhakara's schtick is AWESOME. Trufax.)
User avatar
OriginalBubs
Summoner
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: Here.
Clan: Illhar'dro

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:39 am

OriginalBubs wrote:
Kirik wrote:Sarghress are a kids top choice *wee*

it's like all inexperienced players always choose fighter class in all kind of RPGs or cRPGs not wanting to play a bit more harder and more fulfilling class ^^;


Now, now. Be nice :P
Anyways, every clan has their schtick. For the Sarg's it's an overabundance of mooks. SOMEONE'S gotta fill the ranks }:3



Balvhakara for me! They're in Nurquah, their clan color is black, they have close ties with the Illhar'dro, they have crab golems and POWER ARMOR. With OVERSHIELDS.

Easiest choice ever. Of all time.

(P.S. The Balvhakara's schtick is AWESOME. Trufax.)





Bah, the Sarghress schtick is that we come from all walks of life and work together as a unified military to overcome our bickering Val/Vel enemies }:3
User avatar
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:20 pm
Location: To the right of Illharess Quain'tana's throne
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Sy'rasri » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 am

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:Bah, the Sarghress schtick is that we come from all walks of life and work together as a unified military to overcome our bickering Val/Vel enemies }:3


But that is all they are. Military force and not much else. When the wars are fought and the battles are over...what next? Well, you become the hired weapon of the next ruling clans. Back to mere Merc, unless this military compound can think of something else they are good at...
User avatar
Sy'rasri
Summoner
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:39 pm
Location: Off seeking to restore my honor, by not seeking honor
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Kirik » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:17 am

Sy'rasri wrote:
Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:Bah, the Sarghress schtick is that we come from all walks of life and work together as a unified military to overcome our bickering Val/Vel enemies }:3


But that is all they are. Military force and not much else. When the wars are fought and the battles are over...what next? Well, you become the hired weapon of the next ruling clans. Back to mere Merc, unless this military compound can think of something else they are good at...

To be fair, I just can't see Sarghress clan turning into a normal non-military oriented clan in times of peace with it's warmonger mindset, where most of them want just kill, plunder and kill all Vals...
From the start the mercenary group was created they were always fighting, now their goal is to win the war in Chel, remove the goal and they will have problems, or like Mel suggested the clan after destroying Sharen will try to conquer whole Chel, the machine started, and it seems it will be hard to stop, or the conquest of surface could be a good goal as next thing to do.
We can assume that the clan got steady flow of recruits due to commoners whose are being pushed by their Val hate and wanting to get better life and riches and raise in ranks.
Seeing how story is told we may be sure that thanks to Ariel Sargrhess clan will never fail, while all other clans can in the war.
User avatar
Kirik
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:59 am
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Which clan would you be part of? (Year 1114 edition)

Postby Vazeron1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 pm

I wouldn't necessarily think that the Sarghress would necessarily fall apart after the war; it entirely depends on how ideologically motivated its members are to a Val-less state. If anything, I would say that they either have a very selfish form of anarchist or socialist mindset depending on what state they plan to form if they win (i.e, they make sure everyone in their clan is cared for, and do help the commoners to a fairly significant extent), but as we haven't seen their economic policies beyond their raiding/trade network, I don't think that we can really determine it as of yet. Essentially, given the wide spread of Sarghress territory, I'd say they have a good chance of actually winning a war, but only time will tell how well they manage Chel after. I think they will probably stay together, as the clan isn't entirely militaristic, and with Quain leaving, their largest warmonger will be gone. I don't see Kel'noz, Mel, or Ariel just letting the clan fall apart that quickly.
User avatar
Vazeron1
Nether Seed
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:55 pm
Location: Toronto
Clan: Sarghress

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest