For general community discussion.

Time skip choice for Ariel.

During the time skip who do you think would be the best choice in raising Ariel?

Quain'tana: Learn from the top wolf herself.
14%
Kelnoz: He pretty much taught Ariel when Saphille wasn't. Might as well make it official.
7%
Mel: No! Mel should be the one!
8%
Quill'yate: Yeah, time spent with the tough, fun, and funny Aunt!
42%
Sillice: Maybe she will have better luck teaching someone who isn't tainted.... Maybe?
1%
Vaelia: Who said a goblin warrior woman can't teach a drow heir.
7%
Other: Please list and ex plane below.
8%
None: To hell with the adults! All they have done is screw her up. Let nature take over instead of nurture.
11%

Total votes : 83

Re: Time skip choice for Ariel.

Postby Aegis » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:00 am

Where every other choice is a drow. >>
Aegis
Demon

Postby Dice Warwick » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:03 am

I do agree a bit on Quill'yate, but that will still be under Quain, pulse she would be busy with her work as a highland raider.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Raziel » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:16 am

Aegis wrote:Where every other choice is a drow. >>

Well there weren't allot of non drow options. ^^;
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Dice Warwick » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:09 am

Raziel wrote:

that and dragon is not a option as there has been no thinking dragons in the canon so far, also light elves would be a no-no as well. think about it.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby Raziel » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:23 am

Dice Warwick wrote:
Raziel wrote:

that and dragon is not a option as there has been no thinking dragons in the canon so far, also light elves would be a no-no as well. think about it.

You mean Rik? *wutno*
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby H'K'Maly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:53 am

Raziel wrote:
Dice Warwick wrote:
Raziel wrote:Well there weren't allot of non drow options. ^^;

You mean Rik? *wutno*

... well claiming Rik is thinking is little risky ... :)

Aegis wrote:Must be the human thing. :P

Goblin thing.

It was already out of the ordinary for male (Kel'noz) to tutor her. Giving goblin such kind of responsibility ...

Dice Warwick wrote:Ariel has the people who will make her grate; Quain is her roll-model, Diva will be her teacher, Faen is her anchor, and I bet Shala, Sarnel, and Kau will be her comrades in arms. And Let's not forget the Fallen Legion, a loyal army ready to kill for her, and cuddle her at any time.

Yup, we shouldn't forget Fallen Legion ... the good example of warm and cute killers, to react on different thread :)
H'K'Maly
Vel'akar

Postby fudje » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 am

Here's a thought:

Ariel has estates. Someone is presiding over them until she is ready to. Between being involved in this and the Fallen Legion training, Ariel should have all the educating she needs.
Anything else is driven by whom she chooses to speak to.
fudje
Nether Seed

Clan: Sarghress

Postby moonwalker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:12 pm

Dice Warwick wrote:is her roll-model
I like what you did here, because... *puts on sunglasses* ...that's how we roll! YEEEAAAHHH!!!
moonwalker
Summoner

Postby Lurd » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:25 pm

I voted Quain because I'd like to see her soften up a little and become a better "mother."
Lurd
Tainted

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:56 am

My memory is hazy, but how many years is the timeskip going to be again?

10 or 15 years, I'm not sure. Vae is still fairly young, somewhere in her twenties...so she'll be in thirties or maybe early forties by the end. so...aging will start, but so long as she maintains a healthy lifestyle, she should still be quite capable.

It was already out of the ordinary for male (Kel'noz) to tutor her. Giving goblin such kind of responsibility ...

Hey, Vae did end up discovering a profitable new venture for the Sarghress. She might just get a promotion...and when Ariel joins as a rookie raider, she might just end up under Vae's command.

it is unusual, but the Sarghress is all about letting people prove themselves.

Ariel has estates. Someone is presiding over them until she is ready to. Between being involved in this and the Fallen Legion training, Ariel should have all the educating she needs.

True....man, if has been forever since we have seen Ariel's scholar....I wonder if he will ever come up again.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Raziel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:

10 or 15 years, I'm not sure. Vae is still fairly young, somewhere in her twenties...so she'll be in thirties or maybe early forties by the end. so...aging will start, but so long as she maintains a healthy lifestyle, she should still be quite capable.

Hey, Vae did end up discovering a profitable new venture for the Sarghress. She might just get a promotion...and when Ariel joins as a rookie raider, she might just end up under Vae's command.

True....man, if has been forever since we have seen Ariel's scholar....I wonder if he will ever come up again.

Cant imagine Valeria not having a healthy lifestyle as a adventurer. And as for the scholar.... Probably not. ^^;
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby H'K'Maly » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:

15 years.

Junglefowl26 wrote:

Ariel might end under Vae's command for some raid but the responsibility for Ariel's tutoring will be on Quill'yate.

Junglefowl26 wrote:
Ariel has estates. Someone is presiding over them until she is ready to. Between being involved in this the Fallen Legion training, Ariel should have all the educating she needs.

Oh. Yes. The man Syphile didn't known his name ... and neither do we. Shame on us ... his name is Niende.
H'K'Maly
Vel'akar

Postby Jak'iaah » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Wiseman wrote:Nanananananananana Quaintana nanananananananana quaintana nanananananananana quaintana, quaintana quaintana, nanananananana batman!

I started off reading this as the Katamari Damacy theme, and that's basically my new favorite association. Thanks, mate. *wee*

In any case, I think the best thing for the little wolf in coming years is space to stand on her own. She's been doing okay so far, and while I do think guidance from those around her will help her on her way, she'll ultimately learn more from her own experiences and failures than she will from tutors, guardians and other mentor figures. She really needs only very light scaffolding at this point. The rest is up to her.

-slides out of her real life teacher mind and goes back to being a Sarghress gorilla :x -
Jak'iaah
Summoner

Postby fudje » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:27 am

Jak'iaah wrote:I started off reading this as the Katamari Damacy theme, and that's basically my new favorite association. Thanks, mate. *wee*

Hilariously I just loaded up a youtube video of said theme to determine what you were on about, then happened by following links to land on this page with the music playing in the background. *oops*

H'K'Maly wrote:Oh. Yes. The man Syphile didn't known his name ... and neither do we. Shame on us ... his name is Niende.

Ha! Yes! He has a name! Totally important, then. Oh, wait, he only has the one name. Maybe not.

In other news, is it just me or is this becoming a totally weird spot to insert 15 years?
fudje
Nether Seed

Postby Raziel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:39 am

With the land Ariel knows being a place that produces mana plants I can see that defiantly cumming into play in the future. *hmmm*
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion