For general community discussion.

Time skip choice for Ariel.

During the time skip who do you think would be the best choice in raising Ariel?

Quain'tana: Learn from the top wolf herself.
14%
Kelnoz: He pretty much taught Ariel when Saphille wasn't. Might as well make it official.
7%
Mel: No! Mel should be the one!
8%
Quill'yate: Yeah, time spent with the tough, fun, and funny Aunt!
42%
Sillice: Maybe she will have better luck teaching someone who isn't tainted.... Maybe?
1%
Vaelia: Who said a goblin warrior woman can't teach a drow heir.
7%
Other: Please list and ex plane below.
8%
None: To hell with the adults! All they have done is screw her up. Let nature take over instead of nurture.
11%

Total votes : 83

Time skip choice for Ariel.

Postby Raziel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:28 am

During the time skip who do you think would be the best choice in raising Ariel? Try to be honest and realistic in you're selection, and you only get one choice unless you think it should be more than one then explain in "other." ^^

Thank you anonymous Moderator. ^^;

[moderator]Names fixed.[/moderator]
Last edited by Raziel on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Time skip choice for Ariel.

Postby moonwalker » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:51 am

Raziel wrote:During the time skip who do you think would be the best choice in raising Ariel? Try to be honest and realistic in you're selection, and you only get one choice unless you think it should be more than one then ex plane in "other." ^^

I have two conflicting opinions - one is for the personal good and another is for the good of the clan. The first one IMO would be with Quill'yate, but the second is Quaintana. Since in the drow reality you're nothing without a clan I voted for what would be good for a clan, hence Quain.
moonwalker
Summoner

Postby Tiyev » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:55 am

*hmmm* What do you mean by 'ex plane'? Do you mean some type of aircraft that has somehow has been altered or damaged to the extent that it can no longer be considered a plane? Could you please explain. :3
Tiyev
Tainted

Location: The not too distant future, somewhere in time and space.

Postby Whizzard » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:01 am

Ariel hasn't had anyone raising her for 5 years, why should she suddenly need someone now? All I see in her future is further training and then enlistment into the troops and serving as a grunt til she raises through ranks to the top.

That's the Sarghress way Quain has spaketh about.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Harbinger of Cookies » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:18 am

I hate to sound anally retentive but... I refuse to answer to a poll about characters, where the poster doesn't bother to check and write names of the characters correctly... Practically all of them are wrong, and for the single correct one (Mel), I shudder to think what it'd be if it was her whole name :(

I've no problem with bad English (though I'd recommend switching to a browser which support spell checking), and I don't really mind wrongly spelled names in regular forum posts, but... in poll question starting a thread... Augh, my eyes, it burns! The goggles, they do nothing! Won't anybody think of all the baby seals I have to kill (with a studded mace) because of this ?

Edit: Fixed, thank you! Also the remaining baby seals are very grateful.
Last edited by Harbinger of Cookies on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbinger of Cookies
Summoner

Postby Iawaris » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:52 am

Other: Shimi'lande or Ash'waren. Shimi'lande because she's awesome and is somehow able to keep the Kyorl in check (Face it, if someone other than Shimi'lande were to run the Kyorl, there'd be an all-out war against the tainted already), Ash'waren because she's one hell of a politician and because she's got a lot of experience. In the end, gotta say both. Switching every month.
Iawaris
Summoner

Postby Whizzard » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Harbinger of Cookies wrote:I hate to sound anally retentive but... I refuse to answer to a poll about characters, where the poster doesn't bother to check and write names of the characters correctly... Practically all of them are wrong, and for the single correct one (Mel), I shudder to think what it'd be if it was her whole name :(

All he got wrong are aposthropes, you can't blame people for getting aposthropes wrong as Kern's names are full of them. A'pos'thro'pe mad'nes's.

And Mel is short for Mel'anarch, so I guess if he had written Quain, Quill and so on you wouldn't have gotten mad, silly you. ^^;
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Wiseman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Nanananananananana Quaintana nanananananananana quaintana nanananananananana quaintana, quaintana quaintana, nanananananana batman!
Wiseman
Nether Spawn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:41 pm

Raziel wrote:During the time skip who do you think would be the best choice in raising Ariel? Try to be honest and realistic in you're selection, and you only get one choice unless you think it should be more than one then ex plane in "other." ^^

[moderator]Names fixed.[/moderator]

Its tough, Kel was a good caretaker but he's got alot on his plate and only so much he can teach her, if she's gonna be the Boss Wolf someday she'll need warrior training and experience, so Quain or Quil might be the best choices for that. She can still ask Kel for advice or learn about sorcery and scholarly things from him, but she really needs to focus on her warrior and military training now I think.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Torrin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:46 pm

I was thinking, maybe the smartest option is take "some of each". The best option for Ariel in terms of her own future is to let Quain continue to think of Ariel as a dutiful heir, but Quain tends to be hands off management unless she's pissed, so as long as Ariel keeps mostly on Quain's good side she'll have plenty of free time to visit Mel, Kel, &tc.

Of her teachers so far, I do think Vaelia would make the best mother. But Vaelia needs to be on the surface, raising Embari children. :)

Mel needs comforting, but she isn't much use to Ariel besides perhaps a weekly check - in conversation until her current situation improves. Personally I doubt Quain will be willing to free Mel from her life of misery except by death or abdication (i.e., if Mel dies, or if Ariel becomes Ilharess then she will free Mel).

But on the whole, I'd try to remain independent. One option not here, as wierd as it is, is Liriel / Diva. Diva was hardly the best mother in Chel, but she probably has more experience and lessons learned under her belt than just about any Sarghress. And as far as most others are concerned, Liriel is just a slave and beneath their notice.
Torrin
Vel'akar

Postby Harbinger of Cookies » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Whizzard wrote:
Harbinger of Cookies wrote:I hate to sound anally retentive but... I refuse to answer to a poll about characters, where the poster doesn't bother to check and write names of the characters correctly... Practically all of them are wrong, and for the single correct one (Mel), I shudder to think what it'd be if it was her whole name :(

All he got wrong are aposthropes, you can't blame people for getting aposthropes wrong as Kern's names are full of them. A'pos'thro'pe mad'nes's.

And Mel is short for Mel'anarch, so I guess if he had written Quain, Quill and so on you wouldn't have gotten mad, silly you. ^^;

Sounds like you saw the fixed version... Be grateful ;)
(Still not perfect, with "Saphille" etc, but at least it's below my pain threshold.)

Back to topic: I chose Quill'yate. Perfect as soon as Ariel is old enough be a raider, so she'll be able to pull her own weight on expeditions. With her, Ariel will get it all: stamina, varied experience including everything from diplomacy to plundering and razing (remember kids, always plunder first, then raze, not the other way around).
Harbinger of Cookies
Summoner

Postby Dalvyserran » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Aunty is the next best thing, considering shit hits the fan before any of the other choices can come to fruition
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:Aunty is the next best thing, considering shit hits the fan before any of the other choices can come to fruition

agreed
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Raziel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:49 pm

I was thinking of putting Diva in there but considering the way she is now there is no way Ariel would listen to her or take her seriously. Hard to do when you're in a weaker child body. ^^
And I apologize about the very bad things that I did in creating this poll. Yeah talking to you Harbinger of Cookies. Didn't know grammar Nazi was a serious medical condition. :P
Last edited by Raziel on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Torrin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Raziel wrote:I was thinking of putting Diva in there but considering the way she is not there is no way Ariel would listen to her or take her seriously. Hard to do when you're in a weaker child body. ^^

Agreed. But Diva might just be clever enough to teach Ariel without Ariel realizing she's being taught.
Torrin
Vel'akar

Next

Return to General Discussion