For general community discussion.

Who will die in chapter 32? -POLL-

Who do you think will die in chapter 32?

Chrys
2%
Diva
No votes
Somebody else(put name in the post)
1%
None of main characters will die
6%
Kiel
7%
Kyo
1%
Lu
11%
Mel
3%
Naal demon
9%
Nau
1%
Quain
9%
Shinae
23%
Sillice
No votes
Snadhya
3%
Zhor
22%

Total votes : 149

Who will die in chapter 32? -POLL-

Postby Kirik » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:06 pm

So after the cover for chapter 32 was revealed I think everyone got some kind of sinister precognition that someone will die in this chapter...

A bit of inappropriate poll but please choose your option(if it's not covered in poll tell the name in your post).
Last edited by Kirik on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirik
Vel'akar

Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Who will die in chapter 32? -POLL-

Postby Whizzard » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Funny, why do you think even a single one of the main cast dies, hmmh? Where's the "None" answer?

Something that would make the main cast sad doesn't necessarily have to be because of someone dieing. *hmmm*
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ra'tatosk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Whizzard wrote:Funny, why do you think even a single one of the main cast dies, hmmh? Where's the "None" answer?

Something that would make the main cast sad doesn't necessarily have to be because of someone dieing. *hmmm*

Ditto, I don't believe anyone of the main cast will die, maybe some grunt or commoner. Considering Naal as dead as a drow making her a golem is just to transform her to another existence.

Hmmm, there is no Ariel alternative either! *ooo* :B

Also, I hereby make a countervote in favor of Zhor - I want him to meet Diva *wee*
Last edited by Ra'tatosk on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:40 pm

I am also not expecting any deaths (plenty of heartbreak without it though). That said, I voted Shinae, because she seems to be the most expendable from a story perspective.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Torrin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:31 pm

From least likely to most, IMHO:

Probably safe:
* Ariel, Faen, Sarnel, Kau, and Shala. We've got post - timeskip art, so we know those characters survive.... right?
* Liriel!Diva: three words: plucky comic releif.
* Mel & Kel: the fact that we see Mel weeping in Kel's arms on the cover means someone she cares about dies, and they live, right... or not?

Mild chance of death:
* Quain. The 5 above are in Sarghress armor. If Quain dies, that's going to be very difficult for Ariel to hold the clan together. But we know the Sarghress survives. Which means one of two things: (1) Quain survives (probably to die post-timeskip). (2) The clan (or at least a major faction) rallies around Ariel out of a desire for revenge.
* Zala, Sarv, & Snads. The Vel'Sharen make too good an antagonist for the Sarghress to kill all three sisters off. But one or two of them could die, and if Snads dies, Kalki takes over the Nids. Also could cause Mel to seek Kel's arms.
* Sillice: if Sil'lice tells all to Chrys &co, her value to the story as a keeper of plot - necessary secret knowledge is completed. Her death and Kau & Shala's survival - and joining Ariel's group could mean that the twins joined Ariel's private zoo along with Faen.
* Shimi: plenty of foreshadowing in previous chapters. I'd give her even odds as to whether she survives politically, dies, or is exiled. But it may not happen until after the timeskip. Drow politics moves so much more slowly than human.

Moderate to severe chance of death:
* Chrys, Shinae: probably only one of them will die. Either Chrys because she ignored Zala, or Shinae, because she chose the wrong side at the wrong moment.
* Kiel, demon!Naal: Kiel has had to be saved from death twice in the last month, lives with someone with the mind of a psycotic child, and is now deliberately facing a glutton demon.... Talk about living dangerously. Of course either could be the series' Jack Sparrow.
* Zhor: while an ensemble darkhorse, he's also a disposable love interest.
* Lu: Back - turned is foreshadowing. Could plausably result in Mel's crying, as Lu was the one guard Mel actually respected. We also don't really understand who Lu really is post - fight.
* Someone we haven't mentioned.
Torrin
Vel'akar

Postby Aerisa » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:54 pm

I don't think anyone will die, though if someone does, it'll be Shinae. There are just too many odds against her.
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Harbinger of Cookies » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Well, Kel'noz comforting Mel instead of Zhor is either a very misleading cover, or a dead give-away on who'll be dead at that point... *hmmm*
Harbinger of Cookies
Summoner

Postby DreadArchon » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:26 pm

I am deeply disappointed that there is no "everyone" option, as well as no "Khaless" option. }:3

I think Quain and Zhor are both likely to die. Also, "Khaless" may really be a valid answer, maybe she pretends to be Lu and uses Mel to get close to Quain and kill her.

I hope Zhor lives, though!
DreadArchon
Demon

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Lunnig149 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Harbinger of Cookies wrote:Well, Kel'noz comforting Mel instead of Zhor is either a very misleading cover, or a dead give-away on who'll be dead at that point... *hmmm*

Didn´t Mel leave Zhor with Snad? *wee* :w ^^;
Lunnig149
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Roses Ablaze » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Chrys' death was fortold by Yakiuse, and I can't see how Shinae can possibly survive once Zala'ess knows of her failure.
Roses Ablaze
Vel'akar

Postby Kirik » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Well we will see, there's no 'none' option cause I expect at least one named person to die in this chapter.
If that won't happen and everyone will survive, even Naal demon in some way, I'll admit I will be very shocked and surprised.
Kirik
Vel'akar

Postby Keikomyau » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:23 am

I have a feeling Shinae will "die". Where it will look like that she died (obscuring the obvious signs of death of course), but in reality she will come back at some point during the timeskip, or a "training from hell" for her failure.

There is a possibility Shinae will end up being on the other side of a fight against Chrys, she could be a permanent enemy, or she may make a heel face turn in the future. She still has plenty of character development if she ends up living. It also gives us another viewpoint character within the Sharen.
Keikomyau
Nether Seed

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Raziel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:36 am

I truly am hoping that no one does die, at least no one none deserving anyway. But encase someone does die my vote went to Zor and Shinae. Ariel, Kiel, and Quintana both have clans to run and with both clans still around after the time skip it's high probability. Keloz, and Mel, are also not likely to die, and since it's hard enough to kill a glutton not to mention Naal already died once then that excludes her. Not likley that Snads or the sisters die just yet, Khal hasn't done anything to warrant death, and Diva, Chrys, Nau, and Sillice, are needed for there secret planing so they are good. In reality the two less likeable in Shinae's case or less important in Zor's case make them the next to go if there are any. *hmmm*
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Harbinger of Cookies » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:40 am

Kirik wrote:Well we will see, there's no 'none' option cause I expect at least one named person to die in this chapter.
If that won't happen and everyone will survive, even Naal demon in some way, I'll admit I will be very shocked and surprised.

Well, what you expect is no excuse when making a poll... To make a good poll, one needs to think what those that don't want to select any of your options do. So at least "nobody" and "somebody else, explain below" options could have been added (and maybe then a few of current names left out). That'd have made the poll result much more informative and interesting.

And to be clear: this is meant as constructive critizism and feedback. Posting this poll was still nice IMO B)
Harbinger of Cookies
Summoner

Postby Dansen » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:42 am

Voted Lu, Naal Demon, and Zhor. It actually breaks my heart to vote for all 3 of them, but we all know its going to eventually happen (well, Naal is technically already dead). :(
Dansen
Tainted

Next

Return to General Discussion