Re: Forum updated!

Postby waffleferret » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:22 am

WOOT! happy aniversery eve!!
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Tiam » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:41 pm

It's just amaxing, how long do net comics live anyway? I've always though they don't survive for long, 10 years sounds ancient. Heh, DT is an honored elder now, a Val among commoners, destined for more challenges and ever growing prestige. Most drow would find this very proper. Cheers Drowtales! *boogie* *boogie* *boogie*
Tiam
Demon

Location: Talos 1, hiding from phantoms and getting paranoid around coffee mugs and office chairs.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Jonarus_Drakus » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:51 pm

THE CAEK IS A LIE!!! (fellow Tei'Kaliaths only will get the inside joke there)

But yeah, looked through the various styles... I'll stick with teh PtP forum style... the newest one is too narrow on my screen...

Happy Anniversary Drowtales! Woo!

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Sigard » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Additionally, I'd like it better though if the Chat forum could be put back on.

Feels like ages ago when it went down.
Sigard
Tainted

Postby konafallen » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Hooray!!
I love the new forum style!
konafallen
Nether Spawn

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Shanna66 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:26 pm

the new front page seems a little more difficult to me but im sure thats just cause its new plus my hatred for changing web designs lol. it looks good
Shanna66
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby The Watcher » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Sigard wrote:Additionally, I'd like it better though if the Chat forum could be put back on.

Feels like ages ago when it went down.

This. We all love talking about DT, but we also could really use a place to engage with our fellow members more directly to get to know each other better.

I heard the original Chat forum was lost because Kern and the administration got angry with the way some of the people there were behaving. Is it really fair to punish all the newcomers with the lack of a Chat forum, for something a bunch of now-banned people did? ^^;
The Watcher
Summoner

Postby Sigard » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:37 pm

The Watcher wrote:I heard the original Chat forum was lost because Kern and the administration got angry with the way some of the people there were behaving. Is it really fair to punish all the newcomers with the lack of a Chat forum, for something a bunch of now-banned people did? ^^;

Not really.

I was there. It began - and Kern could possibly confirm this if you asked - with a misunderstanding. The way I see it at least.

One of the high-lvl posters on the Chat forum was absent for quite a considerably long time and a thread was made in the belief that he had been banned. I'm not going to say names for fairness.

Kern came along and made a thread saying that the guy hadn't been banned and was so mad with those who made the first thread that he decided to dismantle the Chat forum on a specific date. We were given eloquent time to say our things about this and then we left. In fact, everybody who was a high-lvl poster pretty much abandoned DT because they felt betrayed. Okay, we started it and we were stupid, but most of us felt really that Kern had gone overboard with this punishment. He and Kite said though that the Chat forum was getting out of hand and they couldn't maintain it any further.

This happened in 2006. Five years ago and that's probably a long time enough for things to cool down. I haven't heard so much as a beep from the others since I left the other forum which was the goal for the "Exodus".

I wasn't glad about the Chat forum getting locked down myself when it happened, but at the least I kept my mouth shut apart from some of the others. Call me self-centred for that if you wish, but it's the truth.

I don't think that it's justice that a whole group of newcomers here should not be allowed a Chat forum for something that happened way before their time here. *upset*

If the admin is reading this, please hear me out; We were stupid in the first place and you didn't do your side much justice either. On behalf of those who were there, White_wolf, grfu, Kembaru, Raven, that bloke whose avvie I saw as something black and white and my own brother Nyrath, I apologize for the high-lvls' misunderstanding.

Please give back the Chat.
Sigard
Tainted

Postby Meckruco » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:05 pm

<insert the "Happy Birthday" song here>

*tosses confette and pops party favors*

yay for 10 years strong! and ive been part of it since october or september of 2007. yay for everyone!
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Kite » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:07 pm

I've put up a widescreen version of Moonless 2011 (User Control Panel -> Board Preferences), for those of you who like to have text consume your entire viewing space :b
Kite
Mary Garren

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Jonarus_Drakus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Kite wrote:I've put up a widescreen version of Moonless 2011 (User Control Panel -> Board Preferences), for those of you who like to have text consume your entire viewing space :b

*Squeeeee* Thankies Kite! (I got a widescreen monitor for a reason after all) :P

But happy birthday/anniversary/whatever once again!

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Avalon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:20 pm

A quick question: I used to have a Tektek as an Avatar, but now it says that it can't be displayed because "its type has been disallowed". Why (besides its default size a bit too big)? Also, I've looked for an option for resizing it, but I couldn't find one.
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby The Watcher » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:27 pm

For the moment, apparently the forum will only let you use files you upload from your computer as avatars.

Tektek files are really small, so you should be fine for the 48kb limit. Just save the picture to your Pictures folder, maybe resize it in MSPaint if you have to, and then upload it from there.
The Watcher
Summoner

Previous

Return to General Discussion