For general community discussion.

New Web-Design

Re: New Web-Design

Postby Raziel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:14 am

Now we can only use a 125 by 125 max for our ani's, does anyone have any idea how hard it is to find a pic that small? My original one was 125 by 150. *upset*
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Lee'yane » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:16 am

You know I do love how clean and organized the new layouts looking, even though I agree that I miss the Illharesses in the back ground. Though are we going to get a remake of Kiel's intro page as the current one is for the old layout.

What interest me most though is the changes it says will be coming to the subscription parts. Path to Power sounds like it'll be fun, and Relic Hunters sounds like it's going to be real fun. *wee* I mean I love drowtales and would love to support it more but I'm a bit on the poor side and could only see myself getting a subscription for other stories. But making an actual game that will be fun while supporting my favorite comic seems like something I'd save my money for every month. Or try to anyway. *hmmm*
Lee'yane
Summoner

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby abadidea » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:19 am

I can't remember what my avatar size is, but I think I will find out if it's too big in a moment *oops*

edit, wow, I was literally half a kilobyte over the filesize limit, well I managed to get it to half the size without changing image quality, apparently I forgot to use "save for web" in photoshop last time :V

Everyone else hurry and fix your avatars, I have no idea what any of you are actually named, I associate internet identities with their silly faces ^^;
Last edited by abadidea on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
abadidea
Demon

Postby Kalegion » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:27 am

I fixed (and by fixed I mean I went back to my old one) my avatar shortly after the site switched over (forums went first), but I'm looking for a new one.

Also, is it Nuqrah'shadeh or Nuqrah'shareh? I've seen it spelled both ways in the comic...
Kalegion
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby abadidea » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:31 am

Kalegion wrote:Also, is it Nuqrah'shadeh or Nuqrah'shareh? I've seen it spelled both ways in the comic...

"Spelling" is a very flexible concept in Drow culture; they do not use a fixed orthography, but each individual writer develops her own flavor, much like some of the posters here :V

(not meant as a dig at anyone, just an observation)
abadidea
Demon

Postby Raziel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:32 am

The new Kiel+Naal wallpaper is so good, if only I knew how to make it into my new avi. :(
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby abadidea » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:37 am

Raziel wrote:The new Kiel+Naal wallpaper is so good, if only I knew how to make it into my new avi. :(

If you don't have an image editor you can use http://pixlr.com/ without downloading anything.

Upload the picture, use the marquee tool to drag a square around the part you want, select "copy." Open a new blank image and paste, if necessary resize the edges so there's no empty space. Go to Image -> Image Size and change the larger side of the image (if it's not a perfect square) to 125px. Save as PNG or JPG, double-check that the image size is less than 48KB.
abadidea
Demon

Postby Torrin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:48 am

Wow. Now there are appearance options. *eek* Overwhelmed at first, I'm still deciding which I like best....

My favorite part so far is the little "online" banners. XD

*boogie*

Awesome Wallpaper is awesome? Awesome? It. Is. Pure Awesomeness!

*wee*
Torrin
Vel'akar

Postby Raziel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:01 am

abadidea wrote:
Raziel wrote:The new Kiel+Naal wallpaper is so good, if only I knew how to make it into my new avi. :(

If you don't have an image editor you can use http://pixlr.com/ without downloading anything.

Upload the picture, use the marquee tool to drag a square around the part you want, select "copy." Open a new blank image and paste, if necessary resize the edges so there's no empty space. Go to Image -> Image Size and change the larger side of the image (if it's not a perfect square) to 125px. Save as PNG or JPG, double-check that the image size is less than 48KB.

Thank you! XD
Raziel
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Drunken » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:30 am

razorburn645 wrote:Simply awesome, my thanks goes out to the entire Drowtales team!

UUUUU SHINY!!!

Me Likes!

Btw: Happy B-Day Drowtales!
Drunken
Nether Spawn

Postby Ra'tatosk » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:08 am

abadidea wrote:

Thanks - I got it back *wee* but smaller :(
Now every avatar is stored on the site. Earlier it was linked - should this not make it easier (it should not take any space on the site) to have larger avatars?

Othewise - Yes SHINY oh so SHINY - putting on sungrasses :B

Maybe the forum is to shiny o_O
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar

Postby suntiger745 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:27 am

The new design looks very good! Front page is easy to oversee and find what you want.
I do miss the Ill'haress backgrounds a bit, but I have them downloaded as wallpapers so it's a bearable loss. ;)

Forum looks good too. I really like the colour-scheme and I haven't found any bugs yet.

Only thing I would remark on is the navigation buttons for the comic. Might benefit from being a little larger. :)
Otherwise, the new design looks very good, both in design and function.
Kudos to the designers and programmer. ^_^

@Kalegion
Nuqrah'shareh is the correct one.
Nuqrah'shadeh is a typo that that sneaked past the editors. *clears throat embarrassedly*
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Postby James Rye » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:17 am

Good job on the web design. Had to reuse my old avatar but whatever. ^^

Once PtP 2.0 starts i´ll get my new one anyway. :P
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Vilx- » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:42 am

Currently there's just one background for the front page, but that's just because there wasn't any time to make more. :P Kern will make more later, and perhaps he can even be persuaded to put the old ones back online. :)
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Raza » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:55 am

I'm surprised to see Kiel still cares for cake.
Raza
Nether Seed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion