Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

New reader? Introduce yourself here!

How did you find Drowtales?

Advertisement
23%
Search Engine
20%
Word of Mouth
13%
Website Link (please specify)
22%
Saw our Artwork (please specify)
6%
Other (please specify)
15%

Total votes : 605

Re: New reader? Introduce yourself here!

Postby Avalon » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:40 am

MerlosTheMad wrote:Hello, MerlostheMad here. I'm a long time DrowTales lover ever since discovering the website through I beeeeelieve the TopWebcomics website way back in 2004ish. I just remember Ariel's first encounter with Riklaunym (Rikshakar) being one of the latest updates and Ariel herself fighting as a drider in the arena. I've become a bit more social on the internet since those days so I thought, "Hey, why not introduce yourself?" and voila. Right now I'm rereading the archives (for the fourth or fifth time) and am reading through Path to Power for the first time ever. I gotta say I really wish I'd discovered Path back in 2008. I'm sure I would have had a blast pestering An'jhali along with everyone else.

I'm a lazy fanfiction writer (my little pony mostly) and there's not much else to say about myself nor am I terribly interesting, but I'd be happy to answer any questions if it comes up.

Welcome to the madness. I'd say "Watch your step, so you don't step in something crazy" but if you've been reading Drowtales since '04, I assume you don't need that warning. Besides, with a name like MerlostheMad, I think you'll fit right in.

PS. Nice to see a fellow brony here.
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Emrys » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:27 am

Hi All, I'm Emrys from the frozen wastes of Vermont. By day I sell my soul to a godless corporation by sitting in a cubicle for nine hours, banging away at a keyboard with less dexterity than a trained monkey. But on my own time I am an avid reader (or video watcher) of philosophy, history and science. I am also a practicing shaman, which explains my love of playing spell casters in the various RPGs I participate in.

To be honest, I know squat about Drow Tales. I found it by accident a couple of days ago while Youtubing the night away with 80s GLAM. I watched a few short videos, and it caught my attention. All the long time fans will laugh, but I don't know if the stories are readable print, watchable videos, or interactive games. What is the best way to start reading or watching?
Emrys
Tik'tikki

Postby Vestiline » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Hello I'm Vestiline from the burrows of Georgia. I've been lurking on the forums for a while now and have been keeping up with the comic since ch.50...I think??? I am an artist in my off time, although I'm learning IT skills at the moment and work in fast food...

I'm terrible at introductions so hello! =w=
Vestiline
Nether Seed

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi!
I am Ardan, from France.
I only discovered DT last summer, and to be honnest it was first through some Daydream snapchots (I was looking for sexy drow images for RPG purpose). But as soon as I started Moonless Age, I literally devoured the entire 51st chapters in about a week!
Guys, you deserve an award for this remarkable, fun, yet intense and incredibly rich work!

I am of course a great fan of many of the main characters of this story, like Ariel and Faen or Kiel. But, being French, I tend to always side with the underdogs, therefore I have a soft spot for more ambiguous or tragic ones, like Mel, Naal or even Shinae.
Plus I suffer from the "Major Character Death" syndrome (thanks to JRR Martin...), and always dread the disapearance of some of my favorites (and as you understood, there's a lot! I was so sad with Shala and Lulianne death...).

My only regret here : I'd like to have a new chapter of this saga every week ;)

Cheers!
Ardan Styyx
Nether Seed

Postby trackerrrr » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Chris. Been a longtime reader of Drowtales, I think I started reading Drowtales back in mid 2000s sometime after I found it on Newgrounds (I think), I can't remember exactly when. The artwork and story drew me in and kept me reading for a long time but somewhere along the line I stopped several years ago. I remembered this site earlier this week when my oldest daughter was playing an online game as a light elf and it triggered my memory. Just spend all my free time over the last three days rereading the entire story and I'm sucked in again.

I envy all you artists out there. I cannot draw a straight line. My father was an artist but I got none of that talent. For now I will get my fix from Kern and Kite's work and all the guest artists.

:)
trackerrrr
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Metzger » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Welcome new people, I hope you enjoy your stay! Just remember to always follow the rules. Also Drowtales has a Discord group! Feel Free to Join DT there too!
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Previous

Return to Moonless Age