Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

New reader? Introduce yourself here!

How did you find Drowtales?

Advertisement
23%
Search Engine
20%
Word of Mouth
14%
Website Link (please specify)
22%
Saw our Artwork (please specify)
6%
Other (please specify)
15%

Total votes : 600

Re: New reader? Introduce yourself here!

Postby LIMIT_CONCEPT » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Hello all! I'm not exactly a new reader, but since I've forgotten most of the story I might as well be.

I think I was a reader until 2009? 2010? Anyway, I stopped reading when I joined the Army and went places. And when I quit the Army this year, I had forgotten about this wonderful comic completely (until I came across a link by chance on the internet). I vaguely remember reading about Ariel's trip overworld and Chiri killing the human king. It has been very very fun catching up at any rate, and I've decided to make an account to comment on how wonderful this comic is.

Seriously, I sometimes wish I could forget things on purpose, so that I might read this all over again, for the first time. And again. And again.

On a side note, I think you could download the entire comic in a zip file back all those years ago? Has that functionality been removed? Also vaguely remember that there was a "old archive" for the pages before the rewrite.
LIMIT_CONCEPT
Tainted

Postby partner555 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:11 am

Hello, and welcome back. I hope your return is permanent.

And I'm not sure where you can find the old, pre-rewrite pages, unfortunately.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby razer666L » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:09 pm

Hello there, everybody. Just like what LIMIT_CONCEPT said, I'm not really a new reader of Drowtales, but I've almost forgotten most of the story beyond the part where Ariel and the gang's trip to the surface and rescued Faen from the human king who was bathing in elven blood.

I became a reader back in 2008 and stopped reading a year later when I was focusing on my exams and fell in love with Mass Effect. I almost entirely lost interest of this amazing comic due to my real-life struggles and focus on other fandoms besides Mass Effect.

Now that I've come back, I've decided to make an account based on a good suggestion by partner555 from Spacebattles Forums, which both him and I are members, to create a thread about a crossover fanfic idea of this awesome comic with an underrated fantasy RTS game.

Oh BTW, I'm a Syphile fan. Please don't hit me. XD
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby partner555 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:52 am

razer666L wrote:Oh BTW, I'm a Syphile fan. Please don't hit me. XD

Don't worry, Syphile is long dead. I doubt mention of her will bring up flame wars.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby LIMIT_CONCEPT » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:31 am

Haha, hey it could be worse: you could be a Valla'drielle fan like me. XD
LIMIT_CONCEPT
Tainted

Postby HoneyBee » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:34 pm

LIMIT_CONCEPT wrote:

Haha, hey it could be worse: you could be a Valla'drielle fan like me. XD

Hey, nothing's wrong with Valla.
Okay, there was some wrong with her, but she was doing her best.
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Metzger » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:44 pm

partner555 wrote:

Don't worry, Syphile is long dead. I doubt mention of her will bring up flame wars.

old canon Syphile was really tragic actually...y'know with everything she had to suffer through...
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby LIMIT_CONCEPT » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:22 am

HoneyBee wrote:Hey, nothing's wrong with Valla.
Okay, there was some wrong with her, but she was doing her best.

Ha yes, very true. Flawed as she may be, she did her best.
LIMIT_CONCEPT
Tainted

Postby razer666L » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:39 am

Metzger wrote:old canon Syphile was really tragic actually...y'know with everything she had to suffer through...

LIMIT_CONCEPT wrote:Ha yes, very true. Flawed as she may be, she did her best.

At least Syphile will rejoice if she finds out she has fans that love her. ^^

Belated birthday wishing

A belated birthday wishing for a fan and supporter. He love syphile, so here, he got a kiss.
I drew his head too big... but at least this isn't a commission so i don't have to worry much about this mistake.

As I quote by one of the commenters in that page, "Makes me wish Syphile was real, she's so cute and I think if she were offered a chance at a non-abusive relationship, she would take it." :D
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby IronKaiser » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:01 am

Good Evening, I am Iron Kaiser, while this is most definitely not my real name it's a nickname that I have been fond us since my college days. I am a long time reader since I first came across this webcomic back in 2009 while surfing the web for the Drow. I never saw much need to join the forums, as I had many other things to deal with at the time, but I figure now is as good a time as any to join in, especially with how interesting things have gotten as of late. I hope to have many enjoyable discussions with you all.
IronKaiser
Tik'tikki

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Marcellogo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:57 am

Marcellogus, happy to meet you and your fantastic work.
I have always been a fan of everything Drow and Spider related (hence my adesion to Bel'robbean clan, being it the most Drowish of all), i've found you a little late and i've begun a little 'bits and pieces.
I begun with a quick look to artwork and main site but it was just after the discoveries of the other part of the whole Universe, Space Age ( great idea!) and Daydreaming's Queen of Butts ^^; that I get caught into.
I have problems with credit card password , once solved expect a (little) contribution from my part.
Marcellogo
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Wisely » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:29 am

Hey. Started what, two or three days ago? Randomly found the comic by ad. Binged the entire series. No need for sleep. Don't remember a single name in full but I'm 100% hooked. :V
bring back kharla'something
Wisely
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby SFI » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:57 am

Wisely wrote:Hey. Started what, two or three days ago? Randomly found the comic by ad. Binged the entire series. No need for sleep. Don't remember a single name in full but I'm 100% hooked. :V

I think we can safely say that Kharla'ggen is deep-fried XD Welcome to Crispy Drow :>
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Wisely » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:16 am

SFI wrote:
Wisely wrote:Hey. Started what, two or three days ago? Randomly found the comic by ad. Binged the entire series. No need for sleep. Don't remember a single name in full but I'm 100% hooked. :V

I think we can safely say that Kharla'ggen is deep-fried XD Welcome to Crispy Drow :>

She lives on in my heart and the heart of my plushies. :)
Wisely
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Qwalnee » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Happy new year to everyone!

I found Drowtales while browsing TvTropes (why I was on TV Tropes on New Year Eve? do not ask).
There is some D&D webcomic that I never heard about? And its about drow? Lets click, see some badly drawn pics of mindless bloodshed and gore, laugh, and go away.

I clicked, and found awesome artwork and actual story. Now I have to read several thousands pages, in addition read your wiki and learn to recognize dozens of dysfunctional families and hundreds of characters with unpronouncable names to understand what is going on. Thank you very much for wrecking my life! ;)
Qwalnee
Nether Seed

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age