Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

New reader? Introduce yourself here!

How did you find Drowtales?

Advertisement
23%
Search Engine
20%
Word of Mouth
13%
Website Link (please specify)
22%
Saw our Artwork (please specify)
6%
Other (please specify)
15%

Total votes : 605

New reader? Introduce yourself here!

Postby Kite » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:57 pm

Welcome to Drowtales!

This thread is for you, the new reader to introduce yourself, and tell us how you found Drowtales!

Afterwords, comment on our comics! Just look for the most recent Drowtales comic thread to join the discussion. If you have other questions, go to the Questions and World Setting forum and discuss with other readers there. :)
Last edited by Kite on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kite
Mary Garren

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Black Hell » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:34 am

Hi, my name is Black Hell, I'm from that tiny country on the most southwest place of Europe.

My real name is Mauro, which a Italian name, Meaning Moor and Shield. I am currently 15 years old, and i like M&M's. :3
I hate when people won't listen to me and ignore what i say, specialy on Real Life. (On internet i don't bother.) And when people have this image of me last year and as much i change, they still bash and attack me couse of whatever i did in the past.

I found Drowtales by browsing Newsground, and after watching a flash animation about how "smoke kills" I was going to close the window, when i saw something about a anime-like flash animation.
I opened it, just to be the last one, and saw a episode of Pink Limonade, where this girl burped. (Was it Pink Limonade? Yup. Pepper was in there. Pepper reminds me of a girl that has some affection for snipers...)

In the end of it, his site was indicated, so i (Already amused and curios.) went to it.
After browsing a bit, i think i saw a Drowtales animation and saw it. (Since i can't remember, this might have happened as well: I saw the link to the Menssage Board, and it got me to here) Well, it amused me (Or not) and i went to the site.

I read the first chapter (The renewed one) and then the fourth, and went on to the 7th chapter (i believe) until i discovered the forum.

And after some misunderstandments (Like posting a "Hi!" thread in the "World setting Forum") I finaly got here.

Couldn't find a better way to spend my time and start being anti-social. *beer*

(This is to compensate the bad start. Sorry Kern (IF you ever read this post. Wich you won't, i bet.) and sgt. Granite.)
Last edited by Black Hell on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Hell
Vel'akar

Postby Kite » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:02 am

Just a few lines about comic interests and how you encountered the site would have been fine. :P Going into name and age is going a bit too personal in details I think :-P

Since when were you a new reader Black Hell? XD
Kite
Mary Garren

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby grfu » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:24 am

You know, it was actually pretty funny how I found this site. One of the guys in my dorm and I were browsing Newgrounds, and we found the 4th birthday animation with Chiri, Shan, and Kyo. I found it most amusing so I looked it up on my own machine. I followed the link and ended up here.

btw, I'm hardly a new reader. been coming round here for well over a year and going strong.
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Pinhead » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:47 am

A little over a month since I joined, but i found this website through an ad on the webcomic Rob and Elliot. So pretty much pure accident, since it was only up for a week. The picture of Ariel on it was so cool I couldn't resist.
Pinhead
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Frost Indri » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:01 am

I found this comic while bored and web-trawling for comics when in college. It wasn't very good. I went away. Wandered back through later after being annoyed by the ads. I was really bored, so I figured why not? Couldn't be any worse than that Barbarian comic. It had gotten a lot better. Been on the forums for over a year now...

Here's to Kern's persistance and hard work.
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Alric » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:22 am

I found DT about 3 years ago when i saw an ad for it on Mac Hall- Ian even mentioned it on the front page- as luck would have it, I was reading Salvatore's books then, so I decided to give DT a shot. Initially I saw the banner and was unsure whether or not I would like it (it was the one that had a smiling Ariel holding a very large scythe) I doubted a web-comic that apparently was focused on a young girl would have the testosterone content that I preferred (although the fact that she was carrying a weapon and the comic featured drow in it gave me hope for wanton destruction and slayings in the comic). Though I generally prefer the heavy on ass-kicking "Conan" style fantasy stories, I still was enraptured by DT and it's "realistic" portrayal of drow. I was amazed- definately one of the best comics on the internet story and art wise, even in 2003 when I found it, and even more so today. I joined the forums about a year and a half ago to partake in a discussion of military tactics and weaponry.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Starlitdragon » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:33 am

Err, I'm not a new reader. I hope I don't get things thrown at me (such as empty forum accounts). But I shall post here so I will never make this sort of post again.

I found Drowtales in the winter of 2004. I stuck around, and decided I liked the way Kern drew and coloured eyes. In fact, I was fascinated by it. I had never encountered a webcomic that updated more than once a month, as well. That too was fascinating. So I stayed, and Drowtales became something like a drug. Which was a bit odd, because I knew absolutely nothing about any sort of drow, before I came. Oh, and Drowtales inspired me to start drawing manga-style people and try doing comic pages. Before that, I only drew extremely embarassing dragons, birds, and furries.

Since I started in Chapter 9, I thought Chrys'tel was the main character for a bit. First impressions, y'know? XD This was the first page I remember reading:

http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.ph ... n=20040114
Starlitdragon
baneling

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Cannonball » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:35 am

i found DT in google, looking for info on drows. then my computer crashed and it took me some time to get the link back.
Cannonball
Nether Seed

Postby Black Hell » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:36 pm

Kite wrote:Just a few lines about comic interests and how you encountered the site would have been fine. :P Going into name and age is going a bit too personal in details I think :-P

Since when were you a new reader Black Hell? XD

I figured "why not?".
I've been personal on the chat, so the diference is none. >:3
Besides... This is my third home. (I spend more time with you then with anybody else. Makes me anti-social, but hell, i like DT forum like i never liked any other site.) Oh, make it the fourth. i just found a new (And hidden. :3 ) villain HQ. >:3

I'm not?
:S ?
But somebody said i was the Eternal Newbie of the forum. :3 (I like that tittle anyway.)

Hehe, joking aside, i made that post to compensate the bad start. Makes me sleep better at night and have less shivers when i randomly remember it. :)

Anyway...
>:3 >:3 >:3 >:3 :v oooooooooooo
Waka waka waka waka waka.

I'll stop the explenations and keep the thread clean for the newcomers... ...Right...
... About...
... Now!
Black Hell
Vel'akar

Postby Ravinous » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:18 pm

I was looking for a forum to RP at after mine was shutdown due to some odd circumstances. None the less I stayed for a month till I found out about the comic, read it, enjoyed it, and well... here I am, 10K+ post, and most of it in chat. I also welcome new people in chat with fruit. :3 (< I love this new emoticon! =D and this one too > :v )
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Nuc'Sol Beldrobbaen » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:21 pm

Like most of the people that have posted thus far I am not a new reader. I found this site when I was looking at the top movies and games in Newgrounds and saw the weekly #1 was one of the birthday movies... cant remember which. since then i have been attached to this site.
Nuc'Sol Beldrobbaen
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Alric » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:57 pm

This was the latest page when I first found DT:
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.ph ... n=20030507
Posted on May 7, 2003...sure feels like a long time :P.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Wex » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:59 pm

Way back in 2004 I had been bored and was looking up "drow" in google to see what all the fuss was about in fantasy fiction. This was the first link that came up. Glad I clicked it.
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."

-- Rincewind
Wex
Summoner

Postby Tainted_Hart » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:26 pm

ummmmmmmm... *sweatdrop* how do you put up an avatar?
Tainted_Hart
Nether Spawn

Next

Return to Moonless Age