Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Moonless age : Chapter 12 : page 49: Kharla bath time

Postby Nuc'Sol Beldrobbaen » Mon May 01, 2006 8:47 pm

starburst98 wrote:evil= satan

I dont believe satan is evil i just think he set his sights too high when he decided he didn't want to be a choir director anymore...
Nuc'Sol Beldrobbaen
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Unmortem » Mon May 01, 2006 8:54 pm

"And all at once; the venom of darkness ran it's course and people no longer feared the serpents of the Netherworld."

Great page, and I must agree with the growing Baliir fan base that he gets cooler and cooler with passing pages. But I'm really sad because I know he's going to die soon, with or without the the Kyorl's or the brewing storm.
Unmortem
Tainted

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Lightice » Mon May 01, 2006 9:09 pm

Religion is an inadequate argument in any philosophical conversation - even the most religous philosophers have known this. Philosophy structures around logic and questioning, whereas religion by definition requires faith. So please, even if you have strong religous beliefs about the nature of good and evil, do understand that they don't apply for a debate, if you are not capable of explaining them outside the religion's viewpoint.

Nuc'Sol Beldrobbaen wrote:I dont believe satan is evil i just think he set his sights too high when he decided he didn't want to be a choir director anymore...

Satan is a concept that you define in the way suitable for your own worldview. You see whatever you want to see in it. The same applies for Jesus - he was most likely a real person, but it is all but certain that he only beared slight resemblance to the idealizations made of him by the later generations. But this is getting far into sidetracks - if you have to, please comment to this in PM.
Hei! Aa-shanta 'nygh!
Lightice
Demon

Postby TigerHawk » Mon May 01, 2006 10:16 pm

Donno if anybody pointed it out, but you wrote "child of mind." Shouldn't it be "She has a mind of a child" ?
TigerHawk
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby suntiger745 » Mon May 01, 2006 10:25 pm

Perhaps on a gramatical level, but I think it's a more poetic description (another of Baliir's hidden talents? ;)) instead of a completely accurate one.

"She is a child of mind, her thoughts running along those more uncopmplicated paths, yet tormented by an insanity visited upon her by one who would claim herself the child's rescuer."

Ssin'urn, Lightice, I'm moving our debate to chat, lest we bring things off topic more than we alreay have. ;)
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Solufien » Tue May 02, 2006 12:11 am

*is shocked at the debate he sparked, and curses himself for missing out on it*
Last edited by Solufien on Tue May 02, 2006 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solufien
Demon

Postby Starlitdragon » Tue May 02, 2006 1:11 am

First off, I'm liking the blood textures and grit we've been seeing the last few pages, they really add to the character colouring. I think being beaten up improved Ron'nae mounds. He actually looks better with his shoulders turned into hamburger.

Kharla is really shiny, hehe. I like the mask designs for the Vloz'ress. I -do- hope we get to see Baliir's face before he dies of something inconvenient like excessive bleeding. He has such good fan potential. XD
Starlitdragon
baneling

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Octavian » Tue May 02, 2006 5:40 am

I will say one word. Cute!

Now that I got that little gush out of the way It was an interesting way to show Kharla's none public face and a wonderful peek into how many Volress Clan members think. Brovo.

On another note did I mention how I loved the cuteness of Kharla with her rubber ducky of doom.
Octavian
Nether Seed

Postby Le_Mirage » Tue May 02, 2006 11:54 am

:cry: sigh...

The Vloz'ress are rapidly shifting from the mad/evil/grimy clan there were suppose to be to the clever/enlightened/ridicoulous clan they appear to be now...

The berserker that talk about philosopy and Kharla with the duck in the bath are really too much for my taste.

I like characters that are neither good or evil. So i liked the berserker refusing to kill it's enemies, even if he was suppose to be evilly tainted and merciless. But hear him talk about politics and hear that Kharla "would not kill a fly" after all what we have seen and read about her...

I suppose sometimes evil characters are just good as evil characters.
Le_Mirage
Nether Spawn

Postby InsaneNoodlyGuy » Tue May 02, 2006 1:17 pm

Le_Mirage wrote::cry: sigh...

The Vloz'ress are rapidly shifting from the mad/evil/grimy clan there were suppose to be to the clever/enlightened/ridicoulous clan they appear to be now...

The berserker that talk about philosopy and Kharla with the duck in the bath are really too much for my taste.

I like characters that are neither good or evil. So i liked the berserker refusing to kill it's enemies, even if he was suppose to be evilly tainted and merciless. But hear him talk about politics and hear that Kharla "would not kill a fly" after all what we have seen and read about her...

The whole theme of drowtales has always been about subjective views of good and evil.

Also: Kharla's rear is ghetto butt-tastic.
InsaneNoodlyGuy

Postby s'larn'eth » Tue May 02, 2006 3:28 pm

philosophy aside i have three words for this page

bubble and squeek

for those of you who don't get the joke bubble and squeek is a british food, and like kharla is quite yummy
unseelie sidhe, dragon, vampire
lord of duct tape
name somthing it can't be used for

since i cant PM dont ask me to
s'larn'eth
Summoner

Location: a sub-spatial parasite unverse leaching over north england

Postby Nacht » Tue May 02, 2006 4:21 pm

I thought Bubble and Sqeak were gerbils?? *sweatdrop*
Nacht
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Kear'Naun » Tue May 02, 2006 4:37 pm

Just have to say something stupid, so here goes ...

<stupid>
You know, all those other Illhareses and various powermongers are just jelous because the rubber ducky doesn't talk to them ...
</stupid>

Errr, yes that was it. O nan entirly unrelated node that page made me look up the "Wanna play dolly?" comission on Kerns Deviant site. Anyone now think she might have said yes? :lol:
Kear'Naun
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Le_Mirage » Tue May 02, 2006 6:27 pm

InsaneNoodlyGuy wrote:
Le_Mirage wrote::cry: sigh...

The whole theme of drowtales has always been about subjective views of good and evil.

Also: Kharla's rear is ghetto butt-tastic.

Ok, but view Kharla in the bath with the duck when she was suppose to kill people like flies, control them like puppets and transform them in dolls and to play with them...i like seeing Darth Vader playing with a playstation.
Le_Mirage
Nether Spawn

Postby Mikel » Tue May 02, 2006 7:18 pm

Le_Mirage wrote:I like seeing Darth Vader playing with a playstation.

Darth Vader: God dammit Master, your cheating!
Darth Sidius: Nuh uh, using Terrel Owens for touchdown passes in Madden is totally fair!
*Darth Sidius gets another touchdown using Terrel Owens*
Darth Varder: That's it! I'm going home to my mommy!
Darth Sidius: Your mother's dead remember?
Darth Vader: .....WAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

Hehe, it's fun to dream. :wink:
Mikel
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age