Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

chapter 56 : page 1

chapter 56 : page 1

Postby Kern » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:45 am

The city is not as they remember. No one is in sight, there are no lights and more worrisome of all; the street is blocked with a big a warning.
Which mean Kiel won't listen and go past it because danger is exciting and somehow she'll survive whatever big troubles will follow. *heehee*
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: chapter 56 : page 1

Postby almondbiscuit » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:49 am

Oof, I'm betting they're about to find a quarantine zone, what with Snads having the braineater flower on the cover.
almondbiscuit
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:03 am

There might be a lot of demons on the other side too.

Whatever the case, Chel, one of the wonders of the Underworld, is now a tarnished beauty.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby MagicSkyshark » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:53 am

Chelcoon City.
; )
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Marcellogo » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:14 am

Sorry, butI have to give a -1 there for the use of the term "Supervillain".
For how advanced Drow can be I didn't think they have any equivalent of DC or Marvel.
Marcellogo
Summoner

Postby Moric » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Marcellogo wrote:Sorry, butI have to give a -1 there for the use of the term "Supervillain".
For how advanced Drow can be I didn't think they have any equivalent of DC or Marvel.

Um, part of Kiel's whole shtick is that she is heavily influenced by extraplanar ideas and words. This is part of spending way too much time exploring alien intelligences.

Here's another example, except gaming related, instead of comics:
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=8878
Moric
Demon

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:20 pm

MagicSkyshark wrote:Chelcoon City.
; )

Pretty much

I wonder just how many people are still alive
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:21 pm

...Can she really not know anything? I mean, they have to go out for food and other supplies sometime don't they?
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby vlashrod » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:45 pm

Closed door = Monster to fight = Loot to claim

Kiel is a DnD character
vlashrod
Demon

Clan: Sharen

Postby Moric » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:...Can she really not know anything? I mean, they have to go out for food and other supplies sometime don't they?

Well, less than a dozen people subsisting on the stores meant for hundreds to last for months up to a year, I'd say that they could weather out quite a bit of turmoil.
Moric
Demon

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:28 pm

I dunno...blocking a street with rubble, marking it with big gaudy red warning signs, that doesn't sound like Modus Operandi of the Nidraa'chal (and rubble woudn't stop a demon anyway). Seems more Sarghress than anything else... B)
Moric wrote:
Marcellogo wrote:Sorry, butI have to give a -1 there for the use of the term "Supervillain".
Um, part of Kiel's whole shtick is that she is heavily influenced by extraplanar ideas and words. This is part of spending way too much time exploring alien intelligences.

Here's another example, except gaming related, instead of comics:
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=8878
Hey, that dialogue with Khaless, where she says, "I come from beyond the Veil, where one of your kind devoured the entire world and remade it in her image. What is so different, other than that our origins are reversed". Ignore the part where she's comparing herself to the goddess Sharess (as she was EATEN BY LAELE, doesn't that truly make Khaless the Demon God that Discordia was a shard of, and Laele the Demon God that Ni'bai and her team summoned? :V ). Instead, the "one of your kind" referring to Kiel...perhaps she merely means she's a Drow, but it's still pretty neat that Kiel is being compared to Sharess 8)
vlashrod wrote:Closed door = Monster to fight = Loot to claim

Kiel is a DnD character
Yes, but the question remains: since Kern is the DM as well as Kiel's player, does that make her an NPC? Or is Kern playing Kiel as a PC? Because there's a difference, especially in motivation ;)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby Moric » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:I dunno...blocking a street with rubble, marking it with big gaudy red warning signs, that doesn't sound like Modus Operandi of the Nidraa'chal (and rubble woudn't stop a demon anyway). Seems more Sarghress than anything else... B)

Nah. Sarghress stone fortifications would be a smooth wall (if time permitted) or a single uplifted rock wall (in haste) due to ubiquitous and skilled use of stone foci.

These are boulders. That suggests either manual labor or inexpertly collapsing a nearby building. That suggests ignorant commoners or even goblinoids.

Honestly, the writing reminded me of this:

Or the quarantine warnings in Char...
Moric
Demon

Return to Moonless Age