Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 55 : page 30

Chapter 55 : page 30

Postby Kern » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:29 am

Diva fear there is only one hope for her and thats through her own death.
In longest wait, former empress Diva'ratrika killed herself and moved to the host of a slave to escape her prison. Basicly what demons do all the time in the story except ether instead of nether. It's additive instead of substractive. Local instead of foreign. Blue instead of red. Etc etc etc. You get the meaning. Now that's she's afraid of dying she think she may need to do the same again. And at the same time, getting rid of protective a body by taking it over. Its very selfish but then its not like the body is doing anything. The "goddess" hasn't returned and never will.
Chiri would probably say "Yeah she'll return" but the angry fluff isn,t there to protest.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 55 : page 30

Postby Tempestfury » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:36 am

Uh oooooh... I get a baaaaaad feeling about this. Please don't go through with it Diva, please!
Tempestfury
Nether Spawn

Postby Evident-Disaster » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:37 am

Welp, that's gonna happen.
Evident-Disaster
Tainted

Postby Moric » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:20 am

Well that escalated quickly.

So, since Diva took over the puny aura of Ragini, and was thus a puny caster....

...How old was Sharess when she died? One, ten, fifty thousand years!? Talk about upgrading.

Also, is there a way for Diva to access the meat-memory while taking over? Interesting possibilities...
Moric
Demon

Postby HidingGoblin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:33 am

In all honesty it's not as if the body itself is doing any good in its current state. Even if Sharess could or did return, I'm not certain her old body would be able to house what she's become since leaving it behind.

If anything, preserving it like this all this time feels less like an act of reverence from a friend and more like the unhealthy obsession of a deranged taxidermist. Let it be used by someone or allow it to decompose.
HidingGoblin
Summoner

Location: Somewhere I can pretend to know anything about anything
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Dalvyserran » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:44 am

Diva going into Sharess' corpse id a masdive boon. Diva has the knowledge to use arts, amd now she will have a body with the power to use said arts to their full extent.

The downside is.... Sharess is probably 2000 years old for all we know. With needing so much mana, being in Chel at this point could kill her eventually
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Smokehammer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:00 am

Come on Diva do it.

Rescue Ariel and Co. Then for the love of all that is holy, drop kick Zala in the crotch and let Silly strap Snadhya to an elevator*. Move everyone to the surface and live knee deep in turtle-tots and angry Chiries. You deserve it.

*seriously, somebody shouldve used one of those on Quain
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Moric » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 am

Dalvyserran wrote:Diva going into Sharess' corpse id a masdive boon. Diva has the knowledge to use arts, amd now she will have a body with the power to use said arts to their full extent.

The downside is.... Sharess is probably 2000 years old for all we know. With needing so much mana, being in Chel at this point could kill her eventually

She could also be ten times that.

Chel has, what, 700,000 drow living there by now, down from 1,000,000? That would certainly be more than enough considering that truly ancient queens travelled with mere armies to stay alive (5,000-20,000?)

Of course, it could be a population/area, but even then, Chel is pretty compact....
Moric
Demon

Postby Moric » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:29 am

Smokehammer wrote:*seriously, somebody shouldve used one of those on Quain

It has been. It ended in a draw.
Moric
Demon

Postby Zorlond » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:23 pm

Diva Is bleeding, people are dead, and plans have gone to hell...

… and somehow I can't stop thinking about her coming back with several issues of PlayDrow. "It's what I found under your bed..."
Zorlond
Vel'akar

Postby Maya likes Dark Fantasy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:04 pm

Kern wrote:Diva fear there is only one hope for her and thats through her own death.
In longest wait, former empress Diva'ratrika killed herself and moved to the host of a slave to escape her prison. Basicly what demons do all the time in the story except ether instead of nether. It's additive instead of substractive. Local instead of foreign. Blue instead of red. Etc etc etc. You get the meaning. Now that's she's afraid of dying she think she may need to do the same again. And at the same time, getting rid of protective a body by taking it over. Its very selfish but then its not like the body is doing anything. The "goddess" hasn't returned and never will.
Chiri would probably say "Yeah she'll return" but the angry fluff isn,t there to protest.

Old habits die hard.....At least she is trying to get over her own Dark Elf Nob sh#t and provide some guidance for the younger generation and own up to past failures in some way, unlike more than one of her childhood friends that still live....This might be a net gain.
Maya likes Dark Fantasy
Summoner

Postby OnlyHazeRemains » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:49 pm

Blame me for it but all i can think when reading todays page is

"holy shit the fabled sharess tits really are the stuff of legends"
OnlyHazeRemains
Summoner

Location: “My name is Lulianne Val’Dutan’vir. You’ve killed my clan. Prepare to die.”
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby evilmike » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:55 pm

o_O

Yeah, this ain't good.
evilmike
Summoner

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:36 pm

Wellp, that answers the question about Diva'ratrika's spell book, and what Diva intends to do with Sharess' body B)
Smokehammer wrote:Rescue Ariel and Co. Then for the love of all that is holy, drop kick Zala in the crotch and let Silly strap Snadhya to an elevator*. Move everyone to the surface and live knee deep in turtle-tots and angry Chiries. You deserve it.

* And leave Snadhya strapped to the uncleaned elevator, push the UP button, break off the control stalk and jump off. The last Drow to leave Chel blow all the exits shut, reinforcing the debris with rebar and bits of Chel geode so she can't clear them even if she manages to get loose :P

Oh yeah, and definitely sabotage the massive summoning circle (take ALL the gems), you don't wanna leave her access to that thing :V
Zorlond wrote:Diva Is bleeding, people are dead, and plans have gone to hell...

… and somehow I can't stop thinking about her coming back with several issues of PlayDrow. "It's what I found under your bed..."

XD That wouldn't surprise me in the least...

Diva: "Oh thanks. Now a little privacy? Shoo, shoo." :3
OnlyHazeRemains wrote:Blame me for it but all i can think when reading todays page is

"holy shit the fabled sharess tits really are the stuff of legends"

Drowtales: Return of the Tits *lol*
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby Aurawyn » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:50 pm

I always had the suspicion that Diva would end up in Sharess' Body.

It makes sense.. Given that there is no mind in the body there would, in theory, be no issues with integration like there was with Ragini..

Added Bonus of being in a "Godess' body"..Can't hurt
Aurawyn
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Next

Return to Moonless Age