Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

chapter 55 : Page 26

Re: chapter 55 : Page 26

Postby sunhawk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:40 am

Anyone else see a face following Angry eyes down the stairs?
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Rya » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:33 am

Somewhere in Chel Van Halen starts playing

Ah, might as well jump
Jump!
Might as well jump
Go ahead an' jump
Rya
Nether Seed

Postby Marcellogo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:16 pm

sunhawk wrote:Anyone else see a face following Angry eyes down the stairs?

Great find! So Sillice is in touch with the Tower's environment?
Marcellogo
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Seraphiel » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:28 pm

Funny thing about immortals..

Once they lose their heads, they're not.

Seraphiel
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby PSadlon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:53 am

Seraphiel wrote:Funny thing about immortals..

Once they lose their heads, they're not.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 0-1050.jpg
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby Hecatonchire » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:If Diva dies like this, I am gonna feel very disappointed... she seemed to be such an important character and to have so much potential, and all she will amount will be "that girl who helped Chrystel meet her aunt Sillice by picking a lock..."

Damn, if she had remained as Liriel, she might have followed Ariel to Machike and have impacted the story more...

Same...I really don't feel her story arc is complete, like her just expiring off to the side would be a huge letdown. I've had favorite characters die in fiction with whimpers rather than a bang (Several in the Black Company and Malazan series') but even most of them had completed the objective they were meant to be in the story for. Maybe Diva had basically run her course according to Kern's vision, but would be incomplete at least from my perspective so far.
Hecatonchire
Nether Seed

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Moric » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:01 am

Hecatonchire wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:If Diva dies like this, I am gonna feel very disappointed... she seemed to be such an important character and to have so much potential, and all she will amount will be "that girl who helped Chrystel meet her aunt Sillice by picking a lock..."

Damn, if she had remained as Liriel, she might have followed Ariel to Machike and have impacted the story more...

Same...I really don't feel her story arc is complete, like her just expiring off to the side would be a huge letdown. I've had favorite characters die in fiction with whimpers rather than a bang (Several in the Black Company and Malazan series') but even most of them had completed the objective they were meant to be in the story for. Maybe Diva had basically run her course according to Kern's vision, but would be incomplete at least from my perspective so far.

I don't like her, as she's a textbook example of squandered opportunities. Even so, she is of enormous strategic potential, and no small part in the overall story. Killing her off as exposition is a pretty cheap death for such an outsized character.

I won't eulogize Diva quite yet. If there was enough blood in her to be tortured, she's got some time. With a gut wound, infection would normally be the worst part of the situation, and yet drow don't suffer from normal infections.
Moric
Demon

Postby Moric » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 am

Diva: "You are not getting away."

[Angry Eyes jumps to her death, resulting in an unexpected thud.]
Ninth Tower: "The safety barrier has been activated. Please wait for the floater to return. Thank you."
Angry Eyes: "What the..."
Sil'lice: "I'm not done with you."
Moric
Demon

Previous

Return to Moonless Age