Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

chapter 55 : Page 26

chapter 55 : Page 26

Postby Kern » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:46 pm

The assassin run only to find the elevator is long gone. She cannot escape.
Or she'll face a 300 meme in a moment which will let her escape, in a way. I mean, a well shape hole, her buttock being accessible to a foot. She's one of the immortals...
more seriously, the little golem is what sent the elevator down. Somehow Diva must have learned how to control them over the years.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: chapter 55 : Page 26

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:07 pm

Cawed it 8P
"Now FLAP YOUR ARMS! FASTER FASTER FASTER! NOW JUMP!" :D (Monty Python's Flying Circus "Flying Lessons" reference)

I hope ol' Evil Eyes takes a dive, yelling "I'M IMMORTAAAAAaaaaalllll..." and the golem says "You're a looney." *lol* (another Python ref)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Now is not the time to name your favorite song, assassin.

Plus, if you don't hide your phylactery better, it is less immortality and more a slightly delayed death.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby The14th » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:12 pm

I know that they see Diva as a servant, but are they seriously not gonna help her?
The14th
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby sunhawk » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:41 pm

And Scary Eyes will shatter into a million pieces after jumping.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Ganurath » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Kiel: "Anybody else notice that the entire surface of the elevator is the color of friends?"
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby PSadlon » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Even immortals may die under the right circumstances.

Ganurath wrote:Kiel: "Anybody else notice that the entire surface of the elevator is the color of friends?"

I do now.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:00 pm

If Diva dies like this, I am gonna feel very disappointed... she seemed to be such an important character and to have so much potential, and all she will amount will be "that girl who helped Chrystel meet her aunt Sillice by picking a lock..."

Damn, if she had remained as Liriel, she might have followed Ariel to Machike and have impacted the story more...
Last edited by Doom Chinchilla on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Whizzard » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:47 pm

If thou art immortal, then why dost thou run away like a wee chicken?

Because there are worse fates than death, of course.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Mizu » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Jump bitch jump
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby katrover » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:24 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:If Diva dies like this, I am gonna feel very disappointed... she seemed to be such an important character and to have so much potential, and all she will amount will be "that girl who helped Chrystel met her aunt Sillice by picking a lock..."

Damn, if she had remained as Liriel, she might have followed Ariel to Machike and have impacted the story more...

I agree 100%. I'd be pissed if Diva - and the whole "Sharess's Legacy" subplot - ends like this.
katrover
Tainted

Postby Moric » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:50 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:Now is not the time to name your favorite song, assassin.

Plus, if you don't hide your phylactery better, it is less immortality and more a slightly delayed death.

Crystals don't handle impact, so... Regardless, I think that the "Angry Eyes" may be on life #1. The reassurance of return is more ... theoretical ... this time around.

I've been thinking about the magi-physics of this, and here are my theories:

1. Given that she is perhaps the greatest summoner in power and knowledge alive, Snadhya'rune has figured out how to create an "integral summon" much like Sharess and Diva'ratrika did. Her twist is that: First, the spell is contingent upon death. Second, that the spell transfers the aura to a focus stone within an empty body. Totally Cylon, completely over-powered, and I can see this being what happened to Snadhya'rune after taking a rock to the head. Also, power intensive and risky.

2. More likely than Theory #1, is that fully vested Nids touch their aurae [auras?] to stones on a regular basis, and Snads can make a bio-summon clone, based upon the imprint left upon the focus. Of course, the original Nid is dead for real - the "resurrected" Nid is simply a Snadhya-crafted caricature of the deceased. This is even more delicious, as her minions aren't actually immortal, but die fanatically for fraudulent assurances. Mwahaha! }:3
Moric
Demon

Postby Marcellogo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:46 pm

I see the sign indicating a telephatical communication on Sil'lice, so I think that she and Diva are in contact.
Marcellogo
Summoner

Postby 'Lement » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:06 am

I now realize a soul-capturing crystal attached to the body of someone capable of turning into a demonic monster at their lowest point isn't, perhaps, the best term to use discussing this.

Because soul gem is better.

It's a shame their Madoka's sacrifice is so thoroughly trampled on now.
katrover wrote:I agree 100%. I'd be pissed if Diva - and the whole "Sharess's Legacy" subplot - ends like this.

Eh, what remains to happen in that subplot?

Summoning Sharess back as demon is no go; we already had the Puppeteer event. (And as far as smarter demonics go, I was disappointed to see the end of Khaless, and her potential to be the actual power behind the throne. The successor doesn't seem nearly so interesting.)
Using Sharesss as religious weapon is something already tried with fake Diva'trikas, though it might provide bit of food with the Kyorls.
Taking advantage of the body of Sharess might maybe work, but Snadhya'rune already overwhelmed Nishi'kanta in raw firepower.

Perhaps Diva'trika taking over Sha'shana's role as demon summoner would make for interesting pavement in Chel. Not enough time remaining to learn anything useful beyond giving Sil'lice a reason to kill her too, though.
Doom Chinchilla wrote:If Diva dies like this, I am gonna feel very disappointed... she seemed to be such an important character and to have so much potential, and all she will amount will be "that girl who helped Chrystel meet her aunt Sillice by picking a lock..."

Eh.

She had potential when emerging from Liriel, around chapter 22 - back in 2010, before Mayan calendar cycle. Plotting to get back to high society, power, good graces...As well as having significant role as another person in several chapters before.

By chapter 33 in 2011, she had accomplished fraction of what Vaelia managed in that time, despite racial advantage, millennia of knowledge and remaining close to Ariel. Not much more than what Sha'shana managed in that time to our knowledge.

In the past eight years, and even in the eight before that, the role she served in drowtales was providing perspective...exposition...and even on this very page, symbol of old generation handing reins to the new. "The rest is up to you, daughter."

Could Diva'trika possess the body of her great-aunt behind her? Probably.
Would she? "It was not worth it." - Diva'trika to Sha'shana, on possessing Ragini
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Moric » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:01 am

Sharess as a religious tool would be helpful, but nothing to write home about.

...What if Snadhya'rune could access Sharess's memories and knowledge simply by inserting a stone? She could summon the most profound mana arts of the Moons Age, and no will to stop or hold any of it back.
Moric
Demon

Next

Return to Moonless Age