Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 55 : page 18

Re: Chapter 55 : page 18

Postby Thrair » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:54 am

Just gonna leave this here...

Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Postby sunhawk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:29 am

Snad'hyarune cementing her immortal and absolute rule as the Goddess Empress reborn. It does sound like something she would do.

Though why not just have the Jaals make her a duplicate?

The only people that would have actually known Sharess. Would be Diva, Ash, and that one really old Beld cameo.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Smokehammer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 am

Junglefowl26 wrote: They probably aren't expecting any serious opposition, especially with a big demon stomping around front.
Surely Snadhya knows that Sillice and her kin are still there. Unless its also widely known that Sil has had an epiphany and taken up gardening & tiddly winks you'd think they'd expect all hell to rain down upon them with glee.

More importantly, why is Diva surprised at Snadhya's followers knowing Sharess' body lies within the ninth tower? Snad was Ortho's defacto second in command fit to succeed not only her but Sha'sana as well. Diva also knew that Sha'sana had taught and/or was performing experiments in demonology WITH Snadhya, which was to presumably protect against tainting AND fulfill Sha's goal of bringing Sharess back to life. She surely knew that for centuries Snad was Sha's understudy in presumably every way. If not, wow. Diva's reached a whole new level of clueless. Or, Snad IS actually pretending to be dead -and thus Diva is assuming that the Nidraa were not made privy to such information because that would be too trusting of Snad?

As to what Snadhya wants with Sharess' body. Hmm. It could be as simple as a soul transfer, but Snads about as predictable as a hedgehog with its fur on backwards. Perhaps Manyfaces told her that her great aunty was still alive and eating her friends and so, Snad's goal IS to bring back Sharess, but in some sort of weird apocalyptic way because she knows its totally bad news. Or maybe she's crazy enough to believe she can create a summon out of her? That would be one hell of a weapon, and she can "bind" people into living summons that have to do her bidding. I dont really think she'd be content to play the behind the strings puppet master roll forever though. So unless she intends to play that as Sharess returning and giving her the crown officially, that probably wouldnt be all that beneficial.

Also: Thrair. :w *wee* *wee*
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Seraphiel » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:46 pm

You want to believe that I am not the same as you
And now I can't conceive, oh lord, of what it is you're trying to do
With those angry eyes
Well, I bet you wish you could cut me down
With those angry eyes

What a shot you could be if you could shoot at me
With those angry eyes
You and I must start to realize
Blindness binds us in a false disguise
Can you see me through those angry eyes?

I'm gonna fire a shot in the dark...Mel and Snad maybe?
Seraphiel
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:23 am

I'm totally perplexed. This is highly atypical for Snadhya'rune; there isn't even so many as a hundred, or even a scant dozen senseless deaths in this current action She's clearly off her game.

- Theory 1: Take Sharess's body for her own. Without risky Jaal manipulation, the body would conform to the drow nature of Snadhya'rune. So, being worshipped as a goddess may not work. Even so, transferring to Sharess's body might improve her already potent aura.

- Theory 2: Make a summon puppet of Sharess. Definitely potential there ..

- Theory 3: Bring back the real Sharess. No. Snadhya'rune plays second fiddle to no one, even if some think that she became a demon god.

- Theory 4: Summon something truly evil. This has legs - a summoning catastrophe here could kill thousands of innocents; which would be fitting for Snads.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Margirita » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:32 pm

My only reservation about the Snad theory is this. Why now? She had access to it for several years, heck she ran that school. Ok let's say the old headmisteress was a huge road block... Ok so she died a few years ago, I am sure Snad minions notified her. why wait 3 years?

So again why now? If you listen to Snad's crazy rants she wants the Drow generation to escape from under the foot of the Dark elf generation and most likely put herself as the new rule. So dusting off the old Sharess would contradict that plan and pull the masses back to the old ways.

I can picture Snad wanting to destroy this body. But again, why now? Does she know that the actual Sharess demon is learking about?
Margirita
Summoner

Postby Moric » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Margirita wrote:My only reservation about the Snad theory is this. Why now? She had access to it for several years, heck she ran that school. Ok let's say the old headmisteress was a huge road block... Ok so she died a few years ago, I am sure Snad minions notified her. why wait 3 years?

The minions that were slaughtered by Sil'lice? Or perhaps Khaless? Chances are that Orthorbbae was cased out for months beforehand.

I think that the timing has something to do with large numbers of tainted losing to their seeds.

Margirita wrote:So again why now? If you listen to Snad's crazy rants she wants the Drow generation to escape from under the foot of the Dark elf generation and most likely put herself as the new rule. So dusting off the old Sharess would contradict that plan and pull the masses back to the old ways.

Are we entirely certain that these two are still faithful to Snads? We also don't know why.

Margirita wrote:I can picture Snad wanting to destroy this body. But again, why now? Does she know that the actual Sharess demon is learking about?

Is Sharess a demon? If so, the original body would be no better than any other. Also, if a Sharess-demon exists, and is intent upon devouring thousands of drow, that would make Snadhya'rune want to control it, or at least sit back and watch the carnage.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Seraphiel » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Wonder if this will be cliche, but..

Sharess is in eternal slumber with her eyes closed...

Then, suddenly...

Seraphiel
Demon

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:51 pm

Smokehammer wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote: They probably aren't expecting any serious opposition, especially with a big demon stomping around front.
Surely Snadhya knows that Sillice and her kin are still there. Unless its also widely known that Sil has had an epiphany and taken up gardening & tiddly winks you'd think they'd expect all hell to rain down upon them with glee.

More importantly, why is Diva surprised at Snadhya's followers knowing Sharess' body lies within the ninth tower? Snad was Ortho's defacto second in command fit to succeed not only her but Sha'sana as well. Diva also knew that Sha'sana had taught and/or was performing experiments in demonology WITH Snadhya, which was to presumably protect against tainting AND fulfill Sha's goal of bringing Sharess back to life. She surely knew that for centuries Snad was Sha's understudy in presumably every way. If not, wow. Diva's reached a whole new level of clueless. Or, Snad IS actually pretending to be dead -and thus Diva is assuming that the Nidraa were not made privy to such information because that would be too trusting of Snad?

As to what Snadhya wants with Sharess' body. Hmm. It could be as simple as a soul transfer, but Snads about as predictable as a hedgehog with its fur on backwards. Perhaps Manyfaces told her that her great aunty was still alive and eating her friends and so, Snad's goal IS to bring back Sharess, but in some sort of weird apocalyptic way because she knows its totally bad news. Or maybe she's crazy enough to believe she can create a summon out of her? That would be one hell of a weapon, and she can "bind" people into living summons that have to do her bidding. I dont really think she'd be content to play the behind the strings puppet master roll forever though. So unless she intends to play that as Sharess returning and giving her the crown officially, that probably wouldnt be all that beneficial.

Also: Thrair. :w *wee* *wee*

She might not know Silice is there...and she just might not consider Silice a real threat without Sarghress support. Particularly if it is just a smash and grab rather than a pitched battle.

Hmm....I actually do wonder if Diva knew that Snad knew of if she thought Sha'hansa just managed to hide in a place Snad couldn't find. I honestly forgot if Snad knew at first, until I remembered that we had a scene of Khaless and Sha talking.

Which also brings up that Snad could have grabbed Sharess' body any time she wanted...so we need to not only figure out why, but why now? She ignored Sharess' body for decades, what has changed to make it useful...
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Previous

Return to Moonless Age