Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 55 : page 1

Chapter 55 : page 1

Postby Kern » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 am

Rock, paper , scissor and cheating demon!
A kiel chapter had to start with some weird stuff. Only her would go to some twisted entity like what remain of Laele and somehow end up playing a stupid game like this with it. Actually the demon is more into it than she is.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 55 : page 1

Postby James Rye » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 am

That's Laele? I thought she was a goner after that huge demon incident or did I miss something?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Irae Maeviir » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:48 am

Well, that is Laelle's Demon(s). Not really Laelle, but we call her that just for familiarity... right?

Also, if that thing is there. Does that mean the Sarghress fought and failed to stop it, or just... it somehow managed to sneak away from them in the turmoil?
Irae Maeviir
Tainted

Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Postby Moric » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:32 am

Irae Maeviir wrote:Also, if that thing is there. Does that mean the Sarghress fought and failed to stop it, or just... it somehow managed to sneak away from them in the turmoil?

Laeledemon goes wherever she wants. Too big to seal, and all the other soldiers are made of food.
Moric
Demon

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Oh man, that is rich! Of course Kiel would be crazy enough to walk up to the uber-demon and play Janken (rock, paper, scissors) with it!

Now that we know Laelle is "alive", how is she being kept well-fed?

Gotta hand it to Kiel though, having a real heavy hitter like that as a friend is a damn good idea!
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:06 pm

...huh. So that is what happened to the Leale demon...
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Tainted Messiah » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Alright that is just funny.. well done Kern.

So we leave Ariel and company who once again some how had a series of completely random events ultimately work in their favor in the most mind boggling of ways ( like seriously what WAS their plan in the first place..? haha ). Sorry couple pages/days late I know I just have this ongoing gripe that Ariel arguably the MAIN character seems to often passively have alot of things happen around her drives me to distraction.. I mean she started a random invasion of Felde to attack Snadya's tower I guess? which got the raiders and owls slaughtered.. blew up part of the tower releasing a toxic spill of demons on the town.. and ultimately got sang killed and now she is the leader of the Sarg without any personal merit or even good decision making that I saw cause of course she is... lol.

ANYWAY... yeah and now we are brought to Kiel doing what Kiel does which is entertaining though it does raise alot of questions since Leale demon was in the heart of Sarg territory but is now some how at the school and without a horde of soldiers trying to kill her so I guess she 'snuck' out? ( looking at her form now find that a bit hard to believe but hey why not ) also we know she is able to communicate as she said 'hello' but how in the world did she meet up with Kiel? and to that matter why?

.... well as usual I am left with alot of question will be curious to see how Kern is going to play all of this out.
Tainted Messiah
Demon

Postby katrover » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Best opening page ever.

I needed this light-heartedness after what happened last chapter.
katrover
Tainted

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:52 pm

How is that thing even surviving without a host? It must burn a lot of mana just to keep itself alive, so environmental mana probably isn't enough...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Whizzard » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:07 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:How is that thing even surviving without a host? It must burn a lot of mana just to keep itself alive, so environmental mana probably isn't enough...

Well, for one, they are at school, it's stuffed with mana. Secondly, this demon is Laele who's specialty is eating other demons. By opening a small nether gate, you basically have infinite food source.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Marcellogo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:16 pm

I would focus on the very first image: there is a building (Horthobbae?) with a Nine Moons Emblem on the Window, with a red (Sargress? ) flag hanging loose from it and with a troops of white clad soldiers camped ( as there are tents) outside and sporting a Sharen flag. And Kiel is inside...

The new Val'Sharen/Vel'Vlozzress clan showed in just one image.
Marcellogo
Summoner

Postby almondbiscuit » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:28 pm

I find this actually adorable. This is probably the happiest Laelle has been since she got tainted. *heehee*
almondbiscuit
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby MagicSkyshark » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:24 am

Daenar: - If life gives you daemons, make daemonade. Hey, Kiel, whatcha 'bout a couple of rounds with me? Bet some good stuff from Felde.
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Tempestfury » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:17 am

Tainted Messiah wrote:like seriously what WAS their plan in the first place..? haha

Hit and Run. They thought that Felde and the Shargress were foes to each other and that if they attacked Felde, they'll assume the other Shargress were allied with them.

So the idea was to fly into Felde, bombard it, then get the hell out of there and let the Shagress army after their head and Felde fight.

Unfortunately, a lucky/skilled cannon shot brought the ship down on the tower, and the Shagress army were allies with Felde, so the plan ended up falling apart.

It wasn't a bad plan. They just didn't take heed of Helmuth von Moltke the Elder's words: 'No plan survives first contact with the enemy'
Tempestfury
Nether Spawn

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Marcellogo wrote:I would focus on the very first image: there is a building (Horthobbae?) with a Nine Moons Emblem on the Window, with a red (Sargress? ) flag hanging loose from it and with a troops of white clad soldiers camped ( as there are tents) outside and sporting a Sharen flag. And Kiel is inside...

The new Val'Sharen/Vel'Vlozzress clan showed in just one image.

Good eye, I didn't notice the red flag at first.

Looking again, I don't think it is a Sarghress symbol though. Hard to tell, but I think it is the same sideways grin design that Kiel has/d on her Vlozz mask.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Next

Return to Moonless Age