Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 55 : Home

Chapter 55 : Home

Postby Kern » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:51 am

This cover have a lot of demons and its symbolize a few things about whats to come. But there's demons among the protagonists in the middle too, if anything its mostly demons there as well. Kiel blur the line, naal is one, all the blobs around and Nau is tainted. The two white armored characters at the back i'll leave as speculation for now. As for the last in the back, definitively a demon.
The white knight at the left, its mask is a sad face painted on. People who follow my concepts knows this chapter will have Diva and sillice returning for this short chapter. Most cameos are set to appear in 56 btw!
The cover was rigged for animating but we're days late , sun is about to rise. Lets save that for a later time :A
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 55 : Home

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:54 am

Aaaaaah can't wait to discover the new chapter!!!! *boogie*
It's been a loooooong time I was wandering what were the aftermath of the event in the 9th tower.
Naal & Kel powah! *wee*
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby Whizzard » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:01 pm

People have been claiming that this is the last chapter but this doesn't look like it.

Btw, the hooded figure in the far back that Kern says is "definitely a demon" is most definitely wearing Vloz robes. Going by the chapter name I guess Kiel goes back to the ruins of Vloz tower for some reason. The pale knights look like Nidra'chaal though. And that friend demon left of Kiel looks like Naal.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Moatl » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:45 pm

It's the chapter before the last chapter, if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the white knights are Kadara and Sillice. At least one knight is tainted, after all. But Sillice had a concept art with more or less »old style armour«.
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:08 pm

Ah, it will be interesting to see who the robed figure and the white armored figures are (for the latter, I am guess they either worked for Snad or used, based on the design of their outfits, but there is plenty more to learn than that)

It's the chapter before the last chapter, if I remember correctly.

Actually, there is one more. So Chapter 57 is the last I believe.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Marcellogo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Well, such armor remember me more the Imperial Guard.
Given that mask is instead a Vel Vloz'ress feature the union of the two is perfectly fit for a clan born by the fusion between them and Diva/Sillice/(hopefully)Nishi'kanta/(a dream come true) Chrys'tel loyalists...
Marcellogo
Summoner

Postby Marcellogo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:40 pm

Moatl wrote:It's the chapter before the last chapter, if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the white knights are Kadara and Sillice. At least one knight is tainted, after all. But Sillice had a concept art with more or less »old style armour«.

Not just tainted, also have LOOONG Ears i.e. a first generation Drow, so my bet is on Sill'ice also.
Marcellogo
Summoner

Postby Nowhere Girl » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:37 pm

If nothing else, Kiel is (in my view) a lot more interesting than Ariel and has been for some time. Kiel tends to make things happen, whereas Ariel tends to be swept along by whatever is happening.
Nowhere Girl
Summoner

Postby punzil504 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Hooded figure kind of looks like Kharla or Ni'bai. Both were supposed to have died, but when is that ever permanent, especially within the Vloz? Then there's Larvova, who's actually still alive.

Not sure who the tainted white armored drow is, but those ears certainly show her age.
punzil504
Summoner

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby vernes » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Kiel and Baal and the blobs!
Yessss

edit: Naal! I meant Naal Oh crap!
Last edited by vernes on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
vernes
Summoner

Postby Tempestfury » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Wooooo! Alright! Every since the timeskip happened, I've been wanting to find out how the best girl and best guy of the series where doing! Can't wait to get back to them and see what they've been up to! ... Wonder if the babymaking has worked at all?

Also, reason why Nau is best guy and Kel'Noz isn't? Kel'Noz isn't a guy, he is a man!
Tempestfury
Nether Spawn

Postby 'Lement » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:21 pm

I dare speculate the figure on the left is one of those golems that were in the ninth tower, repurposed - augmented finger joints, no eyeholes, torso looks also kinda jointed but also different from the way golems looked. Can't be Kadara - she wasn't turned into a doll last we saw her, and the only person who could have done that since died - we all saw her fall to her death, there's no way she could have survived that.

The robed figure reminds me of Senekha. She was, of course, decapitated, burned and sealed, so it is probably another Vloz.

It looks like the drow in white on the right is eyeing the central trio. I think this means there's an internal schism in the defenders against the demon hordes - it certainly reminds me of The cover of Unravel, two and half years ago. Though the prominent Sil'ice there has shorter ears than in current cover - Snadhya'rune is closer, though her ears seem to also be consistently both fatter and her skin slightly darker. The lighter skin rather points to other cities, save for their lack of known figures of great venerability.

The imperial guard armour, combined with the age, makes me think of a Beld'robbean. The power structures of Sarghress were completely gutted in the mess of past three years - I can only guess the other clans were splintered and chipped as well. Machike wasn't really "Sarghress" outpost anymore, and I imagine ninth tower isn't Vloz home either.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:06 pm

Nowhere Girl wrote:If nothing else, Kiel is (in my view) a lot more interesting than Ariel and has been for some time. Kiel tends to make things happen, whereas Ariel tends to be swept along by whatever is happening.

Well, it's the problem with the 'Heroic' (Ariel) and 'Peaceful sidekick' (Faen) archetypes. Kiel is an element of chaos so she necessarily creates events rather than following them.
As for why we prefer characters like Kiel rather than Ariel (appart for reasons mentioned previously), it's a bit like Tintin and Captain Haddock, or Luke Skywalker and Han Solo : one always like the funny guys.

'Lement wrote:The robed figure reminds me of Senekha. She was, of course, decapitated, burned and sealed, so it is probably another Vloz.

As everyone is mentioning dead characters as the hooded figure: what about Sharess herself?
I thought once she could be Diva but the outfit don't match Kern's draft. So, I if she's a demon, why not Sharess! *wutno*

More seriously, she kind of look like one of those Kahvanhi zombies too...
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby PSadlon » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:00 am

About time. Kiel may have her issues as a leader and a person but she's interesting.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby Whizzard » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:39 pm

For some she's interesting, for some (like me) Kiel's boring and obnoxious.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Next

Return to Moonless Age