Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 144

Re: Chapter 54 : page 144

Postby Zarannya » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:18 pm

...guess we get to see what tainted Kel'noz looks like.

Well...tainting isn't always a guarantee. Ariel took a demon to the face during her fight with Kalki and remains untainted, yet Kau took one to the gut and was. Hard to say if it's some sort of innate resistance, or just an inconsistency?

Is that Ariel's puppy, I thought Chakiri killed that one.

Eh - might be severely wounded, much like Kel is, but not dead apparently. Wolves are resilient creatures, after all. On top of that, the Rampaging Dire Wolf of Doom looks to be a metaphor/symbol for Ariel's overall clan relationship at this point - killing it would probably mean that the clan as a whole is dead. When it was a puppy, in earlier chapters, her rep was solid, friendly and amiable with the clan. After the timeskip, after years of absence, it attacked her not even recognizing her as a comrade - sort of symbolic to how the clan felt about her now. And now, where she reaches out to try to calm and befriend it, and it sort of tentatively reacts positively...symbolic of her having to try to reach out to restore that lost bond with her clan. That pupper's got as much plot armor as the main characters do, if only for that probably :)

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:
What happened to Itansha? The head of Maeyukir? Did she die too or did she defect to the Duters or something?

Yes.

Agree with Thrair - they escaped the Sarghress implosion and found a purpose with the Dutan'vir, which if I read right was intended to be only til the leadership squabbles died down. After losing Koil and Rosof and the rest of the clan going rabid, I don't blame Itansha one bit for saying "Screw it, we're staying here permanently." Most of them were former Dutan'vir anyway, so to them, it's not necessarily defecting as much as going home where they belong.
Zarannya
Tainted

Postby almondbiscuit » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:51 am

Doom Chinchilla wrote:
Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:P.S. speaking of sucker punchers, I wonder how Mablevi will react to the news of Ariel becoming the figurehead of the Val'Sarghress after all?

I can see him trying to intimidate Ariel into being a mere figurehead. He probably will be one of the guys she will have to beat to a pulp -or even kill -in front of the whole army in order to achieve effective leadership.

Whether it's Ariel who does so, or one of her allies, I look forward to the beat down either way.
almondbiscuit
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Moric » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:46 am

almondbiscuit wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:
Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:P.S. speaking of sucker punchers, I wonder how Mablevi will react to the news of Ariel becoming the figurehead of the Val'Sarghress after all?

I can see him trying to intimidate Ariel into being a mere figurehead. He probably will be one of the guys she will have to beat to a pulp -or even kill -in front of the whole army in order to achieve effective leadership.

Whether it's Ariel who does so, or one of her allies, I look forward to the beat down either way.

Mablevi was not figured among the "leaders", and he keeps rather close. I also don't think he's so awful as yet, for he could have gutted Kel'noz like a fish as quickly as sucker-punch him, but he didn't.

Now Daxia is another matter, and she certainly isn't alone.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby sunhawk » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:04 am

almondbiscuit wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:

Everyone is lucky that Ariel is such an uncommon Drow. Otherwise, with her High Sorcery, she would be a nightmare. A shapeshifter that can absorb any other flesh into her being, and manipulate flesh on others. One touch and she could make your limbs fall off. She could absorb a drow or two and dwarf Quain.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby wolfdancer95 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:54 am

Zarannya wrote:
Eh - might be severely wounded, much like Kel is, but not dead apparently. Wolves are resilient creatures, after all. On top of that, the Rampaging Dire Wolf of Doom looks to be a metaphor/symbol for Ariel's overall clan relationship at this point - killing it would probably mean that the clan as a whole is dead. When it was a puppy, in earlier chapters, her rep was solid, friendly and amiable with the clan. After the time skip, after years of absence, it attacked her not even recognizing her as a comrade - sort of symbolic to how the clan felt about her now. And now, where she reaches out to try to calm and befriend it, and it sort of tentatively reacts positively...symbolic of her having to try to reach out to restore that lost bond with her clan. That pupper's got as much plot armour as the main characters do, if only for that probably :)

this is some good shit analysis my dude, some Game of Thrones kind of symbolism like with the wolfs and starks.
wolfdancer95
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby ohriniel666 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Yeah, yeah. We got it. Oppose the "golden girl's" in this comics it's like pissing in the wind. *lol*
Whatever you do, you are fucked. ^^
ohriniel666
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby panorin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:15 pm

What I want to know is Koil's story and how she was killed.
panorin
Tik'tikki

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Irae Maeviir » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:48 pm

panorin wrote:What I want to know is Koil's story and how she was killed.

I have a few guesses, but those might be better explained in daydream :P
Irae Maeviir
Tainted

Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Postby PSadlon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:33 am

I feel Kor underestimates his leadership potential. I mean sure, as a male, he's had to hear that males weren't suited for leadership and based on what I've what I've seen of him, he certainly is not fit for high-level leadership but he certainly has some notable leadership traits that could potentially serve him well in an intermediate level position or advisory role.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby Moric » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 am

PSadlon wrote:I feel Kor underestimates his leadership potential. I mean sure, as a male, he's had to hear that males weren't suited for leadership and based on what I've what I've seen of him, he certainly is not fit for high-level leadership but he certainly has some notable leadership traits that could potentially serve him well in an intermediate level position or advisory role.

Kor'maril is an officer, and it would seem a good one.

That said, the Sarghress Ill'haress must provide a raison d'etre for the Clan. Kor is being realistic, that he doesn't have that vision to give purpose to the Clan.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby PSadlon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Hence me saying he'd make a better advisor or other intermediate position. They're still leadership roles, and good and necessary ones at that, but it just not ones who have the ultimate say in positions, especially ones he is weak in.
PSadlon
Summoner

Previous

Return to Moonless Age