Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 142

Re: Chapter 54 : page 142

Postby Whizzard » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:51 pm

In any case, it's highly unlikely Kel'noz was punched or bled to death off screen.
User avatar
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4917
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Overworld, the land of happiness and joy
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Chapter 54 : page 142

Postby Moric » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:59 pm

Irae Maeviir wrote:It could also be to avoid others from looking at Kel's face for other reasons. What do you think Ariel would do if he saw Kel's face after Mablevi was done punching him? We only saw like 1 punch, but who is to say he didnt punch him 20 times afterwards?
If the Wolfpack had seen Kel's face after such treatment they would probably be outraged.

Were Kel'noz dead, his corpse would either be useless trash or hung up as a trophy for display and revilement. As he is lying in a cart, bag over his head, and hands behind his body, he is a prisoner, as this is standard procedure for such.

I do not think that Mablevi would have lost his discipline and rational nature so as to smash Kel's skull into paste from unnecessary blows against a cadaver.

As for the outrage of the Wolfpack, what is that worth? They are prisoners, wholly under the power of the Legion.

I am amazed at Kel's survival. Thus it comes to mind whether he is tainted or not. Next chapter, I guess.
Moric
Demon
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:28 pm
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 142

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Moric wrote:First, from the mutations in Sang's face last page, I'm thinking that she went demon, likely a Devourer. Putting her down was probably not very fun. I suppose that Mablevi or Kor'maril would be in charge for now, with Rosof (if still alive) running things at home, which is inherently unstable, due to millennia of anti-male bigotry (and perhaps even eugenic effort in the distant past, like a reverse-Kzinti). Quill'yate? I doubt that she'd take over even if begged by the whole of Sarghress. We have a true power vacuum in the mightiest Clan in Chel'el'Sussoloth.


I doubt Rosof would work with Sang's faction; he is the most pro-val among the Sarghess, the main supporter of Quain's bloodline, and at the same time, the De'vess who had the most reservations about joining the Alliance (and remember, Sang is working with the Alliance despite her anti-val propaganda...).

Kern said that the Sarghess have split into several factions, some of them tiny: Some work with the Alliance, some try to keep fighting the Vals, some have become mere bandits, and some have gone underground and try to keep a low profile.

Ironically, Sang's faction seems to be both a pro-Alliance faction and an anti-Val faction... no idea how she managed to reconcile both in front of her followers...
User avatar
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Chapter 54 : page 142

Postby Margirita » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:07 am

Hmm he is in the cart alone. That indicates they care about his delicate condition and that he is alive. If he where dead he would be on top of other corpses in that cart. That and I don't think Ariel would be as passive as she seems at the moment.


For some reason (after the Goblins failed and after the 1st ship attack)I think Snad offered a bargen to Sang. Prove that your group can be corporative and do the job the alliance designed for them, bring me Ariel and I will back a non-Val as leader. Or if you turn me down I will institute Mel as the rightful Val of the clan and kill off the non-val leadership (like she may have done with Koil). Then reform the Shargs under her lover Mel.


Sang probably just cut off communications to become a clan with no-vals and just never intended to accept Ariel and co back in. That was most likely the original plan till Snad came along.


AKA I blame Snad !
User avatar
Margirita
Summoner
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:13 am
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Chapter 54 : page 142

Postby Marcellogo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:38 pm

I didn't just see nothing strange about Sang and Snad working together.
Snad, despite being a Sharen is first and foremost a revolutionary, chief of the Nids and first objective was ALWAYS to topple Empress Diva'tarika and the Val system, in doing so she aim for absolute power not just an hollow title like Zala'ess.
Sang also want the Val system to be shattered and want to be in control of the Sarg'ress Clan as the leading force in Chel.
Both want power for their own clan but they have a long way to walk together before remaining the only forces remaining forces in Chel.
Marcellogo
Summoner
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:10 pm
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 142

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:38 pm

Marcellogo wrote:I didn't just see nothing strange about Sang and Snad working together.
Snad, despite being a Sharen is first and foremost a revolutionary, chief of the Nids and first objective was ALWAYS to topple Empress Diva'tarika and the Val system, in doing so she aim for absolute power not just an hollow title like Zala'ess.
Sang also want the Val system to be shattered and want to be in control of the Sarg'ress Clan as the leading force in Chel.
Both want power for their own clan but they have a long way to walk together before remaining the only forces remaining forces in Chel.


So Sang was okay with a Val of Sharen who wants to destroy the Val system, but she hated the Vals of Sarghess who wanted to destroy the Val system? How does that make sense?
User avatar
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Chapter 54 : page 142

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:
Marcellogo wrote:I didn't just see nothing strange about Sang and Snad working together.
Snad, despite being a Sharen is first and foremost a revolutionary, chief of the Nids and first objective was ALWAYS to topple Empress Diva'tarika and the Val system, in doing so she aim for absolute power not just an hollow title like Zala'ess.
Sang also want the Val system to be shattered and want to be in control of the Sarg'ress Clan as the leading force in Chel.
Both want power for their own clan but they have a long way to walk together before remaining the only forces remaining forces in Chel.


So Sang was okay with a Val of Sharen who wants to destroy the Val system, but she hated the Vals of Sarghess who wanted to destroy the Val system? How does that make sense?

...How doesn't it?

The US was founded on a rejection of monarchy, and the Americans would not tolerate one of their own becoming a king - but they were just fine having peaceful diplomatic relations with other countries that were monarchies, even the British who the US rebelled against in the first place.
User avatar
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Chapter 54 : page 142

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:
Marcellogo wrote:I didn't just see nothing strange about Sang and Snad working together.
Snad, despite being a Sharen is first and foremost a revolutionary, chief of the Nids and first objective was ALWAYS to topple Empress Diva'tarika and the Val system, in doing so she aim for absolute power not just an hollow title like Zala'ess.
Sang also want the Val system to be shattered and want to be in control of the Sarg'ress Clan as the leading force in Chel.
Both want power for their own clan but they have a long way to walk together before remaining the only forces remaining forces in Chel.


So Sang was okay with a Val of Sharen who wants to destroy the Val system, but she hated the Vals of Sarghess who wanted to destroy the Val system? How does that make sense?

...How doesn't it?

The US was founded on a rejection of monarchy, and the Americans would not tolerate one of their own becoming a king - but they were just fine having peaceful diplomatic relations with other countries that were monarchies, even the British who the US rebelled against in the first place.


Ariel wasn't the ruler of the clan. Koil and later Sang were. Ariel was an exile who had not made any move to try to inherit the crown... So, what was the Sarghess problem? They were fine with Quain leading the clan, but they didn't want a member of her bloodline to succeed her... and no member of her bloodline did... so, what? what are they angry about?

Using your analogy, it is as if George III had told the Americans "It's fine, I will leave you alone... become a republic or whatever..." and the American revolutionaries had decided to hunt the British royal family to extinction...

Heck, Ariel could have joined Quil and become a mere soldier in her merry band or roving raiders, and nobody in Chel would have noticed the difference until they arrived to Machike to capture and kill her...

Snadhya, and to a lesser extent Zala'ess, seem to be the main powers in Chel now, and the Sarghess are fine working under them despite they being Vals of Sharen and the Sarghess clan having been created with the purpose of bringing the Vals of Sharen down...
User avatar
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Previous

Return to Moonless Age

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron