Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 135

Re: Chapter 54 : page 135

Postby Lokaback » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:03 pm

No way they just straight up her off like that.

12 adult chat roulette sites
Last edited by Lokaback on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lokaback
Tik'tikki

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Seraphiel » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Thrair wrote:...And rock continues to beat scissors.

Seraphiel
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Lokaback wrote:No way they just straight up her off like that.

I am not the author either, but the might of Grimderp is not to be underestimated here.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Moric » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Kern wrote:The tower shakes, part of it collapse and Kel run from his opponent to choose his own battleground.
To make pancake? To ambush? To strip and dance where no one is watching? Because he know he is fucked when surrounded by enemies when trying to do his duel? maybe all of them. Still, there's a lot of demons now.

Actually, just to invert reality entirely, Sang burrows out to find a table and chairs, with Kel'noz seated.

Kel'noz: I don't have much time, but now that we are away from the hoi polloi, let's get down to brass tacks.
Sang: Took you long enough...

Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Hartree » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:52 am

Lokaback wrote:No way they just straight up her off like that.

I'm not sure that he dropped it on Sang.
He may have dropped the ceiling of that archway she just ran through cutting her off from her reinforcements, or dropped the ceiling of the opening he was looking out. Perhaps to slow down that horde of demons he saw from finding them.
He was facing away from her when he was looking out. It isn't clear to me he turned around. I'm completely unsure of what Kel is planning, but I don't think he one shotted Sang.
Hartree
Nether Seed

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:42 am

Moric wrote:
Basileus_Ioannis wrote:(snipped the FOOLPROOF TRAP I SWEAR)
But Sang, being a Sangress, might have Earth foci of her own, so a moot point *blush*

Don't. First, the rogue mocks such ham-handed attempts on his saving throw, as the lag time between the two traps is too great, or the warranty is voided, per Trapmakers' Guild A365, paragraph 5, section 27b. Also, for the love of anything that you regard as holy, do not concatenate a weapon trap with anything that remotely involves grappling rules... The gaming session will be over before you can figure out who is rolling for what.

Yes, Sang has a 95% chance of having earth foci in physical contact with her stumps.
Uwaaah! Image It woulda worked, I swear! Image (a computerized DM's Helper could handle the grappling calculations, grumble grumble...)

So, barring the 5% chance she packed yellow topaz by mistake, this would happen:
Moric wrote:
Kern wrote:The tower shakes, part of it collapse and Kel run from his opponent to choose his own battleground.
To make pancake? To ambush? To strip and dance where no one is watching? Because he know he is fucked when surrounded by enemies when trying to do his duel? maybe all of them. Still, there's a lot of demons now.

Actually, just to invert reality entirely, Sang burrows out to find a table and chairs, with Kel'noz seated.

Kel'noz: I don't have much time, but now that we are away from the hoi polloi, let's get down to brass tacks.
Sang: Took you long enough...

The Hoi Polloi: Hmph! Quain made us go away before she and Zala had their talk :x
:D
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby Whizzard » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:54 am

Y'know, Sang was always a side character but then she tried to get a degree in villainy (at Robbie Rotten Academy for Villains) but is clearly failing at her new job (she wasn't Villain nr. 1 in her class). She hasn't earned a boss status, sucks at leadership and really is just a bump in the road. This would be a fitting end to her story, squashed like a fly in a split second and plot can move on from such a sorry attempt at bad guyery. ^^;
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby PSadlon » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:16 pm

This is the difference be just plain tactics and strategy (which technically includes tactics).

I see the complaints of it not going down that way because its anti-climactic but it's not like there hasn't been plenty of such incident in Drowtales (even if this turns out to be one it'll still be far from too many) but it will at least be a temporary disappointment.

That said even if sang survives that she won't be unscathed and she'll be reconsidering her remarks regarding barely being able to fight.
PSadlon
Summoner

Previous

Return to Moonless Age