Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 133

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby Moric » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:41 pm

MagicSkyshark wrote:Oh Ash, poor Ash...

Do not expect that Kel will be in time for the supper tonight...

Also, yeah. Epic duel's background have to be EXPLOOOSIONS!!!
; )


His survival chances aren't QUITE zero yet...

A challenge by Ariel could pre-empt Kel's, and the tower blowing up could wipe out Sang and only give Kel another concussion...

Yeah, and he might just win too... bwahahahaha!

Okay, near zero but not quite there.
Moric
Demon
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:28 pm
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby Ra'tatosk » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:41 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Calling it now: If Kel'noz survives this, he will start a relationship with Kyon'ne.

Also: DO IT XANN'DOR, KILL EVERYBODY! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! *wee*

He fought well he will die maybe not a hero but hopefully the bang will end the hostilities as dynamite can kill a fire.

And yesterday I considered to make him a prisoner in the coming chapter! :B
User avatar
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Location: Under the stars, munching roasted chestnut nuts
Clan: Illhar'dro

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby MagicSkyshark » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:14 pm

Ra'tatosk wrote:And yesterday I considered to make him a prisoner in the coming chapter! :B


So, the ship might just refuse to blow )))
User avatar
MagicSkyshark
Tainted
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:52 pm
Location: Obninsk
Clan: Valley'gurl

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:52 pm

Ra'tatosk wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:Calling it now: If Kel'noz survives this, he will start a relationship with Kyon'ne.

Also: DO IT XANN'DOR, KILL EVERYBODY! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! *wee*

He fought well he will die maybe not a hero but hopefully the bang will end the hostilities as dynamite can kill a fire.

And yesterday I considered to make him a prisoner in the coming chapter! :B


Is that a spoiler?! Are Ariel's allies going to be captured?! :A

There goes my hope of the aircraft explosion combining with the uncontrolled nether gate and wiping Felde, the Nidras and Sang's Sarghess... and maybe Ash too, I'm sick of her attitude... *doh*
User avatar
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3100
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby PSadlon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:36 am

Any bets on this being the distraction Kel needs for the sake of plot armor, directly or indirectly? Like either the boom happens at a right moment or it attracts every nearby demon and zombie.

There WILL be deaths... Xann almost definitely, probably Koana, for sure at least one of the duelists, beyond that there are no guarantees.
User avatar
PSadlon
Summoner
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:01 am

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby Irae Maeviir » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:44 am

I am still unconvinced that Sang wants to kill Kel.
She might have given the order, but obviously it wasn't carried out.
I think her commands and orders are being mistranslated for us... She is likely not on a crusade to slay the vals, but actually on a crusade to LAY the Val (Kel).
User avatar
Irae Maeviir
Tainted
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:05 pm
Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby Ra'tatosk » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Irae Maeviir wrote:I am still unconvinced that Sang wants to kill Kel.
She might have given the order, but obviously it wasn't carried out.
I think her commands and orders are being mistranslated for us... She is likely not on a crusade to slay the vals, but actually on a crusade to LAY the Val (Kel).

She has to put her last in the que to Kel! And to fight herself to the first position. But I doubt she can get trough Waes' dark shadows without getting lost, or penetrating Ash's mindtricks. If not also Faen's protection of her mother and Kyo's words of magic.

Good luck. *lol*
User avatar
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Location: Under the stars, munching roasted chestnut nuts
Clan: Illhar'dro

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby Thrair » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:28 am

PSadlon wrote:There WILL be deaths... Xann almost definitely, probably Koana, for sure at least one of the duelists, beyond that there are no guarantees.


Aye. Xann's not going to survive that large of a mana core cooking off while standing at ground zero.

As for Koana, he was seen evacuating with the others and is also a cameo listed to appear in Chapters 55/56 (call is for both, not all will appear in 55).


As a side note, let's not toss around words like "plot armor" preemptively. It is already a highly critical phrase in the best of times, but directing it at what *might* happen is a bit excessive.
User avatar
Thrair
Demon
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby PSadlon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:18 am

True though in my experience the deaths of some protagonists & deuteragonists typically happen in sight of the other protagonists either to crush, embolden or temper the surviving protagonists, the deaths of the other protagonists happen at the end or after the story has run its course. tritagonists or below are expendable at any time for any reason. Kel is just important enough to Ariel that he isn't gonna die until she can see it or the immediate aftermath.
User avatar
PSadlon
Summoner
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:01 am

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:21 am

Thrair wrote:
PSadlon wrote:There WILL be deaths... Xann almost definitely, probably Koana, for sure at least one of the duelists, beyond that there are no guarantees.


Aye. Xann's not going to survive that large of a mana core cooking off while standing at ground zero.

As for Koana, he was seen evacuating with the others and is also a cameo listed to appear in Chapters 55/56 (call is for both, not all will appear in 55).


As a side note, let's not toss around words like "plot armor" preemptively. It is already a highly critical phrase in the best of times, but directing it at what *might* happen is a bit excessive.

...Why does it list Kyudosha as belonging to swedishkitsune instead of me?
User avatar
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 7970
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby Moric » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Given the Cameo-Call, Kel'noz lives only by being ordered to stand down by Ariel.

I suppose something along the lines of "We have sworn our lives for the good of the Clan, no matter the mission. If this mission is to go in chains for the sake of the Sarghress, then we must."
Moric
Demon
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:28 pm
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 133

Postby Thrair » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:19 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:...Why does it list Kyudosha as belonging to swedishkitsune instead of me?


Not sure. Probably a mistake. These cameo list docs are just rough scratch notes by Kern. Typos occur. I'd ask him.
User avatar
Thrair
Demon
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Previous

Return to Moonless Age

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests