Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 122

Chapter 54 : page 122

Postby Kern » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:41 pm

She pays the price for not having paid attention to her family for so many years.
Another exemple of great power being quite useless sometime. Ash is very strong but there its pretty much face meet the floor , she is so physicaly unfits she couldn't do anything to save herself.
Also bounding time between "Kusette" and Quill.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 122

Postby Moatl » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:43 pm

I see pretty much shield meeting an other head coming.
And a ship… :P
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Ardan Styyx » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Funny Faen has not zapped yet. Are her feeling mixed about her mother being both an asshole but her mother nonetheless, or is it something else?

Also interesting to hear from Quil that Chel is still a shithole. This tells a lot about how successful the so called great alliance has been so far...
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Ah ah, Kusette is so done with her own faction that she fraternise with an ennemy commander without missing a beat.

As for what happens at the top of the tower, I wonder too why Faen isn't intervening much.

Ash seems afflicted with apathy, given how much she fights for her life.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby almondbiscuit » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Faen, do *something*. Help her, kill her, don't just stand there gawping like a cow in the middle of a busy road!
almondbiscuit
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Tempestfury » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Okay, the first two panels are just awesome. Just two gals, from opposites sides of a war, chilling with each other and ruminating how everything is shit.
Last edited by Tempestfury on Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tempestfury
Nether Spawn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:10 pm

almondbiscuit wrote:Faen, do *something*. Help her, kill her, don't just stand there gawping like a cow in the middle of a busy road!

Ditto, if Faen acts now she can still save Ash while this backstabbing wacko is busy ranting and raving. Even if Faen can't match her empathically, she can still smash her head in with her shield instead of just doing nothing. Ash may not be mother of the year, but she's better than the Nid trying to kill her right now, & far more useful to Ariel in the long run if she lives rather than dies. I adore Faen, but I REALLY hope she doesn't just sit back and watch while her mother dies, I had hoped she'd grown past this sort of thing, she can't just freeze up whenever something bad happens or eventually something like this could happen to Ariel or the kids.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Mizu » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:
almondbiscuit wrote:Faen, do *something*. Help her, kill her, don't just stand there gawping like a cow in the middle of a busy road!

Ditto, if Faen acts now she can still save Ash while this backstabbing wacko is busy ranting and raving. Even if Faen can't match her empathically, she can still smash her head in with her shield instead of just doing nothing. Ash may not be mother of the year, but she's better than the Nid trying to kill her right now, & far more useful to Ariel in the long run if she lives rather than dies. I adore Faen, but I REALLY hope she doesn't just sit back and watch while her mother dies, I had hoped she'd grown past this sort of thing, she can't just freeze up whenever something bad happens or eventually something like this could happen to Ariel or the kids.

Holding the door shut so nobody else can interfere is doing something.

Remember that time Ashie greeted her back home with an empathetic assault just to be a prick and no doubt has other off screen acts of callous dickery under her belt directed at Faen? I bet Faen sure does. She can't even remember Faen by any criteria other then how terrible her dad was in the sack when conceiving her. Even by drow standards she is a terrible mother. And is she really that big an asset? Most of whats she has done is things like ordering the ship to fire on Chiri's village and nearly get her skull caved in by a summon then abuse the person who saved her.

And Quill has earned a break but she better remember she is still on the clock and keep it short.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Oh man, I can't begin to imagine what is going on over in Chel if it is still worse than here.

I am kind of surprised Faen hasn't protected her mother yet - I mean yeah Faen isn't the most decisive person, but Ash felt her to be loyal, and as those baby-killing Sarghs found out she can vicious in her protectiveness. Ash must have really done something to piss Faen off if she is hesitating like this.

Bae's comments...I can't disagree entirely that they apply to Ash, but it feels a bit hypocritical coming from her, particularly the sadistic part. And let's be honest, it is pretty unfair to call someone paranoid when you are trying to kill them, and have planning to for a while now. ^^;
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Mizu » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:44 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:Oh man, I can't begin to imagine what is going on over in Chel if it is still worse than here.

I am kind of surprised Faen hasn't protected her mother yet - I mean yeah Faen isn't the most decisive person, but Ash felt her to be loyal, and as those baby-killing Sarghs found out she can vicious in her protectiveness. Ash must have really done something to piss Faen off if she is hesitating like this.

Bae's comments...I can't disagree entirely that they apply to Ash, but it feels a bit hypocritical coming from her, particularly the sadistic part. And let's be honest, it is pretty unfair to call someone paranoid when you are trying to kill them, and have planning to for a while now. ^^;

It can still be paranoia even if they actually are out to get you if you are crazy enough about it.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby HoneyBee » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Mizu wrote:

Holding the door shut so nobody else can interfere is doing something.

Remember that time Ashie greeted her back home with an empathetic assault just to be a prick and no doubt has other off screen acts of callous dickery under her belt directed at Faen? I bet Faen sure does. She can't even remember Faen by any criteria other then how terrible her dad was in the sack when conceiving her. Even by drow standards she is a terrible mother. And is she really that big an asset? Most of whats she has done is things like ordering the ship to fire on Chiri's village and nearly get her skull caved in by a summon then abuse the person who saved her.

And Quill has earned a break but she better remember she is still on the clock and keep it short.

I doubt Faen feels that way, simply because she's not portrayed as that kind of person to hold a grudge on that sort of thing... or anything really... but it sure'd make a lot of sense to just let her mother face some punishment. lol Though I really doubt that's the reason for her inaction. It's probably just because she's too meek, as always and yadda yadda.

And I agree that although Ash is shown as being a big asset we haven't seen much of it, to be honest, so whatevs..
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:25 am

Faen's clearly terrified right now.

While Faen has shown that she can beat Bae in the empathy arena, Faen had an army at her back to deal with Bae responding with physical violence.

That's not the case now.

Furthermore, the people on the other side of that door are clearly not allies, so focusing on keeping that door shut is a valid priority.

As others have mentioned, Ash has done a great deal of dickery on Faen for little to no reason, and the last person to come to Ash's aid got slammed around.

Then there's Faen's meek personality as a direct result of all the trauma she's already endured in her life...

Yeah. There's no good choice available to Faen right now.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Nothingness » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:57 am

Ditto, if Faen acts now she can still save Ash while this backstabbing wacko is busy ranting and raving. Even if Faen can't match her empathically, she can still smash her head in with her shield instead of just doing nothing.

Actually, Bae'rali herself admitted Faen is her superior in terms of share empathic power - Faen's empaathic abilities arre s great, Bae'rali mistook her for Ash, just based on the height "power level" she sensed.
She actually thought she can win with Faen only thanks to greater expirience, which Faen proved wrong, and pretty much reduced her to crying mess.

Which brings me to...:

Ash may not be mother of the year, but she's better than the Nid trying to kill her right now, & far more useful to Ariel in the long run if she lives rather than dies. I adore Faen, but I REALLY hope she doesn't just sit back and watch while her mother dies, I had hoped she'd grown past this sort of thing, she can't just freeze up whenever something bad happens or eventually something like this could happen to Ariel or the kids.

Junglefowl26 wrote:

I think this might sound crazy... but I think Faen might be here more on Bae's side. I think it's possible Bae at least partially persuaded Faen that Ash needs to be "removed", as she can be at times a dead weight, and at worst derimental.

I mean, as people noticed even here, since the recent time:
Mizu wrote:[And is she really that big an asset? Most of whats she has done is things like ordering the ship to fire on Chiri's village and nearly get her skull caved in by a summon then abuse the person who saved her.

So I think, at the very least, Bae managed to saw a serious seed of doubt into Faen's mind, if Ash is worth helping during their time together.

As I mean, if Faen and Ash worked, I'm pretty sure they could fairly easily at least disable Bae.

[EDIT]

What I mean, is that is Faen didn't exactly act yet, is because Bae at least partly swayed her to her cause of removing Ash.

To be clear, I don't say Faen in any way to swayed to join Snadhya, just that Bae manage to at leas partly convice Faen Ash should be killed.
Nothingness
Tainted

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:56 am

I don't think Faen thinks anyone should be killed. On this, she is very much like Ariel (even more if you think she feels the horror of murder in her very soul); yet, the wicked and ungrateful behavior of Ash probably shook her, as much as the torrent of anger Bae is showing.
And I am not positive Bae is so determined to kill Ash, or she would have already done it. Despite all the bragging and the violence, I bet she lacks the determination to get rid of her. Instead, she pours all her resentment and put her in helplessness, just to show her how the power has shifted.

Wait and see, but I guess our little Faen is still going to intervene before anybody gets more hurt.
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Is Ash'waren really worth saving?
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Moonless Age