Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 119

Re: Chapter 54 : page 119

Postby Moatl » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:55 pm

In Quill's place my weapon of choice would be a fish-knife:
:D
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Ra'tatosk » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Whizzard wrote:I called it - the armor indeed has underwater breathing. Makes sense given how the armor was stated to be environmentally sealed to protect against anything and seriously there's no way Drokkalfar didn't see the tactical benefit of walking their troops on the bottom of water bodies through the enemy's defences.

Well, it's not the first time somone has made an underwater march against the enemy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjJuZCECRu4
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Thrair » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:49 pm

Ra'tatosk wrote:
Whizzard wrote:I called it - the armor indeed has underwater breathing. Makes sense given how the armor was stated to be environmentally sealed to protect against anything and seriously there's no way Drokkalfar didn't see the tactical benefit of walking their troops on the bottom of water bodies through the enemy's defences.

Well, it's not the first time somone has made an underwater march against the enemy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjJuZCECRu4

Hell, not even the first time this chapter.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Postby Mizu » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:35 pm

Thats what you get for chucking a perfectly good sword in the lake like an OCD litterbug. Especially since you definitely already saw zombie demon drow things popping out of it and therefore knew it was a hazard even without Quil.

Edit: With Shodun exiting the stage soon how many special little snowflake 'talented' drow she spent all that trouble collecting are left? Just Mel?
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Postby MagicSkyshark » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:49 am

Never trust daemons.

Especially quite insane ones - like demon nurses, and the likes of them.
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Sionyx » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:23 am

Another one of those pages that makes me wonder what it's like for Kiel and now Sil'lice when some of the background babble in their heads unifies into one great big "I KNEW IT!!" before going back to talking about whatever.
Mizu wrote:Thats what you get for chucking a perfectly good sword in the lake like an OCD litterbug. Especially since you definitely already saw zombie demon drow things popping out of it and therefore knew it was a hazard even without Quil.

Edit: With Shodun exiting the stage soon how many special little snowflake 'talented' drow she spent all that trouble collecting are left? Just Mel?

We saw at the Felde gathering that not all of Snad's "collection" was in Chel, and Kern implied that the main reason Mel WASN'T already in Felde is in no small part Mel not wanting a political position in that city, since Laele was still around back then. There may still be some of those talented rejects hanging around. But without us having seen them in some fashion before now, more of them showing up would feel like something of an ass-pull...
Sionyx
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:34 am

'Lement wrote:So, from outside perspective, this looks like she was pulled under like all those others dragged down by zo---demon apocalypse. Quill'yate is a freaking carp.

@Moric: Pretty hard to move in, though - hard to run in water, after all, and it doesn't take much to stop a bullet either.

But I think something that wrecked a ship has the power to set water into motion to spare.

However, training and instincts dictate to not open her mouth and breathe in water, so it'd need some serious will and clear head to manage this suicide attack. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Snort.... BWAHAHAAHAHA!

Shodun has screwed herself over, but good. She's arrogantly killed or incapacitated everyone who could, or would want to, help her. Now she's facing a very, very, angry, determined, and skilled "problem" plus her pressure sorcery that she's so proud of is a liability. If she tries it, she can only use it once before swallows a lake full of water and sinks like a rock.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby katrover » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:41 am

DROWN HER!
katrover
Tainted

Postby Moric » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:53 am

Mizu wrote:Thats what you get for chucking a perfectly good sword in the lake like an OCD litterbug. Especially since you definitely already saw zombie demon drow things popping out of it and therefore knew it was a hazard even without Quil.

Come to think of it, how long was Quill'yate waiting for? If Shodun kept the sword as a trophy, she'd still be dry and safe(ish).

Well, minus Khaless, Femi, Kalki, Kyo'nne (turned), Mae'rali, Sae'rali, Sal'bara, Shodun, Wa'luin, Yuh'le, etc., I'd say not a whole lot. Bae'rali (empath) may be going suicide/kill soon, Elham (Daydream high sorcery), Mel'arnach (shapeshifter), Tanavya (Daydream high sorcery), Wi'am (science), Fia'nova (sapient demon) and Cy'ril (wood affinity, poisons) seem to be the most unique Nids left.
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby 'Lement » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:31 am

Yeah, she has to make do with recruiting normalish drow like Adira and Nehle to fill the holes. It's also possible Yuh'le's daughter will play assassin behind walls; it's been three years and Ariel and Kharla made their first kills earlier after all.

Though the only unique thing about Kalki was her insanity, and empaths/spellsingers are relatively common as well, being clan themes.

@Screamsong: Oh, no doubt it'd be far deadlier when it overcomes water inertia.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Postby Mizu » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:54 am

'Lement wrote:Yeah, she has to make do with recruiting normalish drow like Adira and Nehle to fill the holes. It's also possible Yuh'le's daughter will play assassin behind walls; it's been three years and Ariel and Kharla made their first kills earlier after all.

Though the only unique thing about Kalki was her insanity, and empaths/spellsingers are relatively common as well, being clan themes.

I mean, she lasted more then 5 seconds against her aunt so she had some pretty abnormal combat strength. If she hadn't been drunk, unarmed, unarmored, and screwing around Ariel would never have had a chance.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 am

Mizu wrote:
'Lement wrote:Yeah, she has to make do with recruiting normalish drow like Adira and Nehle to fill the holes. It's also possible Yuh'le's daughter will play assassin behind walls; it's been three years and Ariel and Kharla made their first kills earlier after all.

I mean, she lasted more then 5 seconds against her aunt so she had some pretty abnormal combat strength. If she hadn't been drunk, unarmed, unarmored, and screwing around Ariel would never have had a chance.

In all fairness, Ariel was unarmored, unarmed, and dis-armed in a literal sense, meaning she was probably in a lot of pain and visibly exhausted at many points - overall, Ariel was a lot worse off than Kalki was in that confrontation.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby OnlyHazeRemains » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:56 pm

Haha! Finally a moment of awesome for one of the "good guys". Drown that bitch, Quill!
OnlyHazeRemains
Summoner

Location: “My name is Lulianne Val’Dutan’vir. You’ve killed my clan. Prepare to die.”

Postby Zaber » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:34 pm

......Unless Quill has turned demon too... I mean we haven't seen her face yet.... Here's hoping that's not the case.
Zaber
Nether Spawn

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Tainted Messiah » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:44 pm

I just wanted to take a moment so we can all appreciate just how great that second last frame of Shodun falling into the water looks.. I mean DAMN both of those last frames look great but just the brush work on that is amazing great job Kern / Kite.

As for the story eh likely Quill isn't a demon and if the suit really is 'sealed' ( which it obviously can't be completely because we see her hand in the 4th panel but ignoring that ) then she could likely be breathing but I imagine the oxygen would be pretty limited in that suit. Based on current events I really don't think Shodun is gonna survive this one the only question for me right now is if Quill is going to end up going down with her.
Tainted Messiah
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age