Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 117B

Chapter 54 : page 117B

Postby Kern » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:42 am

The moment before the rebirth of the owls.
Because i colored the last page(117) before our travel it lead to our buffer to be depleted, nothing for kite to color last week. and it turn out i needed more time to catch up on work, so! One last additional scene by Kite that show what happened under the water, page 118 is drawn and will go up after this one
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 117B

Postby wolfdancer95 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:47 am

Confirmed nurse demons taking over the owls :<
wolfdancer95
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:50 am

wolfdancer95 wrote:Confirmed nurse demons taking over the owls :<

Technically speaking this would be the opposite wouldn't it? In that the Owls take in the nurse demons to keep fighting the good fight.
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:28 pm

So the Nurse demons are involved and they're angry...

Oh, tsk, tsk, Nids. What were you thinking throwing dying fae into a lake with demons in it?
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Whizzard » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Dramatic reenactment of this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qReOqTby8Sk&t=4m39s
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby PSadlon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Our object lesson for today, kids, is if you are gonna dump a bunch of bodies the same place that a demon or a bunch of demons just fell apart in, make sure they are actually, truly dead and not simply dying.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:05 pm

That page makes me wonder if, after the battle, the owls will retain some of their personnalities, be able to heal their wounds and return home, and, basically, restore themselves. :3

Or if they'll have to be put down because they would be only good at spreading death, a pale imitation of their former selves. :(

It's weird to see Kite's drawing style used to portray such a dark moment. Makes the owls death even sadder when they're drawn in this cute chibi style. *crying*
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Snad: Note to self, demons way too helpful. Need to dial that down next time.

(If it is the nurse demons, I wonder why they still have two eyes? Or was not the demons at all, and the nurse demons were possessing Jaal biogolems before?)
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Tainted Messiah » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:It's weird to see Kite's drawing style used to portray such a dark moment. Makes the owls death even sadder when they're drawn in this cute chibi style. *crying*

Yeah gotta admit this threw me off as well... my first reaction was 'da fuq darkest chibi page ever' haha but interesting to get that extra detail we might not of otherwise gotten.

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:That page makes me wonder if, after the battle, the owls will retain some of their personnalities, be able to heal their wounds and return home, and, basically, restore themselves. :3

Amusing idea but from the look of a couple of those owls... ie. snake tongues etc. and our favorite owl's left arm basically hanging off her... still wouldn't hold out alot of hope for that. ^^;

That said they seem like the sort that would be satisfied so long as they got to take down the enemy with them so here is to hoping for that at least. :3
Tainted Messiah
Demon

Postby vernes » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:45 pm

I might be late to with this theory.
But it seems the drowtales world is slowly introducing sensible demons.
I'm putting my money on demon civilians living peacefully outside the nether.
Additional bet on Kiel being involved somehow.
vernes
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:03 pm

vernes wrote:I might be late to with this theory.
But it seems the drowtales world is slowly introducing sensible demons.
I'm putting my money on demon civilians living peacefully outside the nether.
Additional bet on Kiel being involved somehow.

Even before this I think we have seen that sentient demons can more or less fit into society. I mean, none of the ones I can think of are particularly nice, but still seem like people ya know? Like the dragon girl - Discordia I want to say - loved a good fight against strong opponents, but we also saw her just chilling out, enjoying the breeze above a city, not bothering anyone, and giving the Vlozz hunting team a chance to stand down before combat. And there was that one during the puppeteering incident who told Zala he didn't understand what was going on either - I got the impression he just kind of a normal Vloz member (well, by Vlozz definitions of normal anyway). Umpus might have been a utilitarian fanatic, but he wasn't some kind of murderbeast
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Aurawyn » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:18 pm

Well, this just brings up the age old debate of "Is someone who merged with a demon still the same person" Because I think that's obvious what happened.. the Nurse Demons were loose.. found someone who desperately needed assistance.. and they merged into a new being...
Aurawyn
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby vernes » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:45 am

although also interesting, I was saying the demon fauna is just as rich as the drowworld one.
But so far the summoners have been randomly pulling animals that were simple enough to lure using a bit of mana.
The drow have been putting nether- spiders, birds, rats in their heads to guard it against nether- bears, wolves and other overwhelming demons.

I'm saying that if the nether allows for a natural evolution, sapient demons could be a thing as well.
Sapient of themselves, not through merging with their sapient host.
vernes
Summoner

Return to Moonless Age