Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 114

Chapter 54 : page 114

Postby Kern » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:36 am

The final of the vacation special with the reveal of what will happen to the ship. Regular fully colored pages will resume on monday.
And yes it will be following the whole owls demons rising thing on monday. I wouldn't have dared try to do more outside Felde scenes by myself while these indoor scenes felt like they could be made faster given the limited time i had for the vacation. As for the current page topic, i mean, what could go wrong right?! It still anchored to the tower, Snadhya's tower, lets blow it up :D
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 114

Postby Mizu » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:38 am

Well, this venture has ended poorly for every single faction involved.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:50 am

Tragic to see such a priceless relic and useful piece of technology consigned to oblivion, but I can understand the choice given the situation.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:02 am

Waaaitaminnit, Xann'dor. If everyone gets off the Mistwhale, and it blows up still moored to Snad's tower, where are the people getting off the ship going TO? *eek* This very well could bring down the whole tower, as the platform isn't at the top of the tower. If the explosion is big enough to take out that level of the tower, the upper levels could collapse onto the lower ones, bringing the works down jenga-style. Anywhere near ground zero is gonna be unsafe, for anyone involved (see Skyhole incident), particularly for the Wolfpack marooned inside the tower with hostile forces blocking egress
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:Waaaitaminnit, Xann'dor. If everyone gets off the Mistwhale, and it blows up still moored to Snad's tower, where are the people getting off the ship going TO? *eek* This very well could bring down the whole tower, as the platform isn't at the top of the tower. If the explosion is big enough to take out that level of the tower, the upper levels could collapse onto the lower ones, bringing the works down jenga-style. Anywhere near ground zero is gonna be unsafe, for anyone involved (see Skyhole incident), particularly for the Wolfpack marooned inside the tower with hostile forces blocking egress

Considering said forces are doomed to death if Sang gets ahold of them, yeah, failing to see the incentive to stop the explosion.

Sang, your "victory" is going to be very, very costly. You, of all people, should have known better than to corner "reckless" individuals...
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby Moric » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:20 pm

I still think firing the port quarter guns (bypassing power regulation as well, so what if the guns melt?) would be more useful than a simple explosion.

An explosion would need to have tremendous concussive force to bring down the building, otherwise it will just damage the surface. Even if that were to work, there would be nowhere for the Wolfpack to hide as it crumbled.

On the other hand, firing the guns straight into the building, at an angle, would penetrate deep into the structure of the tower. The top would tip over onto the Legion and Feldian defenses below, the ship itself might melt and explode anyways, and the backside of the two legs of the tower (see here) should be safe from the collapse.

But then, that's too well thought out for it to be a Kiel-based plan.
Moric
Demon

Postby Moric » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:32 am

Also, what makes it necessary for somebody to stay aboard to blow up the ship? A runaway chain reaction can pretty much manage itself. Sure you may not get to safety in time, but running is still an option.

Yes, I know, because plot. *upset*
Moric
Demon

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:43 am

Moric wrote:Also, what makes it necessary for somebody to stay aboard to blow up the ship? A runaway chain reaction can pretty much manage itself. Sure you may not get to safety in time, but running is still an option.

Makes me wonder if he intends to "fly" it off the platform, eh? B) With the propeller shot, and no airbag, it's not flying far, but down off the platform to glide down to whatever hostile forces are at ground level is an option, no?
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Postby sunhawk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:24 am

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:
Moric wrote:Also, what makes it necessary for somebody to stay aboard to blow up the ship? A runaway chain reaction can pretty much manage itself. Sure you may not get to safety in time, but running is still an option.

Makes me wonder if he intends to "fly" it off the platform, eh? B) With the propeller shot, and no airbag, it's not flying far, but down off the platform to glide down to whatever hostile forces are at ground level is an option, no?

The ship, sharen hover platforms, golem power armor, and those little golem drones all work on the same principles. The ship has a floating core. Which should enable it to move.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Ugh! Stop already, Xann'dor! You are going to ruin a perfectly good Demon Zombie Apocalypse! I want that out of control giant Nether Gate to keep destroying Felde!
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Moric » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:11 am

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Ugh! Stop already, Xann'dor! You are going to ruin a perfectly good Demon Zombie Apocalypse! I want that out of control giant Nether Gate to keep destroying Felde!

No guarantee that the gate hasn't already been shut down anyway. There's plenty of free demons flying about anyhow, so if anything, we need more dying drow hosts, so bring down the tower!
Moric
Demon

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:41 pm

Remember what happened to Ariel's...er...older sister?aunt?whatever Laele? B) So I have two words for if that demon gate does go diarrhea:

Demon Ariel :V

Demon Ariel
Her eyes are as red as her hair
Demon Ariel
The storyline won't be safe anywhere
Demon Ariel
She's gonna change the world oh yeah
Demon Ariel
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Image *bigsmile*
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Postby Moric » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:05 am

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:Remember what happened to Ariel's...er...older sister?aunt?whatever Laele? B) So I have two words for if that demon gate does go diarrhea:

Demon Ariel :V

Demon Ariel
Her eyes are as red as her hair
Demon Ariel
The storyline won't be safe anywhere
Demon Ariel
She's gonna change the world oh yeah
Demon Ariel
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Another Khaless!?
Moric
Demon