Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 113

Chapter 54 : page 113

Postby Thrair » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:06 am

Last of the pages autoposted during Kern/Kite's vacation. They're back now, following over 12 hours of flying, and some layover waiting. May they recover from the dreaded illness that is jet-lag. Next page's forum thread will be posted by Kern, and not some random schmuck.

Seems like the old man here was about ready to call it quits, but had an idea. Considering Kiel's name provided the inspiration for said idea, this is probably a very BAD idea. Or at least batshit crazy. Cast list below (It's short).

Cameo: Koana, Xann'dor.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 113

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:19 am

I just realized this Xann'dor was not the same person as Araa'toskr
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:34 am

It's his pa B) Having flashbacks to Kiel's foray into the Beld clanhold with the turtle golem, and Jysmur setting off the FEEERT bomb *doh* It must have been a good distraction, because most of Kiel's team got out of there (only Elbinac and Cacbolg died afaik). Considering how Xann'dor's busting up the works with the shovel, I suspect he's rigging the airship to become a flying (falling) bomb by having it fall off the platform and perhaps onto Adira's troops. Sure, it probably won't wipe 'em out Deus Ex Machina fashion. But imagine, the blast could be powerful enough to blow all of Adira's forces into the water in front of them. And who's waiting in the dark, deep, fetid waters? :V
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:01 am

....They gonna blow up the ship?

Not sure what that will accomplish, but I am impressed at the level of spite on display.

(Why does no one even consider surrender? I don't expect it to end that way, but it feels weird for it to not even be brought up)

Though...he does mention going back to work for the Nids...when was he working for them before?

...also, is that the first time someone has called them "the Nids" in canon?
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Whizzard » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:08 am

"Nids" was probably a popular nickname all the way back in Nidra'chaal war and if you are aware that Feldians are Nids, you'd probably call them that.

Also, someone has to stay behind and activate the engine if they want to drop it onto the forces below... "Witness me!"
Last edited by Whizzard on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 am

UUUuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............. Ok but THINK OF THE CHILLEN!? Cause this endangers them a lot more. Unless they are planning a burst of propulsion off the tower and have the airship float on water, cause I COULD see that as a possibility. They might not be able to fly, however it is very much still a ship.
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Postby MagicSkyshark » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:02 am

i got a bad feeling about this idea...

unless the ship has in-built telepoter or similar device...

ship without blimp could still fly, btw, so i guess they want to give its floating part more power and then use cannons as makeshift rocket boosters?

also, ''Nids" )))
in 40k, it's the nickname of zounds of mindless killer critters and huge mewnsters, controlled by the great mastermind.
quite fitting ; )
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby MagicSkyshark » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:05 am

Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo wrote:UUUuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............. Ok but THINK OF THE CHILLEN!? Cause this endangers them a lot more. Unless they are planning a burst of propulsion off the tower and have the airship float on water, cause I COULD see that as a possibility. They might not be able to fly, however it is very much still a ship.

there is at least a couple of breaches in the lower hull of the ship, so i dont think that this is great idea
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:34 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:....They gonna blow up the ship?

Not sure what that will accomplish, but I am impressed at the level of spite on display.

(Why does no one even consider surrender? I don't expect it to end that way, but it feels weird for it to not even be brought up)

Though...he does mention going back to work for the Nids...when was he working for them before?

...also, is that the first time someone has called them "the Nids" in canon?

Surrender=death, or worse. Regardless of who you're surrendering to.

Yeah. I think whatever he's got planned can't be worse than what they're facing now. I mean, Sang did say all of them would be executed, regardless. (Pretty stupid, btw, as it gives them damn good reason to want to fight to the end, and she dares call others reckless.)

We'll just have to wait and see. (Bites nails in anticipation.)
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby El Bandito » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:48 am

When all else fails, emulate Kiel!
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby MagicSkyshark » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:44 pm

El Bandito wrote:When all else fails, emulate Kiel!

Might i say that this is quite dangerous course of action, as Kiel is crazy and very lucky, also, she is Merged and hence - somewhat more resilient to perils of the crazy and brash actions ; )
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Postby Whizzard » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Kiel's plans work because they are crazy and crazy makes her plans unpredictable and difficult to counter. Also, the thinking is out of the box and as such her enemies haven't even thought to prepare for anything she pulls. I guess the dude here momentarily also thought out of the box and is now pulling a plan that could potentially throw enemies into disarray as they wouldn't know how to react. "Airship falling out of the sky and exploding wasn't in the training!!!"
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Moric » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Hmmm.

1. While making the ship explode might so some damage, it has no chance of winning the day.
2. Making the ship jump down is also of little tactical value.
3. Thou shalt not invoke Kiel'ndia's name and not pull some obscene stunt that upends the entire situation.

That said, there are guns on the tower side. Blow the works on one salvo turned to 11 and slice the top from the bottom - let gravity do the rest.
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Marcellogo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Something to consider: OCTARYA AND PELAN ARE ONBOARD!
Marcellogo
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:59 pm

Considering how Xann'dor is lamenting how his dear son is going to die, I wonder if he cares about Octarya and Pelan, or even is aware they are on board? :( Then again, if there are holes in the hull already, maybe the Wolfpack can jump out of one of 'em before the ship goes over the side? But if there are holes big enough for that, why haven't the Feldians used them to get aboard instead of trying to prise open the one deck hatch? *hmmm*
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Next

Return to Moonless Age