Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 112

Chapter 54 : page 112

Postby Thrair » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:02 am

Third of the pages auto-posted during Kern and Kite's vacation.This one lacks the usual shading, as it was a solo page by Kern and he was running short of time before the trip to Japan.

Seems like the Airship is on its last legs, getting ready to fire one last salvo out of spite as Feldians cut their way through the outer hatch. Cast list is below.

Main Cast: Octarya, Pelan, Thera. Cameo: Koana, Xann'dor.

PS: This snaps back to page 112.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 118

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:21 am

Until I saw her legs, I thought Thera was Kyo'nne B) Had to go back to page 111 to verify what Kyo was "NO"-ing about

And I guess the Feldians have taken the main deck of the airship, but can't cut their way into the hull thanks to counter-affinity from the inside. But now that they ARE aboard, I suppose the Mistwhale is safe from counterbattery fire from the Feldian artillery. So what would Xann'dor shoot the cannons at, one last time? *hmmm*
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Chapter 54 : page 118

Postby Junglefowl26 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:28 am

One last shot....any way to make it count?

Maybe if they could get the Feldian commander...though she will be tied up with zombies anyway, and even if not the Sargh legion is the bigger and more immediate threat.

Could use the cannons to knock the airship off the platform? Wait, that wouldn't help at all....

There has to be something I am missing.

Until I saw her legs, I thought Thera was Kyo'nne

Good to know I am not the only one who made that mistake. :V
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Chapter 54 : page 112

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:17 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:
I wrote:Until I saw her legs, I thought Thera was Kyo'nne

Good to know I am not the only one who made that mistake. :V

It's that haircut and ornament she's wearing ;) At least the kids are in good hands...as long as the hatch holds...
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:46 am

Oh shit, I forgot the children were there...!
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:41 am

SAVE THE CHILLENS!
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Postby MagicSkyshark » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:07 pm

One should never take children anywhere near the military actions or, in this case, directly at them.

Also...

So the depleted mana core of such magnitude can be recharged in, say, mere hour??
(or so...the fighting was not very lenghty.)
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:19 pm

MagicSkyshark wrote:One should never take children anywhere near the military actions or, in this case, directly at them.

Also...

So the depleted mana core of such magnitude can be recharged in, say, mere hour??

And pray tell, where would they be safe?

The Kyorl colony? Sang would take them hostage or kill them.

Ys? Too many unknown Snad sympathizers.

Matchike? Probably first place Sang looked, even if it wasn't, Matchike is infested with assassins, reduced to rubble, and prime target practice for that fanatic goblin horde.

Even with all its flaws, the airship was the best place for them.

Still, what are they going to shoot at, now that they have cannons again?
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Postby Margirita » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:35 pm

We need a secret Snad tunnel out right about now. If she's a good super villan she should have one. I think it mandatory in the manual.

On a side note: Am I the only one with the odd feeling that Snad rigged that gate to "Accidently" explode in her absence. She just had the 2 competitor's on the surface taken out, all she has to do is make the cave un-habitable and everyone now has to play by her rules to survive.
Margirita
Summoner

Postby Finn MacCool » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:26 pm

MagicSkyshark wrote:So the depleted mana core of such magnitude can be recharged in, say, mere hour??

Partially, yes.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Postby Moric » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 pm

MagicSkyshark wrote:So the depleted mana core of such magnitude can be recharged in, say, mere hour??

Mana rich environment, a dozen or so drow, perhaps even an ambient mana extraction device built in, so yeah, charged up for one more salvo.

Also, we don't have a clue about the duration of the battle. The guns stopped shortly after they unleashed their last reserves when the stray lewd tentacle demons ate the Feldian's shields.

Since then:
- The owls were picked off. Considering how irritating they were to kill in the previous battle of Felde, and the casualties they were suffering early on, this took some time.

- Sang's infantry-based Legion marched from out-of-sight through the city, damaged bridges and all, helped kill owls, and shouted sense into Adira.

- The Legion has pushed through defenses -upwards- into the tower. Room to room fighting is slow going if you want to live.

- The ones attacking the ship are Feldian militia, not Sarghress. They were not in the vanguard.

So, this could be hours after the fact.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Return to Moonless Age