Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 117

Re: Chapter 54 : page 117

Postby Medrex » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:00 am

...Well this can only end well
Medrex
Tainted

Postby James Rye » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:39 am

Hell yeah for Demon Zombie Apocalypse!
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Moric » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:47 am

IkaikaKekai wrote:There is a LARGE cluster of metal songs that have been playing for the past page now. After this page that cluster just got bigger.

An old one - ♪Generals gathered in their masses...♪

Even though I didn't go metal for the theme to this one. CCR's "Bad Moon Rising" came to mind first.
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby almondbiscuit » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:08 pm

If it wasn't for the fact that one of them's already physically eaten a corpse-tosser, I would figure this is just the nurses grabbing new bodies after their old ones gave out. Zombie feeding puts it into a new ballgame. Or maybe the nurses have just gained the capability to be pissed. And hungry. :U
almondbiscuit
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Moatl » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:02 pm

The last panel is worth a meme: »...Did you have a nice day at work, honney?«

:D
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Ardan Styyx » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Smokehammer wrote:This shouldn't be anything to worry about. Both the Nidraa AND the Sarghress already faced a demon zombie army(or made one, as far as the former is concerned) and emerged victorious. That was at the very beginning of this story before sealing became widespread. Why would a smaller outbreak be any threat what so ever? The demon saturation levels from the massive open gate? If thats the case, and more and more people are being "eaten" then only the tainted should survive this(assuming they can melee the non-tainted turned demons down), still putting the Nidraa at a distinct advantage over Ariel & Co.

Basically if this is bad enough to destroy the Nidraa, then Ariel & friends surviving is pure BS unless they can somehow manage to hide under a snuggly pile of ferals so deep that the demons cant see their auras. I dont think they have that many cats.

Well, if those demons behave in a more "Naal" way, they could actually remember what motivated them - or their host - the most. In the Owl's case, kicking the ass of Feldians. Considering the majority of casualties seems to be on the Wolfpack and co.'s side, I would not be so sure about the Nids having such a pleasant time in the coming minutes.

However, it is just a mere break for the deep shit the heroes are in, and I still wonder how they are going to save their asses.

For now though, Drow-zombie apocalypse is finally a fun perspective after pages of depressing failure :P
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby jarek56 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Smokehammer wrote:This shouldn't be anything to worry about. Both the Nidraa AND the Sarghress already faced a demon zombie army(or made one, as far as the former is concerned) and emerged victorious. That was at the very beginning of this story before sealing became widespread. Why would a smaller outbreak be any threat what so ever? The demon saturation levels from the massive open gate? If thats the case, and more and more people are being "eaten" then only the tainted should survive this(assuming they can melee the non-tainted turned demons down), still putting the Nidraa at a distinct advantage over Ariel & Co.

Basically if this is bad enough to destroy the Nidraa, then Ariel & friends surviving is pure BS unless they can somehow manage to hide under a snuggly pile of ferals so deep that the demons cant see their auras. I dont think they have that many cats.

This so damn HARD. Though something tells me that, realistically, Drowtales is only gonna end with everything either dead or tainted to hell and back.
jarek56
Summoner

Postby Moric » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:54 pm

Ummm, these Feldian forces aren't the Nids. Adira's eyes are green. Also, the Sarghress probably didn't send a ton of sealers against the Wolfpack, as they don't have many summoners, and the airship.

Doom Chinchilla wrote:So, is this a special kind of demon who can raise corpses? Or maybe dead drow keep their auras for a bit after death, allowing demons to merge with them?

I remember DemonNaal feeling tempted to merge with a drow corpse...

The aura survives for a while after death, otherwise traditional summoning wouldn't work. A really good example is Ran'diirk's suicide attack in Felde. As for demon type, it is probably a mix of nurses and lewd tentacles.
Moric
Summoner

Postby 'Lement » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:32 pm

almondbiscuit wrote:If it wasn't for the fact that one of them's already physically eaten a corpse-tosser, I would figure this is just the nurses grabbing new bodies after their old ones gave out. Zombie feeding puts it into a new ballgame. Or maybe the nurses have just gained the capability to be pissed. And hungry. :U

That's...nicely put!

Good - "Hey, the nurses are back, just going to reformat the bodies now! I wonder if they'll be visibly pregnant again?"

Bad - "Those aren't nurses."

Very Bad - "Oh, they are."
Moric wrote:The aura survives for a while after death, otherwise traditional summoning wouldn't work. A really good example is Ran'diirk's suicide attack in Felde. As for demon type, it is probably a mix of nurses and lewd tentacles.

Stunningly B̶a̶d̶ Bae

Lewd tentacles and nurses sounds better though.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:36 pm

That's not the return I was hoping for. :(

Even if Chakri came back to the surface, my hope for KauXChakri's ship to sail again remains at the bottom of the lake. *crying*

If what she's holding is the face of the corpse-tosser, that must have been painful beyond belief. *eek*

This scene suddenly reminds me of the one in season 5 of Game of Thrones, "Hardhome".
The theme would fit here very well.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Ardan Styyx » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:Even if Chakri came back to the surface, my hope for KauXChakri's ship to sail again remains at the bottom of the lake. *crying*

Totally with you on that one. Although it is probably for the best for Kau... ;)
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Smokehammer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Moric wrote: Ummm, these Feldian forces aren't the Nids. Adira's eyes are green. Also, the Sarghress probably didn't send a ton of sealers against the Wolfpack, as they don't have many summoners, and the airship.
But in the beginning of the story the Sarghress had few, if any summoners beyond the defected Kyorl -yet they still held off the Nidraa zombies which is why I specifically mentioned it. Then many years after the army possessed so many sealers that effectively nether summoning wasnt an advantage for Sarv'swati's forces. AND we do see tainted Sharen amongst the Wolf pack, and Sang did indeed attack a Kyorl colony, and the Kyorl are all summoners and sealers. Its highly unlikely that Sang didnt bring sealers if for no other reason than 1 in every 10 Sargs is one. As far as the Feldians, well they're are backed up BY nether summoners -why on earth wouldnt they at least be taught to seal to defend themselves? It's beyond odd at this point with how effective sealing is vs demonology that nearly everyone who was a fighter wouldnt have some rudimentary knowledge of sealing. That includes Kel, Ariel, Faen etc as well of course, but that goes back to being a numbers game which isnt in their favor.

But lets assume for a second that Sang doesnt have the where with all to fight this based off whatever Kyo did, and that the Feldian's cant effectively fight the zombies. The Wolf Pack is trapped in a tower surrounded by a force of zombies that TWO ARMIES couldnt defeat. Unless Kiel comes riding in on Sillice to save the day, they should suffer the same fate as the Feldians & Sarghress.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Irae Maeviir wrote:I think the reason for the dying attracting demons is easy. They are basically leaking their auras to their surroundings. Like an open faucet, as opposed to those who overextend with mana arts, who basically burn their own auras out and age rapidly or die as a result.

True, that makes a lot of sense as a factor.

But it also seems to me that a health drow can resist demonic possession and attack to an extent (Silice did get through hours of fighting in an area saturated with thousands of demons alive and untainted, despite a lack of sealers) whereas the wounded almost always seem to be taken over or tainted.

Demons have ridiculous capability to reshape flesh, and slightly less ridiculous ability to immediatelly control the resulting flesh well (well meaning extremely complicated and difficult actions requiring years of training (unless you're a baby) like poking your own nose).

True - though interestingly it only seems to apply to the first possession. After that, demons show no special shapeshifting or healing properties.

almondbiscuit wrote:If it wasn't for the fact that one of them's already physically eaten a corpse-tosser, I would figure this is just the nurses grabbing new bodies after their old ones gave out. Zombie feeding puts it into a new ballgame. Or maybe the nurses have just gained the capability to be pissed. And hungry. :U

Yeah - I was thinking they were the nurse demons at first, given the location, but looking again, I am pretty sure these are different. Besides the difference in behavior, the appearance is different - nurse demons have a distinctive eyeball shape in their nether forms, but looking in the background of this page we the serpent/jawed worm look of normal demons.

Maybe the big gate is leaking, or maybe this is a side effect of Nehle's portal, but in either case I think we got some normal demons here.

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:That's not the return I was hoping for. :(

Even if Chakri came back to the surface, my hope for KauXChakri's ship to sail again remains at the bottom of the lake. *crying*

If what she's holding is the face of the corpse-tosser, that must have been painful beyond belief. *eek*

This scene suddenly reminds me of the one in season 5 of Game of Thrones, "Hardhome".

Sorry about your ship.

Nothing goes right in Kau's life - sister dies, seperated from mother, father trying to kill him, people keep breaking his golems....
I would say "At least Kyo is still alive" since he is crushing on her, but I fear saying that would put Kyo's life in danger.

Good reference and excellent music choice.

My own music choice for this page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dykPCTfEOo
Or maybe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBTThmI99Vo
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Smokehammer wrote:But lets assume for a second that Sang doesnt have the where with all to fight this based off whatever Kyo did, and that the Feldian's cant effectively fight the zombies. The Wolf Pack is trapped in a tower surrounded by a force of zombies that TWO ARMIES couldnt defeat. Unless Kiel comes riding in on Sillice to save the day, they should suffer the same fate as the Feldians & Sarghress.

Snadhya probably has a secret tunnel/escape route somewhere, and the one or two surviving nurses probably know about it. If the Kyorl sealers protect the Wolf Pack while they escape, they can get out of Felde safely, I think...

Junglefowl26 wrote:
Black Knight LeFreux wrote:That's not the return I was hoping for. :(

Sorry about your ship.

Nothing goes right in Kau's life - sister dies, seperated from mother, father trying to kill him, people keep breaking his golems....
I would say "At least Kyo is still alive" since he is crushing on her, but I fear saying that would put Kyo's life in danger.

Good reference and excellent music choice.

My own music choice for this page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dykPCTfEOo
Or maybe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBTThmI99Vo

My bet is Kau growing a third eye, Sazan Eyes style, and developing a symbiotic relationship with his Eye Demon...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby DragonLizardJareth » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:46 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen... we have zombies... and they be pissed.
DragonLizardJareth
Tik'tikki

Clan: Jaal'darya

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age