Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 117

Chapter 54 : page 117

Postby Thrair » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:05 am

First of the comics getting autoposted while Kern and Kite are on vacation. There will be 3 regular pages and one Kite-chibi, iirc. With one posted every 2 days at Midnight (GMT -5).

For this one.... Chakri is back. And this would NOT appear to be a good thing. I would be sad, but I'm busy bein' slightly horrified.

PS: For those curious, this page was drawn and shaded by Kern alone. A rare look at his own take on the shading and background. You'll note the tag the bottom says merely "By Kern" instead of the usual "By Kern, Kite". Just some trivia for ya.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 117

Postby sunhawk » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:08 am

Night of the Living-ish Dead.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Tainted Messiah » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:16 am

God damn we going all horror movie fast on this one... if that was my cameo though I would think that was completely badass haha

So alright demons be leaking out from the gate I assume and are latching onto the bodies... looks cool but seems oddly against at least what I understand for demons. That being that they are attracted to stronger sources of mana so why would a bunch of them be attracted to a bunch of almost dead people drowning in the lake.

I would have to think that would just look like a small fading light to them yet here we are with a dawn of the dead moment..

It's cool and I think it's a great image it just has me a bit confused. ^^;
Tainted Messiah
Demon

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:51 am

Place nurse demons into the lake, add dying folks, add a pinch of still kicking folks, bring to a boil. Voila, fifth column? Or a batch of berserkers? Can't wait to see *oops*

those circling demons look like red Hitodama ~~~~~ *bigsmile*

btw thanks Thrair o/
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:28 am

Yeah... I can already tell that Felde is going to be a huge red spot by the end of this. Like full out we are about to see a nether demon outbreak. And well the Kyorls are pretty much nowhere near able to handle something like this with how they are now in terms of condition. This is basically going to sign the warrant that this city is going to be having to be abandoned at this point. And Snad will not be pleased that their precious city that they have created, well is going to be nigh unapproachable.

EDIT: This now makes me TERRIFIED for Faen's safety! Oh dear Sharess, protect Faen plz
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Postby katrover » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:39 am

Yay, Chakri's back! As a demon, yes, but I'll take what I can get!
katrover
Tainted

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:47 am

Zombie Chakri: Hey Nids, do you want to party? *zombie* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8TWgOHWeig&t=56s

}:3
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:10 am

Kern did always want a drow zombie apocalypse.

Just another factor in this total cluster-**** of a battle.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Smokehammer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:58 am

This shouldn't be anything to worry about. Both the Nidraa AND the Sarghress already faced a demon zombie army(or made one, as far as the former is concerned) and emerged victorious. That was at the very beginning of this story before sealing became widespread. Why would a smaller outbreak be any threat what so ever? The demon saturation levels from the massive open gate? If thats the case, and more and more people are being "eaten" then only the tainted should survive this(assuming they can melee the non-tainted turned demons down), still putting the Nidraa at a distinct advantage over Ariel & Co.

Basically if this is bad enough to destroy the Nidraa, then Ariel & friends surviving is pure BS unless they can somehow manage to hide under a snuggly pile of ferals so deep that the demons cant see their auras. I dont think they have that many cats.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby IkaikaKekai » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:03 am

There is a LARGE cluster of metal songs that have been playing for the past page now. After this page that cluster just got bigger.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kardwill » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:16 am

sunhawk wrote:Night of the Living-ish Dead.

Damn, I was going to say Night of the living owl ^^

"Hey, let's chuck all those bodies to rot into our main water source, where the enemy already dropped a giant demon. Since we're immune to disease, no chance it would ever backfire on us, right?"

And is this a siren shred she's holding, or what is left of the missing guard? Yikes!
Kardwill
Summoner

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:23 am

So, is this a special kind of demon who can raise corpses? Or maybe dead drow keep their auras for a bit after death, allowing demons to merge with them?

I remember DemonNaal feeling tempted to merge with a drow corpse...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:40 am

Smokehammer wrote:This shouldn't be anything to worry about. Both the Nidraa AND the Sarghress already faced a demon zombie army(or made one, as far as the former is concerned) and emerged victorious. That was at the very beginning of this story before sealing became widespread. Why would a smaller outbreak be any threat what so ever? The demon saturation levels from the massive open gate? If thats the case, and more and more people are being "eaten" then only the tainted should survive this(assuming they can melee the non-tainted turned demons down), still putting the Nidraa at a distinct advantage over Ariel & Co.

Basically if this is bad enough to destroy the Nidraa, then Ariel & friends surviving is pure BS unless they can somehow manage to hide under a snuggly pile of ferals so deep that the demons cant see their auras. I dont think they have that many cats.

Well, the Feldian militia is already beat up...

Plus, sometimes all you need is a distraction at the right place at the right time...

(Though admittedly it looks like the Feldians were sitting out the rest of this fight so this doesn't help with the Legion)

Doom Chinchilla wrote:So, is this a special kind of demon who can raise corpses? Or maybe dead drow keep their auras for a bit after death, allowing demons to merge with them?

I remember DemonNaal feeling tempted to merge with a drow corpse...

I think it is mostly like that the possessed here were dying but not yet dead.

Frankly, even some of the most lethal looking wounds can leave you taking hours or even days before you finally die from it.

(It think it has also been fairly consistent that the more hurt and tired you are the easier it is for a demon to take over, so that would explain why it is the owls being taken over)
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Irae Maeviir » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:38 am

I think the reason for the dying attracting demons is easy. They are basically leaking their auras to their surroundings. Like an open faucet, as opposed to those who overextend with mana arts, who basically burn their own auras out and age rapidly or die as a result.
Irae Maeviir
Tainted

Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Postby 'Lement » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:53 am

The demons are pretty remarkable, though. This particular one reminds me of Naal with that hairstyle.

Breathing, having our hearts pump blood, being alive - there are not things we do just for the fun of it, they're necessary for the protein machinework to function.

Demons have ridiculous capability to reshape flesh, and slightly less ridiculous ability to immediatelly control the resulting flesh well (well meaning extremely complicated and difficult actions requiring years of training (unless you're a baby) like poking your own nose).

Jaal have some, but they require living sacrifices. If they combined with Vloz into one clan, though...

The stuffier Kyorls might lose ability to think for a while out of sheer sense of wrongness.

Art-wise, I see about the shading. The waters just got still. Also, shallow, unless they grew flippers or stood on stones Kel raised. Maybe they did.

I'm not sure whether I'd tag it as "eye visible through hair" or not.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Next

Return to Moonless Age