Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 115

Re: Chapter 54 : page 115

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:27 am

Such a slaughter, such a waste...
And thinking after all this mess the hero's ass is going to be saved by a Deus Ex Machina... *upset*
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Tempestfury » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:32 am

I really don't think it's going to be Deus that gets them out of this. Or at least, I really hope not.
Tempestfury
Nether Spawn

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Adira, I know you're a particularly arrogant Nid Sharen, but it's most unwise to berate or speak down to a healer who literally has your life in her hands, with her hands at your still bleeding throat no less. Especially considering that the reason she asked you to stop talking is that your jaw music is making it harder to stop said bleeding.

Now I wonder what that "AAAAAAAAAAA!!!" was about.

Is that Kyo'nne blasting Sang and co with pressure sorcery, or is that screams of terror as the now unstoppable super-gate begins to collapse upon the "freed" Sarghress... YAY, Sang. First minutes of "leadership" and you've already doomed the clan to certain death for "recklessness." You should be proud...
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:32 pm

Tempestfury wrote:I really don't think it's going to be Deus that gets them out of this. Or at least, I really hope not.

It might be hard for Kern to write a convincing win here.

Well, at least for everyone. I've personally been consistently impressed by the solutions he has written about before, but over people have thought them DEMs.

I know you're a particularly arrogant Nid Sharen

If I recall correctly, I think she is not a Sharen, but a native Feldian noble.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby sunhawk » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:
Tempestfury wrote:I really don't think it's going to be Deus that gets them out of this. Or at least, I really hope not.

It might be hard for Kern to write a convincing win here.

Well, at least for everyone. I've personally been consistently impressed by the solutions he has written about before, but over people have thought them DEMs.

I know you're a particularly arrogant Nid Sharen

If I recall correctly, I think she is not a Sharen, but a native Feldian noble.

I'm pretty sure this will end with Ariel, faen, and a couple other named characters hauled off to snad. Then shit will go sideways when Ariel tells Mel about the children and everything else. Which will allow sil'lice, diva, Kiel, and Chrystal to do something.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Moric » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:22 pm

sunhawk wrote:I'm pretty sure this will end with Ariel, faen, and a couple other named characters hauled off to snad. Then shit will go sideways when Ariel tells Mel about the children and everything else. Which will allow sil'lice, diva, Kiel, and Chrystal to do something.

Fat chance that Sang would let her live. Sure, capture her alive and force her to bend the knee, but "accidents" happen. Likewise, Da'xia, a Nid agent, was given orders to kill Ariel. Mel's too obtuse to suspect that her beloved Snadhya'rune would kill her children, and Snadhya knows it too.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Smokehammer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:45 am

I dont know. Assuming Sang knows Snadhya is alive, and assuming Sang works for Snadhya then its actually very likely that Ariel could be taken prisoner. Remember that Snadhya fed Kalki to summons because she went after Ariel again and Kyo was given the ok to attempt to bring Ariel into the fold as well. While its doubtful Mel has anything to do with it, I wouldnt rule out Snadhya's fascination with Ariel, even if its a somewhat suicidal tendency.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:22 am

Yeah, Snad does have quite the obsession about people with rare gifts, especially from the Sargh bloodline.

Plus, if it were possible to bring Ariel around, she might be politically useful, which I believe would also help explain why she okayed Kyo's diplomacy attempt
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby wolfdancer95 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:28 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:Yeah, Snad does have quite the obsession about people with rare gifts, especially from the Sargh bloodline.

Plus, if it were possible to bring Ariel around, she might be politically useful, which I believe would also help explain why she okayed Kyo's diplomacy attempt

I suspect in the Shargs case Snad wants the shapeshifting ability because its similar, if not identical to her twin sister. its why i had such a reaction to octayra's hair wiggling, she would want that baby at all costs.

And yeah in snads main way of schemeing shapeshifting, and having multiple shapeshifters on her payroll would bring the ubderground to its knees. You wouldnt know who to trust.
wolfdancer95
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Moric » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:44 am

1. If Sang is a Nid, she is probably ordered to at least attempt at capture. The attempt would fail, as Ariel alive would a Sword of Damocles that Snadhya'rune could dangle over Sang's head for centuries.

2. Nothing helps the morale of mutineers quite as much as a public humiliation and execution of the deposed captain. The same applies here.

3. Ariel is useful. Even so, if that bridge is burned down, that usefulness becomes a liability.

4. Does Snadhya'rune strike you as someone petty and vindictive enough to kill her lover's daughter because her own was such a failure?
Moric
Summoner

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:36 pm

Moric wrote:1. If Sang is a Nid, she is probably ordered to at least attempt at capture. The attempt would fail, as Ariel alive would a Sword of Damocles that Snadhya'rune could dangle over Sang's head for centuries.

2. Nothing helps the morale of mutineers quite as much as a public humiliation and execution of the deposed captain. The same applies here.

3. Ariel is useful. Even so, if that bridge is burned down, that usefulness becomes a liability.

4. Does Snadhya'rune strike you as someone petty and vindictive enough to kill her lover's daughter because her own was such a failure?

4 is an absolute yes. Snad is that petty.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Previous

Return to Moonless Age