Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 111

Re: Chapter 54 : page 111

Postby MagicSkyshark » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:30 pm

Tempestfury wrote:As one united people?

Ha! As if. Not unless you kill everyone who ever disagrees with you.

Fine with me.
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Moric » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:14 am

Y'know, right now calls for some power of mass suggestion coupled with a charismatic rhetorical delivery to break the web of lies. If only we had someone who could pull it off...
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby sunhawk » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:59 am

Moric wrote:Y'know, right now calls for some power of mass suggestion coupled with a charismatic rhetorical delivery to break the web of lies. If only we had someone who could pull it off...

All the aoe CC casters have been utterly useless since Ys.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Mizu » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:18 am

MagicSkyshark wrote:reading this all is quite funny )

considering the fact that there is few or no info on what was going on in the Chel all these years...

And about Sang.

She is doing the right things
. She and her clan was tasked by the Alliance to hunt down the traitors and their allies.

The Chapter title is the Unity.

But this title might be not for Ariel or her followers, but for The Alliance.

Plot twist, Ariel and company die and the story ends with Snadhya declared the new Empress of Chel.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Smokehammer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:37 am

Mizu wrote:Plot twist, Ariel and company die and the story ends with Snadhya declared the new Empress of Chel.
But now she looks like a furry female Baron Harkonnen because being in a wheelchair didnt agree with her figure and you know, karma.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby sunhawk » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:11 am

Sang makes a show of killing kel, and declares the val line dead. Meanwhile Sang's child is capturing Aruel.

Yeah, they're working for the nids. Retrieving Ariel for snad. So she can gift her to Mel.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:14 am

Smokehammer wrote:
Mizu wrote:Plot twist, Ariel and company die and the story ends with Snadhya declared the new Empress of Chel.
But now she looks like a furry female Baron Harkonnen because being in a wheelchair didnt agree with her figure and you know, karma.

:D Smoke, the image of Snads all bloated and levitating around yelling "I'm alive! ALIIIVE!" made me blow a snot bubble XD
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:54 am

I expect Ariel to survive, but for Drow society and civilization to collapse, a small part escaping to the surface, led by Ariel to the Emberi Isles and becoming surface elves over time, while most of untainted drow become demons, the tainted ones, led by the Nids, escape even deeper into the Sea of Mists and become the Chaotic Stupid drow of D&D, Snadhya becomes Lolth under a different name, and the surface colonies close to the Underworld are destroyed by demons or the Hermionne...

Next webcomic by Kern could be a more traditional fantasy story set on the surface...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Irae Maeviir » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:10 am

I for one, love that idea. The survivors setting up a new civilization, leaving the past behind, dead and buried.

As for those who remain behind, doesn't the Sea of Mists change the offspring? In the end all that will be left behind would be heavily mutated drow like the Xuile'solen, or whatever comes after that, each generation more mutated than the previous one until an evolutionary deadend is reached, where they are so mutated they can no longer reproduce and go extinct.
Irae Maeviir
Tainted

Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Postby Margirita » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:26 pm

Koil was a great commander/officer but sadly she had no gift for navigating royal politic's and I think she knew that. The other one could navigate way too well and had no spine in her and no gift for combat. Qain kinda got stuck with polar opposites when she needed someone in the middle.
Margirita
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Cladriah wrote:Wait aren't they loyalist to Ariel and Quain? Wasn't Jin'kyn one of those who defend Faen and the kids from suube (now likely sang ) assassination attempt.

Yeah.

I don't normally like to argue with the author but I refuse to believe that those two are anything other 100% Ariel loyalists.

Tempestfury wrote:As one united people?

Ha! As if. Not unless you kill everyone who ever disagrees with you.

Well, that is a pretty effective way to make sure everyone agrees with you! :U

She and her clan was tasked by the Alliance to hunt down the traitors and their allies.

Ah, but that is not what she is saying on this page is it? If that is their cause, why not say so?

Moric wrote:Y'know, right now calls for some power of mass suggestion coupled with a charismatic rhetorical delivery to break the web of lies. If only we had someone who could pull it off...

Oh yes, that would be great.

She is probably just going to sonic blast them however. That is all she did fighting against the hero after all, even though I think using the mind influencing aspect of spellsong would be more effective.

sunhawk wrote:

All the aoe CC casters have been utterly useless since Ys.

They got nerfed in the balance patch.

Mizu wrote:
Plot twist, Ariel and company die and the story ends with Snadhya declared the new Empress of Chel.

I actually wouldn't mind if Ariel ended up having to surrender here, and next chapter is her being dragged to the council for trial where she fights a rhetorical battle against Snad.

Smokehammer wrote:

*lol*

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:
Smokehammer wrote:

:D Smoke, the image of Snads all bloated and levitating around yelling "I'm alive! ALIIIVE!" made me blow a snot bubble XD

That is pretty great. *heehee*
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby jarek56 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:03 pm

I fear a rhetorical battle with Snad and Ariel would be hilarious, explain nothing, and achieve even less. Ariel still hasn't demonstrated to me any capacity for higher leadership, diplomacy, or even intellect and debate. :( Snad is, and this is me being fair, absolutely Bat-Guano Sniffing BATSHIT INSANE. Expecting any form of coherent, capable, logical, or even...expecting ANY KIND of discussion from her is literally something I wouldn't place any bets on. I'd rather bet on someone finding Jimmy Hoffa than Sang actually having a effective debate with Ariel or vice versa. :( Frankly, I'd expect Snad to execute Ariel and then proclaim herself a new Goddess.
jarek56
Summoner

Postby 'Lement » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:07 am

*sigh* I don't usually do this, but I shall make an exception this time(Edit: after looking at other things elsewhere, it seems I'm in generally grumpy mood rather than grumpy at this in particular):

"The gate's gonna blow" - wait nvm nurses ate it

"The gate is gonna blow 2" - oho something? ...wait, it turned out to just spite Snadhya and make messing up Felde easier.

"The gate is blowing again"

At this point, there's no tension in demon gates in this chapter.

And Kel'noz, much like Ash'waren, is incapicated, bleeding and alive last we checked. And so many others are held in that "in danger" state.

And now Sang is bragging before stabbing.

Drowtales has my favourite graphical death scenes in all of fiction. Lu'lianne's fall, Tsuris'lok's ...different kind of fall, heck even Sandaur's fall (okay I included that more because it was a fall). But Kel fell too short a distance to fall to death, even if his assault plan reminded of Ligr known for far greater falls.

Oh yeah, the point - if the tension is ratcheted on threat of dying and it feels empty, the tension is also empty.

Combat scenes can be meaningful without such threat. Ex, with Ariel and Riviel.

And the joke about "Oh and Faen was there too" "Wait, what" ...kinda applies to me too, but more like "when Ash'waren is getting stabbed, and the stabber is monologuing, 'Lement is more interested in the last part."

That said, half the page is dedicated to Kyonne, who has been visually placed as somewhat important - if cloak and stab-preggers-dagger - in this chapter.

Maybe she'll do something? Kyonne has never been effective as anything other than as a singer, though, and I don't think that'd work here. It's not like she had a love aff.....

Oh I'll be damned, Kyonne was crushing on Kel'noz his Royal Studness?! *omfg*
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Moatl » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:30 am

Kel is getting old. He's lying down for a sleep during work a lot, lately. :P
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Moric » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:02 pm

'Lement wrote:...

Maybe she'll do something? Kyonne has never been effective as anything other than as a singer, though, and I don't think that'd work here. It's not like she had a love aff.....

Oh I'll be damned, Kyonne was crushing on Kel'noz his Royal Studness?! *omfg*

Well... yeah... Too bad she strikes out again.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Previous

Return to Moonless Age