Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 109

Chapter 54 : page 109

Postby Kern » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:47 am

The enemy leader reveal herself , giving an opportunity to a daring few to try and end this all in one attack.
Sang survived that long for a reason. And its so happen she is moving her prostetic limbs , all 4 of them with her own affinity. Same affinity that just turned that metal to liquid,and left a nice wound on one of the pilot.
She is petite, look frail and never openly fought before. She doesn't duel, she doesn't do her own killing. So she is far from imposing and honestly if i could i would have tried to give her a more threatening feel a while ago but its too late so here is her kicking two advanced golems butts as if they were nothing.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 109

Postby Irae Maeviir » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:48 am

Ouch, that looks like it might hurt... a lot!
Irae Maeviir
Tainted

Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Postby MagicSkyshark » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:53 am

Kern wrote:She is petite, look frail and never openly fought before. She doesn't duel, she doesn't do her own killing.

That's why Sang is one of my favorite characters in the whole comic.

imho Also, she might be the only one who can end this whole calamity without excessive casualties.
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:53 am

Arkeo is still up and fighting *bigsmile*

But not so much for Slyand'iss and Vual'raisa. That was likely their sides that got slashed
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Reckless?

You're a fine one to talk, Sang.

Siding with Snad and the Nids is not reckless?

Attacking a neutral colony and a frontal charge against an airship with massive mana cannons is not reckless?

Trying to imprison the heir and killing off her siblings while Quain is rampaging is not reckless?

Oy! Seems like a bunch of "sour grapes" to me, Sang. You want to exterminate bloodlines for "reckless," start with yourself.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Well, whatever else you have to say about Sang, she is certifiably badass. She just anime slashed two giant robots! Well, ok, not giant robots, but big ones.

And if I am understanding Kern right, those aren't proper golem limbs but just metal ones she is constantly moving with her magic...just, imagine how difficult that would be.

Amusing how the young Jaal recognized Sang better than the Sul who had served with the Sarghress before. ;p

Reckless...maybe, to be honest they haven't had any safe choices in a long time. Even as far back as the invitation to the airship, there were many factors that made the offer suspicious so accepting would have been risky as well. Sometimes there are no good options and you have to gamble.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:52 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Reckless?

You're a fine one to talk, Sang.

Siding with Snad and the Nids is not reckless?

Attacking a neutral colony and a frontal charge against an airship with massive mana cannons is not reckless?

Trying to imprison the heir and killing off her siblings while Quain is rampaging is not reckless?

Oy! Seems like a bunch of "sour grapes" to me, Sang. You want to exterminate bloodlines for "reckless," start with yourself.

Ditto, the old phrase "pot calling the kettle black" certainly pertains to Sang here, hard to believe this is the same woman who once seemed so friendly and excited at the prospect of Quain having another child all those years ago. I guess her friendly demeanor was all just an act to better her odds of accumulating more power, OR she changed ALOT over the time skip leading up to Quain's passing and Ariel leaving the underworld for the surface. Its pretty sickening to watch her use the golem limbs Quain gave her for killing Sarghress, and I definitely wouldn't call her Sarghress anymore after selling out to Snad and the Nids >_<
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby almondbiscuit » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Well, Sang has got Snad's abuser-speak down pat. "See, what you made me do? It's not like I want to be here, it's all your fault for not playing my way."
almondbiscuit
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:33 pm

i want Sang to explain why somebody with the most powerful army in Chel under her control needed to become a pawn of Snadhya... I mean, Kel and Ariel may be the reckless ones here, but Sang, backed by the Sarghess clan, could have opposed Sandhya without being reckless...

Also, how is she going to justify not trying to contact Ariel and Kel even once since Quain's death? She hasn't tried to speak with them, she has just attacked again and again!
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby jarek56 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Honestly I doubt we'll ever receive an explanation for any of this. Ever. I mean, a lack of explanations or any sort of background info to these developments, backed up apparently by the stream's revelations that the production team and Kern are most concerned with focusing only on action scenes and there only being one chapter left makes me think it's just not gonna happen. *hmmm*
jarek56
Summoner

Postby Moric » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:08 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:i want Sang to explain why somebody with the most powerful army in Chel under her control needed to become a pawn of Snadhya... I mean, Kel and Ariel may be the reckless ones here, but Sang, backed by the Sarghess clan, could have opposed Sandhya without being reckless...

Also, how is she going to justify not trying to contact Ariel and Kel even once since Quain's death? She hasn't tried to speak with them, she has just attacked again and again!

Ummm.... because she was working for Snads since the Skyhole debacle (>100 years ago)?

As much as it pains me, she has probably been playing as a sleeper agent since her capture and subsequent torture.

As for the no contact policy, it is pretty much standard practice to wait until controversy dies down before offing the remaining headaches. Also, silence is easier to keep than a lie.

MagicSkyshark wrote:
Kern wrote:She is petite, look frail and never openly fought before. She doesn't duel, she doesn't do her own killing.

That's why Sang is one of my favorite characters in the whole comic.

imho Also, she might be the only one who can end this whole calamity without excessive casualties.

I like the Sang character as well, both the initial character as well as this face/heel depiction.

As for casualties, no. There are only two ways for fae to die, and it is not in a bed surrounded by loving children and grandchildren. You die by starvation or by violence. The best and the oldest merely push those inevitable endings off until tomorrow, again and again. Even so, someday, you die, and it won't be pretty. As such, casualties WILL be high, if only for the long game.
Moric
Demon

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Moric wrote:
Doom Chinchilla wrote:i want Sang to explain why somebody with the most powerful army in Chel under her control needed to become a pawn of Snadhya... I mean, Kel and Ariel may be the reckless ones here, but Sang, backed by the Sarghess clan, could have opposed Sandhya without being reckless...

Ummm.... because she was working for Snads since the Skyhole debacle (>100 years ago)?

As much as it pains me, she has probably been playing as a sleeper agent since her capture and subsequent torture.

As for the no contact policy, it is pretty much standard practice to wait until controversy dies down before offing the remaining headaches. Also, silence is easier to keep than a lie.

But it's not as if Sang can openly admit it... she needs some acceptable excuse to justify her behaviour, or the Sarghess wouldn't follow her...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Smokehammer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:
Moric wrote:

But it's not as if Sang can openly admit it... she needs some acceptable excuse to justify her behaviour, or the Sarghess wouldn't follow her...

Because the Sarghress fail miserably at logistics. Remember that they had Sarv's forces completely exhausted, they had the Sharen fortress under siege and the Vlozz cut off by a wall yet even with that, half of Zala'ess' bloodline plus some of Nuqra's troops were enough of a threat that Quain had to listen to Zala'ess and bargain with her. Also, they had declared martial law upon a city more or less used to controlled anarchy. They werent going to be able to keep the peace without someone who actually knew how to govern. They had Rosof, but how much they did or didnt want to listen to him is up for grabs. That's why being part of counsel where they held the "real" power -the weapons, appealed to Quain enough to consider allowing the Sharen stay alive as presumably the bureaucratic/legal branch of the new government.

Its not the slightest bit bizarre that a bunch of mercenaries would sell their swords to the rich people who wanted to stay in power is it?
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Silverrain » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 pm

... I'm bored.

Action scenes are fun and all, but IMHO, the "mystery" of the Sarghress leaders' motivations has been dragged out so long that the narrative tension has been lost. Suspense doesn't work if you can't remember the details of who did what, or the clues about why they did it. And now that the Big Bad has finally appeared, all we're getting is a stock hero/villain dialogue?

I hope Sang has something really interesting to say in the next few pages, because right now I feel like this is the half-baked DLC for a game whose main story ended with Chapter 50.
Silverrain
Summoner

Postby sunhawk » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:52 pm

I'm going with Sang being part of the core founding Nid group.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Next

Return to Moonless Age