Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 106

Re: Chapter 54 : page 106

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:30 am

At this point I only care that Vara'nin and maybe Fame escape from Felde alive. And I'm not even sure Fame is in Felde...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:24 am

Nowhere Girl wrote:Huh. The drow are so sympathetic and relatable that, even to my own surprise, I find myself actually caring more about the fate of the "nurses."

ikr? B) they're down to just two, and one of them is pregnant. when that summoning stone smacked into #3, I thought for a second that it was the pregnant one. the fact that the child-bearer still lives must mean there is some significance to that baby she carries, eh?

oh, I know you meant "sympathetic and relatable" tongue-in-cheek :) the emotional roller coaster of everything going to hell can be tiring, but I do want to see how things work out, this close to the end. you might not care much for the characters, but call me a fool, but I'm kinda invested in how things will come to a conclusion: a screaming, roaring, gut-wrenching finale; or a tepid, negotiated settlement to wrap things up for convenience? with this author, my money's on the former ;)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby 'Lement » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:59 am

3 years ago at the gathering fiasko, there was a pregnant one too, but nothing on-panel came of that. Maybe they replenish others, maybe they provide supply of replacement parts, maybe they're someone's secret ...steal? babies (not Mel's, at least then; now's a different story)

What's interesting here is that the ethereal forms of demons are supposedly unsuitable for aura/mana manipulation. Yes bodies provide one with replenishible supply, but the demon nurses have not shown particularly high care for themselves. Yet we only see the three, and not the ones left over from the giant one that closed Neh'lenaee's gate (also why the f was she not told they do that? Did Snadhya'rune just expect Nidra'chaal to not open demon gates when told in peaceful setting?)

Wait, no, the giant body was ethereal, and more suitable for mana manipulation. I don't know, then.

Also for the gem to come loose means the ceiling is deformed. That's quite substantial structural damage; I'd say the entire thing might split in two, and do a cascading collapse of the entire tower - if there wasn't so much plot armour on it. Still, the RRRRR sound might mean someone is ....Ah. The Sarghress did (just now) and do use earth foci, don't they.

Though, given how removing the gems closed the demon god gate and how they need active, hand manipulation, I guess this won't be exploding in an avalanche of demons. Just what was in the gem.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Moatl » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:31 am

The second last panel reminds me on picking apples this year. :D
Moatl
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby alkaizer87 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:29 pm

I'm confused on the very last panel.....what's happening there?
alkaizer87
Vel'akar

Location: At home with 3 of Vaelia's kids: 1 girl and 2 boys.
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Whizzard » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:03 pm

alkaizer87 wrote:I'm confused on the very last panel.....what's happening there?

The crystal that crushed the nurse sent her nether form falling through the floor.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby pyrotwister » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:54 am

Anyone remember who else went demon eyeball on us?

http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=11615
pyrotwister
Nether Seed

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby almondbiscuit » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:43 am

I am going to absolutely lose my shit cackling if that demon eyeball splats right into Kor'maril.
almondbiscuit
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Moric » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:16 am

almondbiscuit wrote:I am going to absolutely lose my shit cackling if that demon eyeball splats right into Kor'maril.

Would be funnier if it takes over and assumes a pregnant form.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby sunhawk » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:11 pm

pyrotwister wrote:Anyone remember who else went demon eyeball on us?

http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=11615

Laele'aell returns. All of Quain'tana's children are in the tower with the Legion.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Previous

Return to Moonless Age