Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 105

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby Moric » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Yes, Kor'maril apparently doesn't give a damn about the well-being of his children. Um....yeah.

1. Fatherhood in our own universe is pretty shaky. I know of a few men whose only concern about their children is how much longer before they turn 18, and they won't have to pay for child support. And they aren't the worst that humanity has to show for either. Yes, I have a special loathing for deadbeat dads.

2. Fatherhood in the DT universe ends at being a sperm donor 99.9% of the time. Sure, children love their daddies, and drow children aren't any different, but drow fathers are almost always dismissed by their baby-mommas after the deed is done. That a Beld father recognizes and even cares about his daughter (Melas'ryon & Ischa Val'Beldrobbaen) is probably highly unusual, if not outright scandalous for a clan so deeply inured in propriety.

3. Kor'maril was having sex with Sil'lice Val'Sharen, with all her crazy. Think about that. No, you have to have mental images. No, really, consider what kind of weirdness that was. Even that. Yes, she was still living in a dungeon. Yes, that can get frostbite too. Why on the Three Worlds would Sang "The &*%$ing Sharen chopped me to bits" permit her son and subordinate to search out, find, and get it on with one of the people she would have the absolute most reason to hate? Unless, of course, it was so that he could spy on her. Kau is Sharen-trash, and his living and dying is of no consequence to Kor'maril. Consider that nobody cared to inform him about Shala's death.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Ardan Styyx » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:26 pm

When does the story shift to Kiel, Sillice and co. ?
To what happened or what is happening in Chel?
'Cause right now, witnessing this entire fiasco is depressing, and starting to be tiring.

Edit : I do not like overlenghty fight scenes either. I totally agree on the fact that the main interest of this comics is the multiple points of view, character's stories and politic. This entire chapter is therefore extremely frustrating. Knowing it's supposed to be the last is also highly concerning : a 100 pages to get there... so how many left to solve all the other (far more interesting) intrigues ? 500 would be fine, but is unlikely. :c
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby sunhawk » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Ardan Styyx wrote:When does the story shift to Kiel, Sillice and co. ?
To what happened or what is happening in Chel?
'Cause right now, witnessing this entire fiasco is depressing, and starting to be tiring.

Edit : I do not like overlenghty fight scenes either. I totally agree on the fact that the main interest of this comics is the multiple points of view, character's stories and politic. This entire chapter is therefore extremely frustrating. Knowing it's supposed to be the last is also highly concerning : a 100 pages to get there... so how many left to solve all the other (far more interesting) intrigues ? 500 would be fine, but is unlikely. :c

Diva needs to have one final moment with her daughters.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Thrair » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:23 am

This is not the final chapter, by the by. Dunno who started that one, but Kern said quite a while ago that his rough plan was to end on Chapter 55. And that was during Chapter 50, back before he had two interlude chapters... so who knows if that plan is still current.

Last I personally heard from Kern regarding future chapters (in any fastion) was from a couple streams ago, where he said that the next cameo call would be some time after he and Kite return from their vacation to Japan in September.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Postby Ardan Styyx » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:40 am

sunhawk wrote:Diva needs to have one final moment with her daughters.

This, of course. And how are Kiel's and Nau's babies faring ; did anybody did something with Sharess' shell ; what happened to Chrys'tel ; and to Mel and Zohr ; did the Dutan'vir rebuild after all ; is Nishi still alive, or hostage, or imprisoned ; what about Shinae, etc, etc...

Thrair wrote:This is not the final chapter, by the by. Dunno who started that one, but Kern said quite a while ago that his rough plan was to end on Chapter 55. And that was during Chapter 50, back before he had two interlude chapters... so who knows if that plan is still current.

Last I personally heard from Kern regarding future chapters (in any fastion) was from a couple streams ago, where he said that the next cameo call would be some time after he and Kite return from their vacation to Japan in September.

That's excellent news, of course. But I think the info (intox?) of this one being the last chapter came during the previous one. I hope you're right.
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby Ganurath » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:47 am

They probably want Ariel for the same reason Quain wanted Mel: Breeding stock.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Irae Maeviir » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:21 am

Ganurath wrote:They probably want Ariel for the same reason Quain wanted Mel: Breeding stock.

While that could be an interesting Daydream, I think there are many other reasons for that. Like for example:
-They want a puppet leader. Maybe Koil gave up on leading them or died.
-Public execution of a rogue (and noble) element of the clan. (From their point of view)
-Sang is actually on Ariel's side but is pretending to be trying to capture/kill her in order to protect her. (and doing an excellent job at that, not so much on the pretend part though)
-Mel learned Ariel is alive and well somehow. Be reminded that Snadhya told her that Ariel and all the kids were dead. So she asked for them to be returned to her. Snadhya tried to kill them again or framing them as rebels.

So far they all want Ariel captured or dead, and her allies just dead. First they gave a huge cannon to the humans. Then send the airship with the initial plan being to raze Machike. Kyo intervened, tried to get Ariel on the airship first to ensure her "safety" then let the airship destroy everything. Failing that, the airship just began attacking. Once the airship was captured, they sent the Legion.

One thing is certain, someone wants her dead, and someone wants her captured, but both want all her allies dead and buried.
Irae Maeviir
Tainted

Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:37 am

I second what Thrair said, I definitely remember Kern saying that there's gonna be another cameo call coming up :)

tbh I think the Dutan'vir recovery is a done issue, with the return of Mikilu'ligr Val'Dutan'vir (possibly the last female Val of the Stagwolf bloodline) and House Mae'yukir coming over to help out (chapter 51?), allowing some Duter cameos to leave to join Ariel on this feeeasco

Also think we might have seen the last of Shishi, who seems to have been on the road to happiness at last (after having burned her bridges with both the Vel'Sharen and the Nidraa'chal, what better place than the Nal'sarkoth to "retire"?). But I hope we see her "sister" Chrys again. Almost being killed by Milk and Sable before Shishi did for them, and being made the captain of the Imperial Guard, she has not quite exposed the great fraud of the Nidraa'chal control of the Vel'Sharen (which will mean exposing her mother's complicity in the "death" of Diva'ratrika...btw frankly I am still astounded that everyone including the current Sharen are letting her being entombed alive slide...wtf dragons... :c )

I worry that the body of Sharess has become obsolete over time, a la Laele'aell, an inconvenient holdover from a bygone era when they held more import. The time to have seen anything happen with the body would have been at the tail end of chapter 47, where another inconvenient holdover, Big Red the Demon God, disappeared into the stonework near the Vloz tower, which is a (pardon the pun) stone's throw from Orthorbbae. But no, Big Red just makes that last "cameo" (heh) in chapter 50, then it hasn't been heard from since. I'm afraid that Diva 2.0 (or is that 3.0, counting her stint as Blueberry da Lush as 2.0?) may end up getting left behind, reading books in Sha'sana's library and staring at the floating figure in the glass jar as the only epitaph :P

Now, knowing that Kiel is one of Kern's favorite characters (he claims to love ALL his characters, but of the gamut from Ariel to Zala'ess, he seems to favor Kiel more often), I get the feeling we're not done with our de facto Ill'haress of the neo-Vloz'ress, her princeling, and her demon bff ;) Although, the way things ended in chapter 50 made it feel like a wrap-up of these three, Diva, and Sha'sana (and in extension Sil'lice and Kadara too). Being that I'm a lousy predictor of things, I have to have hope that there will be a more suitable "wrap" that brings closure to those threads
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: recuperating from getting strangled by that one-eyed golem in Felde

Postby Smokehammer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:which will mean exposing her mother's complicity in the "death" of Diva'ratrika...btw frankly I am still astounded that everyone including the current Sharen are letting her being entombed alive slide...wtf dragons... :c )
Im pretty sure that it goes without saying that Diva's death was white-washed as being all Sarv'swati. Sillice and Nishi know better, but Nishi is a wanted woman, and Sillice probably has as much credibility as a snake hawking apple pie at this point.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby 'Lement » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:46 am

Yeah, at of this moment all that retired in the tower only merit a single page in epilogue.

"They've settled down and aren't having adventures anymore.", basically.

Mind, I don't consider Silice and Nishi'kanta retired. I think only the grave will hold first still, and after that byplay she probably wasn't killed offscreen, either.

@Moric: Very good (or bad, if you will) observation on Shala and Kor'maril vis Silice in general.
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Moric » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Thanks!
Moric
Demon

Previous

Return to Moonless Age