Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 105

Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby Kern » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:00 am

The closed door doesn't hold them for long and thus the chase begins.
Thing is when shifting rock is such a common power, sometime it just easier to take the door entirely. No need to even bash it.
The other thing is yeah sure rejoin Kel but then what? Too few, diminishing defenses, clearly they can't stop the legion from progressing up the tower, blahblahblah :A Hopefully Kel has a plan because they don't. Well Ariel has the plan of rescueing a silver haired fluff which would be counter productive.
User avatar
Kern
Yan Gagne
 
Posts: 8780
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:08 am
Location: Quebec
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby Irae Maeviir » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:04 am

Capture her? Boy you almost stabbed her in the face!
User avatar
Irae Maeviir
Tainted
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:05 pm
Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby Pitdragon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:10 am

Irae Maeviir wrote:Capture her? Boy you almost stabbed her in the face!


Well, didn't realize what he had.

Also, the boys are ready to rooooooooooooollllllllllll!
User avatar
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: An island in the clouds.
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby Moatl » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 am

Irae Maeviir wrote:Capture her? Boy you almost stabbed her in the face!

To capture somebody, you have to pin its down first, you know. ;P

To think that Kor'maril was a close ally of Ariel the very first DT comics is a joke of its own, now.
He was part of the crew storming the Red Dragon with Lael'aell, then.
User avatar
Moatl
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:36 pm
Location: Near the Nether of Minetest ;P
Clan: Vloz'ress

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby James Rye » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:00 am

Kelnoz needs to have the mother plan of all plans planned so far to get outta this mess. At least Ariel is still listening to reason which is good. But if you think about it Ariel was always pragmatic enough to do what needs to be done even if it meant sacrificing something she hold dear to, like that little purple dragon for example, or risking the lives of others, like taking Snad's invitation.
User avatar
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3394
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:02 pm
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby rediius » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Moatl wrote:
To think that Kor'maril was a close ally of Ariel the very first DT comics is a joke of its own, now.
He was part of the crew storming the Red Dragon with Lael'aell, then.


Isn't he Kau and Shala's father too? Maybe that will give him pause before murdering the party.
rediius
Nether Seed
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:03 pm
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby Medrex » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Moatl wrote:
Irae Maeviir wrote:Capture her? Boy you almost stabbed her in the face!

To capture somebody, you have to pin its down first, you know. ;P

To think that Kor'maril was a close ally of Ariel the very first DT comics is a joke of its own, now.
He was part of the crew storming the Red Dragon with Lael'aell, then.

This is why I was kind of hoping Kel was going to be captured earlier, so he'd be a point of view character and we'd learn via his captors why a faction of the Sarghs (lead by some of the more reasonable people in the clan and including people who have been cool with Ariel before) are happily chasing the sad remnants of their own clan's colony.
User avatar
Medrex
Tainted
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:53 am

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:36 pm

Kor'maril?? THE HECK? What could Ariel possibly have done to make you, of all people, go all "capture her"?

Ariel was always decent with you...

This is getting more and more bizarre by the update.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:24 pm
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby Irae Maeviir » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Medrex wrote:
Moatl wrote:
Irae Maeviir wrote:Capture her? Boy you almost stabbed her in the face!

To capture somebody, you have to pin its down first, you know. ;P

To think that Kor'maril was a close ally of Ariel the very first DT comics is a joke of its own, now.
He was part of the crew storming the Red Dragon with Lael'aell, then.

This is why I was kind of hoping Kel was going to be captured earlier, so he'd be a point of view character and we'd learn via his captors why a faction of the Sarghs (lead by some of the more reasonable people in the clan and including people who have been cool with Ariel before) are happily chasing the sad remnants of their own clan's colony.

They are not just happily chasing them, they are also happily murdering them. The smiles of some of them, the glee in their faces when they first tracked them. Sending the wolves first. Those massive ballistas and other siege weapons don't exactly give hugs and kisses.

As for what some people say that to capture someone you have to first pin them down, I guess it would be easier to pin someone anywhere with a sharp metal object going through the skull.
User avatar
Irae Maeviir
Tainted
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:05 pm
Location: Watching what's going on from her own pocket dimension

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:18 pm

Capture her? Oh? I was expecting them to want her dead. Interesting...

Course, I suppose they might just be wanting to make a spectacle of her execution. But then again, they might want her alive for some reason.

Though, what about everyone else? That is your son in that armor Kor.

(side note: I wonder where Kyo is, since she isn't with Ariel's group or with Kel. We haven't see her in a while)
User avatar
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby sunhawk » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:38 pm

What we know.

Someone gave the hermonies a giant cannon to use against Machike.

Koil was supposedly in charge when Ariel left. Though Chel Sarghress hasn't contacted or supported the colony in sometime.

The airship was sent to annihilate machikie, but Kyon'ne convinced them to let her talk Ariel into visiting felde. Failing that, the airship blew up machikie.

Then the airship dropped rocks on the colonists that went into the underworld. Then it pursued them.

Mimians were fighting felde and imperial chel.

Ariel captures the airship, and a sharen/nid escapes to tell.

Ariel finds out a sarghress legion was sent for them.

Ariel tries getting colonies to ally. They either refused or were nid controlled. They liberate Ys and leave some behind to transition the colony to self rule.

Ariel goes to the kyrol colony. The legion shows up. Ariel and kyrols leave.

Kel'noz talks to a highland raider and says they're going to felde.

They raid felde. The airship is disabled. Some cameos die. The raiders and quill'yate are stopped by shoudun. The owls get decimated.

Legion arrives and despite friendly fire, they dont fight the felde guard.

Legion has entered the tower.

Sang's child and crew want to capture Ariel.

Snad'hyarune is no where to be found. Bae is stabbing Ash'waren for reasons.

We really need a point of view change. So someone can drop an exposition. Bomb and explain what the hell is going on.
User avatar
sunhawk
Summoner
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 pm
Location: Old World Surface
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby Smokehammer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Well the over all picture is like:
The Sarghress join the Nuqran Alliance.
Quain dies, and someone in the Clan tries to kill off her heirs. Rosof sents them away to the colonies and nobody cared.
Then the Nidraa send an invite to Ariel to make her claim upon the Sarghress at a gathering of the Alliance.
Ariel Refuses, and the Nidraa attack her.
Ariel fends them off, then goes on the attack and sacks an Alliance base.
The Sarghress who by way of Quain's agreement are the main army for the Alliance, track her down at the Kyorl colony where the wolves start chomping people.
Ash bombs both friend and foe.
The main Clan Sarg's then track Ariel to Felde, where she's still the aggressor and demand she and her followers surrender.

If I werent a cynic it almost looks like Sang has every intention of asking Ariel why she ran away long ago and why the hell she tried to break her grandmother's agreement by refusing her allies instead of coming to the meeting and claiming her proper place. Perhaps, Sang hasnt been doing anything but keeping the Clan in order as per Quain's wishes, and to her Ariel has gone rogue for no damn good reason. The only real wrench in that is the super aggressive wolf attack on the Kyorl -but was that indeed what that was? Olin was going to murder someone, and a wolf attacked Olin and was killed. Its entirely possible the wolves went crazy and started attacking everyone because of that, and not because they were sic'd on the Kyorl. After all, Sang had every advantage there too, but chose to attack the ship and call off her troops -and that too looks like she's always wanted to capture rather than kill Ariel.
User avatar
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:09 am
Location: Being Reincarnated as a DD bra.
Clan: Sharen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby sunhawk » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Smokehammer wrote:Well the over all picture is like:
The Sarghress join the Nuqran Alliance.
Quain dies, and someone in the Clan tries to kill off her heirs. Rosof sents them away to the colonies and nobody cared.
Then the Nidraa send an invite to Ariel to make her claim upon the Sarghress at a gathering of the Alliance.
Ariel Refuses, and the Nidraa attack her.
Ariel fends them off, then goes on the attack and sacks an Alliance base.
The Sarghress who by way of Quain's agreement are the main army for the Alliance, track her down at the Kyorl colony where the wolves start chomping people.
Ash bombs both friend and foe.
The main Clan Sarg's then track Ariel to Felde, where she's still the aggressor and demand she and her followers surrender.

If I werent a cynic it almost looks like Sang has every intention of asking Ariel why she ran away long ago and why the hell she tried to break her grandmother's agreement by refusing her allies instead of coming to the meeting and claiming her proper place. Perhaps, Sang hasnt been doing anything but keeping the Clan in order as per Quain's wishes, and to her Ariel has gone rogue for no damn good reason. The only real wrench in that is the super aggressive wolf attack on the Kyorl -but was that indeed what that was? Olin was going to murder someone, and a wolf attacked Olin and was killed. Its entirely possible the wolves went crazy and started attacking everyone because of that, and not because they were sic'd on the Kyorl. After all, Sang had every advantage there too, but chose to attack the ship and call off her troops -and that too looks like she's always wanted to capture rather than kill Ariel.


We haven't seen one attempt yet for the Wolf Pack and Legion to talk. Machikie didn't even get a response from Koil about reinforcements after the goblin attack
User avatar
sunhawk
Summoner
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 pm
Location: Old World Surface
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Excellent summary Sunhawk


Ariel tries getting colonies to ally. They either refused or were nid controlled. They liberate Ys and leave some behind to transition the colony to self rule.

Minor correction: Ariel did get at least some colonies to ally with them, namely the Tei'kieth and Amsaag colonies, with some implications that they got some unseen, offscreen colonies as well. There have also been comments that hint that the Nids have attacked other colonies, though it is not known why.

We really need a point of view change. So someone can drop an exposition. Bomb and explain what the hell is going on.

Oh yes, this. One of the strengths of the comic was how it used multiple points of view so you could see conflicts from every angle, and get enough information to know the big picture even if the characters don't.

But for a while now we have been more or less stuck in Ariel's pov and she has been out of the political scene for a very long time and doesn't know what it is up, and therefore we don't know either.

What is especially annoying is that Kyo switched sides and has been involved in politics for the last three years, as a high ranked Nid no less, so she should be able to fill in a lot of the missing gaps but that has been completely ignored for reason.*

*(Based off some of Kern's comments during streams and stuff, I think he might be overly concerned with giving us fight scenes, whereas as the politics and character interactions have always been the main draw for me. There also seems to be a bit of deliberate mystery though...)
User avatar
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Chapter 54 : page 105

Postby jarek56 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Goodness, Sang, you're certainly quick to wear red in your hair in Quain's style...

This smacks so hard of a total coup de tat. Sang is just salivating in her grim, stoic way at the chance to be queen after all the bullshit her competitors pulled. *eek*
jarek56
Summoner
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:36 pm
Location: Somewhere in Virginia Beach...

Next

Return to Moonless Age

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron