Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : Page 99

Chapter 54 : Page 99

Postby Kern » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:32 pm

The remains of the obliterated boat falls into the water while above in the tower an ambush falls upon Faen's family.
Ash has yet to bleed in this chapter, actually i don't she bled yet. Can't have that.
Can we have her live? I mean she is trying to get Kel and there is competition.
Its worth thinking about reducing the amount of ladies around Kel.
Also that scene where Reka block the arrow is because of Code's fanart. Enjoy your hand stab Soulcode.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : Page 99

Postby Moric » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:02 pm

Well, that would help Kel'noz rest enough to heal, provided of course that Dan'suun hasn't bewitched him already....
Moric
Demon

Postby pyrotwister » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:24 pm

and the badass award goes to...
pyrotwister
Nether Seed

Postby The14th » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:34 am

Nevermind the actual taking it in the hand, how about the fucking reflexes it takes to actually intercept something like a crossbow bolt!
The14th
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:54 am

No! Not Rando'Grunt Sarghress?! Curse your overly dark storytelling Kern! *shakes fist*

Impressively badass attack from crossbow ninja there, but alas, you are a faceless mook, so I doubt you will last long or accomplish much.

Also shouldn't have shot the random grunt, but the squishy ladies in the fancy dress - probably important and/or powerful to go into battl -
*reads Kern's comments*
Oh, apparently Ash did get shot. Good job.
This is why Ash and Kel make a good couple - they are always been taken out by something so that they can't make things easy for the protagonists. ;p

As for Reka -
She protecc

She atacc

But most importantly,

She got your bacc.

Seriously, she has save Ariel and Faen now - most cameos don't save anyone. She will not let anything get in the way of her ship. If Ariel and Faen end up raising another kid, they should name them in Reka's honor.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:12 am

Sharess' *bleep*! *lol* I started scrolling and saw blue and said "Aw, Reka made it" and then the ultimate badassery happens. And she barely squinted from the pain*. Now I fully expect Reka to bring her own crossbow to bear on the enemy without a bit of loss to her accuracy...or stopping to yank that bolt out first (high fives SoulCode...er, checks to make sure he doesn't have a bolt sticking out of his hand first) ;)

So the boat went to the bottom with Quill and Foghorn Leghorn on board :c I hope Aunt Quill has water breathing function in her power armor, and comes rising out of the lake with a half dozen mermaids latched onto her limbs like piranha, and she just shrugs them off (but only one badassery per page, please...mah poor widdle heart couldn't take two! 8P )

*edit - I missed that she was indeed squinting her left eye...or maybe some spraying mook blood almost got in her eye :P
Last edited by Basileus_Ioannis on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Postby Moric » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:39 am

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:Sharess' *bleep*! *lol* I started scrolling and saw blue and said "Aw, Reka made it" and then the ultimate badassery happens. And she didn't even squint from the pain. Now I fully expect Reka to bring her own crossbow to bear on the enemy without a bit of loss to her accuracy...or stopping to yank that bolt out first (high fives SoulCode...er, checks to make sure he doesn't have a bolt sticking out of his hand first) ;)

So the boat went to the bottom with Quill and Foghorn Leghorn on board :c I hope Aunt Quill has water breathing function in her power armor, and comes rising out of the lake with a half dozen mermaids latched onto her limbs like piranha, and she just shrugs them off (but only one badassery per page, please...mah poor widdle heart couldn't take two! 8P )

Bah! She's gonna stab the ninja mook with it.
Moric
Demon

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:51 am

As far as I recall, we still haven't seen Sasi, and she was an assassin mook before Kalki took her as her... lover ? Pet ? Whatever disfunctional love these two had.

Ouch, hope Faen can bandage Reka's hand before she bleeds out. The most impressive save I've seen in Drowtales so far. *eek* :3

I wonder what that third panel focused on the ex-slave girl means. Will she turn on everyone else due to some brainwashing ?

Banana seems ripe to betray everyone in the room for sure.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Mizu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:24 am

Everyone was so busy looking for a floor dragon they failed to see the ceiling ninja.
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Whizzard » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:37 am

Ninjas, ninjas everywhere.

Reka casually catches the arrow meant for Faen and the assassin stops to stare with wide eyes for a few seconds, then drops the crossbow to the floor and throws hands into the air while shouting: "That's it! I can't handle that much badassery, I give up!". Reka stares back with her stone face and then responds: "Ow."
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby ohriniel666 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:59 am

Wow, what have we here? A Crazy Eggplant! *wee*
I really hope that old bitch finally died.
ohriniel666
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Dalvyserran » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 am

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:As far as I recall, we still haven't seen Sasi, and she was an assassin mook before Kalki took her as her... lover ? Pet ? Whatever disfunctional love these two had.

Ouch, hope Faen can bandage Reka's hand before she bleeds out. The most impressive save I've seen in Drowtales so far. *eek* :3

I wonder what that third panel focused on the ex-slave girl means. Will she turn on everyone else due to some brainwashing ?

Pretty sure that is Sasi'rael. That's her mask, and she dresses in all white.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:
Black Knight LeFreux wrote:As far as I recall, we still haven't seen Sasi, and she was an assassin mook before Kalki took her as her... lover ? Pet ? Whatever disfunctional love these two had.

Pretty sure that is Sasi'rael. That's her mask, and she dresses in all white.

I am pretty sure that isn't Sasi:

1) Sasi uses daggers, not a crossbow.

2) We saw others with the same outfit, mask included http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=12239 (I think the implication is, BKLF says, that Sasi was an assassin that got into a relationship with Kalki, and thus promoted to more influence and rank)

3) There are no signs of Sasi's more distinguishing features, such as her hair. In fact, I am not sure she ever wore the mask outside of her concept art.

4) Most importantly, Sasi is a cameo, but she wasn't on the cameo list for this page, and a while back Kern said the last of the cameos had appeared.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Seraphiel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Doin' it wrong in the last panel....

*beer* *sweatdrop*
Seraphiel
Demon

Postby sunhawk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:04 pm

If Ash takes damage. It should break her concentration enough to drop her Drow disguise.

Shouldn't Ash have longer ears?
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Next

Return to Moonless Age