Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 97

Chapter 54 : page 97

Postby Kern » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:03 am

She disengage from the fight and lure her foe to one of the nearby warboat besieging the island.
Where she will takeover and become pirate queen of this lake. Or something. Too bad Rayata isn't there. and we are alive, its just that we've been having visitors in our house which disrupt our schedule. We'll still put up 3 updates this week.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 97

Postby Ganurath » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:06 am

Hmm... my money says she's setting up to drag Shodan underwater, since her fighting style is more reliant on breathing than most. I wouldn't be surprised if Quill's armor had some sort of breathing apparatus, too.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:11 am

Well, Quill has one eye and a saber - how can she resist plundering a ship if she sees one?

Seriously though, with the bridges out the best next move is to go after the ships to reduce the enemy's ability to ferry over their giant army.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Smokehammer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:40 am

With one person Jungles? It seems unlikely that pure sabotage is what Commander Runs-with-Scissors is up to. I cant remember the whole layout of the battlefield at this point to even make a wild guess though, and Im too lazy to go read it again. *wee*

Ok I lied about the guess. Perhaps Quill's going to fairy her troops to Ariel, or use the guns on the ship on something she's weakened with earth sorcery that will do a whole lotta damage in a small amount of time?
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:12 pm

This is Quil's only option at this point.

She's lost the speed and mobility of the cavalry mounts.

Shodun is way too entrenched to take on, and one mis-step in reading Shodun's attacks will send her to the bottom of the lake. (Seeing as Quil can't exactly take her armor off at the moment.)

Yeah, that warship is the only stable fighting platform Quil can use, and she's going for it. She's got neither the time, nor the leisure to stop and come up with any kind of complicated plan.

Who knows, maybe Quil will get lucky and there's something she can use on that ship to deal with Shodun.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Shodun was bluffing? The way she drops the foci makes me think she was out of mana, feigning strength in order to make Quil stop fighting...

Mmmmm... Spellsong powerful enough to mow armies down, nether summoning, use of focis and she probably can fight with a sword too... Shodun is overpowered...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:42 pm

With one person Jungles? It seems unlikely that pure sabotage is what Commander Runs-with-Scissors is up to. I cant remember the whole layout of the battlefield at this point to even make a wild guess though, and Im too lazy to go read it again.

Sure Smoke. Depending on what those ships are made of, she might be able to sorcery open a hole in them. Or even if not, the water seems shallow enough that she could earth spike the bottom, which would sink the ship fast enough, or at least immobilize it for a while. Plus, if she can trick Shodun into hitting the ship, that might blow a big hole into it - and if not, then Quill can at least use the ship as a defense against Shodun's attacks.

Ok I lied about the guess. Perhaps Quill's going to fairy her troops to Ariel, or use the guns on the ship on something she's weakened with earth sorcery that will do a whole lotta damage in a small amount of time?

Also good options, though that would require her to defeat the entire crew herself.

Am I the only one who thinks Shodun was bluffing? The way she drops the foci makes me think she was out of mana, feigning strength in order to make Quil stop fighting...
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Smokehammer wrote:... Commander Runs-with-Scissors is up to...

Chsst! You will summon HER!
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Return to Moonless Age