Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 96

Chapter 54 : page 96

Postby Kern » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:29 am

On another island the fight between the raiders and Snadhya's protege continues.
Things didn't go well for the raiders, but then, things didn't go well for Shodun's elite troops either. Quill's raider never manage to reach up to the tower though she is not down yet. If they can just take down screamy lady... Snad's chosen people are all unusualy strong and Shodun is no exception on that.
Hey, if they keep this up at least Felde is going to start to look Chel. Housing might get cheap! *bigsmile*
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 96

Postby James Rye » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:05 am

Quill gonna die in the next 3-5 pages, I just feel it in my guts. God, this sucks.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Ganurath » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:50 am

If she dies, she'll die hard. Likely upon the corpses of those that slew her.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:42 am

Well well... all this smells a lot like a G.R. Martin's kind of development... *eek*
We were warned : Major Caracters Death will happen this chapter.
I just hope it's not going to end up in a pointless good-guys-slaughter (though their strategy sucked), like some infuriating books I throw across the room some time ago. o_O
Last edited by Ardan Styyx on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:42 am

Quillyate's death is unfortunately a strong possibility. Besides Sang, she's the only experienced and respected Sarg leader in the area, and if she was to die, the Sarg civil war can only be solved in blood.

The mana cannonballs are already flying in the background... too bad we didn't hear if Ariel gave any answer before Sang proceded with her plan.

Yep, I'm not gonna like what happens in the next pages, either. :[
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:44 am

Ardan Styyx wrote:Well well... all this smells a lot like a G.R. Martin kind of development... *eek*
I just hope it's not going to end up in a pointless good-guys-slaughter (although their strategy sucked), like some infuriating books I throw across the room some time ago. o_O

Care to share the name of thoses books ?
I want to write stories myself, so I need exemples of what not to do.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby El Bandito » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:52 am

I'm gonna be very sad if Quill is gone, but she had lived a good long life.
El Bandito
Summoner

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:59 am

Black Knight LeFreux wrote:
Ardan Styyx wrote:Well well... all this smells a lot like a G.R. Martin kind of development... *eek*
I just hope it's not going to end up in a pointless good-guys-slaughter (although their strategy sucked), like some infuriating books I throw across the room some time ago. o_O

Care to share the name of thoses books ?
I want to write stories myself, so I need exemples of what not to do.

Ha ha, well I'd rather not to. Don't get it wrong but two of them were writen by my wife (great writing, but I hated the end), so I'll pass for obvious survival reasons ;).
I think the trap is easy to avoid though : just make sure at the end you do not destroy sadisticly all the hopes of your reader, even the most bleeding-hearted ones. B)
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Moric » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Methinks Quill'yate and the raiders can, at best (for the sake of Sarghress culture and dramatic effect) force a duel between Ariel and Sang. If there's anything sacred in Sarghress, it's pounding the snot out of one's opponent.
Moric
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Looks like there was an epic fight off screen here.

(Looking in the background of the last panel, someone got impaled somehow *eek* )

Hmmm....not sure how things will proceed from here.

But I want Quill to live because she is cool, and I want Shodun to live at least long enough to have a duel with Kyo.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby laXgrrl5 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Ash’waren, now would be a great time to do something useful.
laXgrrl5
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:43 pm

laXgrrl5 wrote:Ash’waren, now would be a great time to do something useful.

Umm...that's not going to be useful. The Legion is likely accompanied with the rebel Sulls that Ash couldn't trust. After all, they were fairly well integrated in combat in the Sharen war. As such, it'll be heroic empathy vs mass empathy.

Ardan Styyx wrote:I think the trap is easy to avoid though : just make sure at the end you do not destroy sadisticly all the hopes of your reader, even the most bleeding-hearted ones. B)

A writer in the current situation has two alternatives to the respected elders of the hero. Either kill them off so that the hero can shine, or give the hero the opportunity to do something so incredibly badass solo so as to transcend his or her elders. After all, Quill would have to bend her knee to somebody, and Ariel is a 40 year old kid. As such, either she dies heroically to get Ariel to some important point, die badly to show how evil the antagonists really are, or Ariel needs to kick ass so hard that everybody accepts that she really is the second coming of Quain'tana (which is asking a wee too much).
Moric
Summoner

Postby 'Lement » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:19 am

Yes, yes, all the previous in line to the throne have to die or made irrelevant before one can be crowned queen.

...Is this the way Drowtales is going, through? It may have started as the tale of a drow sorceress, but along the way things have changed, and new focal points-of-view been introduced. Completing a hero's journey isn't mandatory.

Rather, there's been lot of work gone into doing away with Vals.

Though major character death, hyup, that's pretty foreshadowed with execution threats and continued fighting.

(Plus, I may be bit biased, as I like many in Ariel's gang more than Ariel herself. Faen, Chiri, Fame...)
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Whizzard » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:04 am

Killing Quill'yate would be a travesty as the bad guys have too much power on their side already and besides Shodun has proven her power multiple times already so showing her kill Quill'yate would not only be superflous, it also would be Worfing Quill in that she's supposed to be incredibly strong and yet she hasn't done anything of worth and just gets her ass kicked by some midboss when she's supposed to be doing something of worth.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:25 pm

laXgrrl5 wrote:Ash’waren, now would be a great time to do something useful.

Like say, make the Feldians under Adira and the Sarg Legion under Sang hallucinate and start shooting each other in earnest?

Empaths can do that, as Mae, Bae, and Sae were so fond of doing.

Plus with all those old festering hatreds and resentments between the two, one would think it'd be rather easy, especially as Adira's first command upon seeing the legion was to open fire, and such command was obeyed.

On the other hand, if Kern is going the G.R.R. Martin route, Ash'warren will forego that for some bizarre reason, and either Ariel will be forced to open the super-gate, or a stray shot, likely fired by Sang, will and BOOM! There goes Felde.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Next

Return to Moonless Age