Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 95

Re: Chapter 54 : page 95

Postby Finn MacCool » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:
Marcellogo wrote:Lucky that i don't feed you to wolves...
No, i'll drown you instead, one of the most cruel way to die: you get in a complete panic state when you have not more air in your lungs and when water enter instead you suffer horrendously.
Just no one see you, no one hear you screaming...

Drown?

She will be torn apart by the jaal mermaids

Are there any of those in Felde? I thought they only lived in Chel.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby sunhawk » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:30 pm

Snad's tower must have hidden escape routes. She is literally Crazy Prepared. Wolf Pack and the Raiders need to find it. Then Kel can blow up the airship's massive core and wipe out Felde.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Dalvyserran » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Finn MacCool wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:
Marcellogo wrote:Lucky that i don't feed you to wolves...
No, i'll drown you instead, one of the most cruel way to die: you get in a complete panic state when you have not more air in your lungs and when water enter instead you suffer horrendously.
Just no one see you, no one hear you screaming...

Drown?

She will be torn apart by the jaal mermaids

Are there any of those in Felde? I thought they only lived in Chel.

They are Femi's

That's what the Shadows are in the last panel
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Moric » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:36 pm

sunhawk wrote:Snad's tower must have hidden escape routes. She is literally Crazy Prepared. Wolf Pack and the Raiders need to find it. Then Kel can blow up the airship's massive core and wipe out Felde.

Why? If they only knew that every square meter of Felde is mined and connected to her command center. Literally, with a push of a button, Sang would be a red mist. Oh well, that's not how this story is meant to go.

I'm thinking that it's going to be something like:

1. Ariel sends Nona with a message, which reads "We have control of Snadhya'rune's gate. Try anything and we all die together. We will settle this with a duel."

2. Ariel gets soundly thrashed for about three pages, then manages to make skin contact.

3. Ariel takes over Sang's body, revealing that Sang was actually a summon.

4. The Legion is thoroughly horrified, disgusted, and outraged that they were being led by a puppet. Kor'maril, overcome with grief, picks up the crystal that houses the twisted mockery of his mother's soul, then cries out at rage against the Sharen.

5. Ariel takes the opportunity to correctly cast blame on Snadhya. The Sarghress are reunited, now with the clear intent upon destroying Snadhya'rune. Adira ends badly.

6. Thus beginning the Battle for Chel'el'Sussoloth and the last section of the final chapter.

7. Five or so pages of denouement. Fin.
Moric
Demon

Postby katrover » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:21 am

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:Those shadows...

You don't suppose Chakri is going to get taken over now, do you? Remember, the nurse demons are down in that lake...

Ooooh ... you have a point. Also, I don't see "Bye bye Chakri" on the cameo list like I did with Shala. There's hope for her yet ...
katrover
Tainted

Postby Moric » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:23 am

katrover wrote:

You don't suppose Chakri is going to get taken over now, do you? Remember, the nurse demons are down in that lake...

Ooooh ... you have a point. Also, I don't see "Bye bye Chakri" on the cameo list like I did with Shala. There's hope for her yet ...

Getting taken over by demons is pretty much a "bye bye" situation too.
Moric
Demon

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:24 am

katrover wrote:

except that kern said the demon nurses went bye bye when they collapsed.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby sunhawk » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:36 am

Why didn't they just take the airship and evacuate the colony far from the Sea of Mists? Take the Emberi and Locust Queens too. Just settle an island or far away river valley in the mountains. Plant some mana plants and just leave underworld drama behind. Have some dark and light elf babies. Try not to die at 400 from mana depletion.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby PSadlon » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:45 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:
PSadlon wrote:Branding them traitors is rich coming from Legion Commander.

Treason and loyalty is often a matter of perspective...

From my perspective, they staged a coup d'etat against their own clan (whose leader was admitted a piece of crap), murdered a lot of innocent kinsfolk in the process, allied themselves with the worst member of the same rival clan they used to justify murdering their leader (for dealing with a more reasonable member of that clan). Now they are hunting down the legitimate heir and those with her. The hypocrisy is of them using the term to describe anyone is sickeningly obvious.
Last edited by PSadlon on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby Ardan Styyx » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:01 am

Moric wrote:3. Ariel takes over Sang's body, revealing that Sang was actually a summon.

Aaah, that's a very interesting theory, which would make a lot of sense. Indeed, the rest of your demonstration is very sound. :]

Moric wrote:5. Ariel takes the opportunity to correctly cast blame on Snadhya. The Sarghress are reunited, now with the clear intent upon destroying Snadhya'rune. Adira ends badly.

I'd rather think of a discreet escape, while the Sargs are crying out for revenge. Just to allow Kern a potential sequel / spin off ;)

As for the end, I hope it will take a little more than 5 pages. There are still too many majors stories going on that need to be resolved (Mel, Kiel, Diva, etc.). Actually I wouldn't care for another full chapter *wee*
Ardan Styyx
Summoner

Postby Seraphiel » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:56 am

In any case.. I don't see Ariel continuing to hide as a feasible option.

A- She goes out to confront the enemy herself.
B- She turns tail and runs all cowardlike.

Her allies have died fighting - will she do honor to their sacrifices or run for the hills?
Seraphiel
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Smokehammer » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:53 am

I dont see B as an option. Ariel can glide well enough, and even maybe fly a little but these guys have some pretty damning ranged weapons.

On the side note, beyond Chiri I dont think they can open that huge demon gate. I dont believe they possess(snark) the knowledge to do that, and even if they did they should surely be first on the menu -unless the damn thing merely summons more nurses. Either way, if they got out of that alive it would be pure cheese.

IF Ariel asks for option duel I hope Sang pulls a pre-Ill'haress Quain and simply zergs her ass. Sang has no irons in the fire to play silly Val games.

At this point their best bet almost looks like surrendering or Quill. Where is Quill anyway?
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Moric » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:24 pm

Smokehammer wrote:I dont see B as an option. Ariel can glide well enough, and even maybe fly a little but these guys have some pretty damning ranged weapons.

On the side note, beyond Chiri I dont think they can open that huge demon gate. I dont believe they possess(snark) the knowledge to do that, and even if they did they should surely be first on the menu -unless the damn thing merely summons more nurses. Either way, if they got out of that alive it would be pure cheese.

IF Ariel asks for option duel I hope Sang pulls a pre-Ill'haress Quain and simply zergs her ass. Sang has no irons in the fire to play silly Val games.

At this point their best bet almost looks like surrendering or Quill. Where is Quill anyway?

1. Chiri is not the only person with the technical skill to use it. To their own admission, the Kyorls were second only to the Vloz in the nether arts.

2. The only gate to compare with this one is above Orthorbbae. Considering both accounts, there isn't much that a summoner couldn't do with it. For instance, perhaps it could produce a beam attack? Perhaps the actual portal of the gate can be moved? The nasty possibilities are endless.

3. Sang isn't chasing Ariel for her health, and Ariel isn't some stranger. Hunting and defeating Ariel is to consolidate her dominance within the Clan. Ariel's blood isn't the only consideration either. Even killing Octarya doesn't end Quain's lineage, as Mel'arnach's womb is still quite functional. Sang is also facing some degree of ableism, and appearing weak in the Sarghress is about as certain of a doom as Chakri's. Lastly, Ariel is just a snotnosed, punk kid - beating her into a pulp should be both easy and fun.
Moric
Demon

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:14 pm

I'd agree with everything except the end of line 3. Unless you mean that's what Sang thinks, and yes, I could see her believing that. She's wrong, but it's her opinion, and she's entitled to it.
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Thrair » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:06 pm

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:I'd agree with everything except the end of line 3. Unless you mean that's what Sang thinks, and yes, I could see her believing that. She's wrong, but it's her opinion, and she's entitled to it.

Does that mean if she thinks she's a Val, now.... she's entitled to that belief?

... Eh? Eh?
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

PreviousNext

Return to Moonless Age