Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 95

Chapter 54 : page 95

Postby Kern » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:18 am

The owl falls to a sad fate as the legion's commander brand those on the island as traitors.
Deep sick into the pool. that page took a while to complete. And I saw Thrair report on this forum and holy shit someone out here was crazy with conspiracy theory. Thanks for letting me know Thrair.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Chapter 54 : page 95

Postby Evident-Disaster » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:09 am

Ouch.
Evident-Disaster
Tainted

Postby sunhawk » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:47 am

Is that Fame dressed as an owl?
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Medrex » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:49 am

I hope they actually talk.
I really want to know what the hell is going on with the rest of the Sarghs that they'll help hunt down the remains of one of their own colonies.
Medrex
Tainted

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:51 am

Mmmm... Sang had a lot of chances to speak with Ariel, and she didn't take any: She could have sent messengers during the Hermionne siege, when contact was "misteriously" cut; she could have done it in the Kyorl colony, or at any point in between... Ariel would have listened to her, and she would probably have accepted Sang's leadership in order to avoid a civil war...

But Sang went for the kill fron the beginning, even sending assassins against Kel and attacking a supposedly neutral Kyorl outpost...

What is more, Snadhya offered Ariel the job as puppet leader, and only when the airship was captured did she unleash Sang...

Everything points to Snadhya having Sang firmly held in a leash, and Sang wanting to be illharess. She has to kill Ariel in order make sure Snadhya doesn't use her as a puppet leader, rather than confirming Sang.
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby MagicSkyshark » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:02 pm

sunhawk wrote:Is that Fame dressed as an owl?

Most likely, its Strigg'dae.
MagicSkyshark
Tainted

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Those shadows...

You don't suppose Chakri is going to get taken over now, do you? Remember, the nurse demons are down in that lake...

Sang, you done threw away all the sympathy you've earned for your pain under the Sharen... I hope those golem limbs Quain bought for you become your coffin, even if you've got a damn good explanation for this... which I doubt, you usurper...
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby PSadlon » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Branding them traitors is rich coming from Legion Commander.
PSadlon
Summoner

Postby Marcellogo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:12 pm

Lucky that i don't feed you to wolves...
No, i'll drown you instead, one of the most cruel way to die: you get in a complete panic state when you have not more air in your lungs and when water enter instead you suffer horrendously.
Just no one see you, no one hear you screaming...
Marcellogo
Summoner

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:28 pm

Poor Strigg, once again having to watch her clanmates be decimated in this city.

Hey Sang, not all the Machikians are Sarghress,thank you very much!
....Or is it that her offer for surrender is for Sarghress only and all others will be executed?

I would like for Sang and Ariel to have a conversation before battle resumes, but considering the distance they would have to shout themselves voiceless to do so.
Which makes me think of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3rKwq-Zw_A

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Mmmm... Sang had a lot of chances to speak with Ariel, and she didn't take any: She could have sent messengers during the Hermionne siege, when contact was "misteriously" cut; she could have done it in the Kyorl colony, or at any point in between... Ariel would have listened to her, and she would probably have accepted Sang's leadership in order to avoid a civil war...

But Sang went for the kill fron the beginning, even sending assassins against Kel and attacking a supposedly neutral Kyorl outpost...

What is more, Snadhya offered Ariel the job as puppet leader, and only when the airship was captured did she unleash Sang...

Everything points to Snadhya having Sang firmly held in a leash, and Sang wanting to be illharess. She has to kill Ariel in order make sure Snadhya doesn't use her as a puppet leader, rather than confirming Sang.

Yeah, interesting that only now is Sang offering even the harshest terms of surrender. One would expect some discussion before an assault.

And neutral nothing, the Kyrol are part of the alliance too, so technically Sang was attacking her own allies there. I am curious about that - did they just assume the Kyrols were rebels for not attacking the airship, or was there a plan to destroy the colony and blame it on the rebels or Mimians, so as to sway the peace loving Ana to supporting a war?

That is quite the difference in positions isn't it? Either be leader or die...I mean, Ariel doesn't really want the job so I think she would be fine with abdicating even...I wonder just what the heck would have happened if Ariel had said yes. For that matter, I wonder what the rush was, after three years of everyone just ignoring each other.
Course, maybe that is just the modern perspective - I suppose in the past refusing a political position or gift from a monarch was quite...politically dangerous, to say the least.

PSadlon wrote:Branding them traitors is rich coming from Legion Commander.

Treason and loyalty is often a matter of perspective...
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ardan Styyx » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Splendid last frame!

As for the "offer to surrender"... well, besieging a tower in the middle of a lake can be a complicated, long and costly task. So sending the seed of division with some vague perspective of mercy is an efficient - though classical and predictable - way to ease the process.

Right now, unless I am heavily mistaking, it appears the two belligerant are in a fragile stalemate. Of course, the time plays in favor of the Nids, but the insurgent can still do a lot of damages in the meanwhile. That's probably what Sang thinks, so she takes the moment when the wolfpack is in a sudden disarray seing their (appaling) plan failed, to push to the coup de grace and break their moral for good, obtaining an easy win.

Again, classical but efficient, unless a true leader can keep the cohesion of the besieged troops... and find a REALLY good idea to get them out of this shit! Or hope for a quick Deus Ex Machina to role again the dices.
Ardan Styyx
Tainted

Postby Dalvyserran » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Marcellogo wrote:Lucky that i don't feed you to wolves...
No, i'll drown you instead, one of the most cruel way to die: you get in a complete panic state when you have not more air in your lungs and when water enter instead you suffer horrendously.

Drown?

She will be torn apart by the jaal mermaids
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Guilty Carrion » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:32 pm

Marcellogo wrote:Lucky that i don't feed you to wolves...

To be fair, being eaten is also one of the most cruel ways to die. Being torn apart by a literal pack of animals as they rip chunks out of you till you die, and then they continue mauling your corpse. Neither are pleasant. Some would prefer drowning and staying 'whole' over being turned into chow.
Guilty Carrion
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

Postby Black Knight LeFreux » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Wait, if the nurses are still... functioning (in lack of a better term), maybe they can secretly patch up any owl who fell under water. There's hope for Chakri yet. :3

As for the wolfpack... Ouch, that's tough situation they have to escape. And if they don't comply, I remember Sang talking about hostages, probably what troops the wolfpack left in Ys to guard the city.

And still no word from Ash'waren and Bae, who probably betrayed her Ilharess again (I was hoping for her to be redeemed, but I suppose the Nid's rot can only be purged in fire). *doh*

Though if Bae remained true to her word, maybe Ash and her can tip the battle in favor of the worlpack, paralysing the army.

And what about Quillyate and Shodun ? If Quillyate shows up and speak for Ariel, maybe they can settle this peacefully... or at least with a minimum bloodshed.
Or Sang will take the opportunity to kill Quillyate and show everyone she's just an old power hungry bitch ready to take a leach.
Black Knight LeFreux
Vel'akar

Postby jarek56 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:19 pm

It is as I feared from the get go; Sang is a traitor, and likely has been for a long while. Not surprising when it's essentially a massive band of raiders, ne'er-do-wells, brigands, thieves, mercenaries, and displaced soldiers. Only Quain had the political capital necessary to balance these factions, and her horrid death and horrid choices have essentially guaranteed this pathetic end; Sarghress, reduced to naught but brigands for hire. And then Sang will be bitch-queen, her own woman at last and no longer beholden to 'them damn Sharen what took my limbs."

Somehow, I'm honestly not surprised. Better to be queen of a band of rabble hired in perpetuity to demon-possessed masters than captain in a clan you don't and won't rule.
jarek56
Summoner

Next

Return to Moonless Age