Where to go to comment on the latest updates on the main archive!

Chapter 54 : page 94

Re: Chapter 54 : page 94

Postby BlackFulcrum » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:22 am

Things to contemplate:

Not every story has a good ending, after all in real life, more often then not, the bad guy wins.

or

Sometimes you fight the good and just but desperate fight, only to find out at the final moment of either victory or defeat, that you were the bad guy all along...
BlackFulcrum
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby sunhawk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:37 am

And now we learn this is all part of Kel'noz's plan.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Tainted Messiah » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Whelp I haven't chimed in in a while but... stupid is as stupid does I guess?

I mean honestly we all saw the basics of the plan from the start and I was on record of saying it was stupid in the first place to crater your best asset directly into Snadya's tower even if it was for the purpose of giving the raiders an easier way in because at that point this really became an all or nothing gamble.

And who is doing their intelligence gathering? I mean Sang has been a reasonably known Snadya sympathizer if not full out supporter for some time and are we being told that there have been zero indications that the Sarg's or at least some legions have basically become dogs for Snadya? Kyo and Batnoz should be ashamed of themselves. ^^;

Now Mimian's are all but wiped out... who knows what the heck has happened to the raiders in all of this since no one seems to be paying them any attention.. and now Ariel and company are stuck in a hostile tower with no means of escape surrounded by a small army.

Either this is going to get down right game of thrones tragic in like 5 minutes or Kern is going to have to pull something just absurd for them to survive ie. the Kelnoz 12 steps ahead plan and he actives his trap card or something.. who the heck knows at this point. *wee*

Or who knows maybe they take a crazy gamble and actually open up that portal but go through it themselves... your guess is as good as mine as to how they get out of this one.

( and no I can't imagine surrender is an option.. they do that and yes Ariel and maybe Ashie/Kel would likely be taken captive but pretty much everyone else would be killed like the mimian's as they have no 'value' in keeping )
Tainted Messiah
Demon

Postby sunhawk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Tainted Messiah wrote:Whelp I haven't chimed in in a while but... stupid is as stupid does I guess?

I mean honestly we all saw the basics of the plan from the start and I was on record of saying it was stupid in the first place to crater your best asset directly into Snadya's tower even if it was for the purpose of giving the raiders an easier way in because at that point this really became an all or nothing gamble.

And who is doing their intelligence gathering? I mean Sang has been a reasonably known Snadya sympathizer if not full out supporter for some time and are we being told that there have been zero indications that the Sarg's or at least some legions have basically become dogs for Snadya? Kyo and Batnoz should be ashamed of themselves. ^^;

Now Mimian's are all but wiped out... who knows what the heck has happened to the raiders in all of this since no one seems to be paying them any attention.. and now Ariel and company are stuck in a hostile tower with no means of escape surrounded by a small army.

Either this is going to get down right game of thrones tragic in like 5 minutes or Kern is going to have to pull something just absurd for them to survive ie. the Kelnoz 12 steps ahead plan and he actives his trap card or something.. who the heck knows at this point. *wee*

Or who knows maybe they take a crazy gamble and actually open up that portal but go through it themselves... your guess is as good as mine as to how they get out of this one.

( and no I can't imagine surrender is an option.. they do that and yes Ariel and maybe Ashie/Kel would likely be taken captive but pretty much everyone else would be killed like the mimian's as they have no 'value' in keeping )

The only thing I can see. Is now the enemies are all gathered up in one place.
sunhawk
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Moric » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:30 am

Ariel: "They're working for Felde!" - Yes, yes. Let the naivety go child. Grandma's friends weren't all LG adventurers that leveled up on the surface and fought a good fight. There were centuries of conflict, intrigue, assassinations, and even some pitched battles. Quain'tana only had a few old friends by the time you came around because most had already died for the cause. Only the most ruthless and the cleverest ever made it very far, and that's what you are facing now. Take the blinders off and do what must be done... Summon a horror demon...
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby SzordrinZaphresz » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:39 am

Mizu wrote:Hope you had a plan B that wasn't 'run away in the airship again if they act like reasonable adults and don't start fighting each other for real over friendly fire'.

What viable option do you think Ariel and co. had?

Turtle out the Legion in Matchike? After the Nids already blasted it to rubble with their "diplomatic envoy" tactic?

Good luck with that.

Prepare for a siege in Ys? With no way of knowing how many Snad supporters are still there? And all the other logistical problems?

Hahahaha!

Engage in a running battle with the Legion? With Sang showing that she'll send the wolf-pack to attack indiscriminately and take hostages among the friendly or neutral civilians to try and force Ariel's hand?

Yeah, like that will work out.

What Ariel and co. did was the least sucky of a bunch of sucky options, especially as the Legion's behavior here is way, way out of character for them, and Drow in general who live and breathe "Revenge before reason" and have clearly been shot at by Adira.

That all being said, I don't see this ending well for them, no matter what they do...
SzordrinZaphresz
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Moric » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:12 am

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:What Ariel and co. did was the least sucky of a bunch of sucky options, especially as the Legion's behavior here is way, way out of character for them, and Drow in general who live and breathe "Revenge before reason" and have clearly been shot at by Adira.

That all being said, I don't see this ending well for them, no matter what they do...

Military discipline at its best. The legion has been fed carefully crafted propaganda for years, and have been baying for Ariel's blood for moons now.

"So what if some provincial, amateur, dumbass Feldians shot at us? That's nothing compared to the insult of that upstart Val-spawn who claims to be Ill'haress of *our* clan! Death to the pretender! All hail General Sang!" - Unnamed Sarghress soldier

Ariel's got her work cut out for her, and no room for screwing up, that's for sure.
Moric
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Nothingness » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:58 am

SzordrinZaphresz wrote:What viable option do you think Ariel and co. had?

Turtle out the Legion in Matchike? After the Nids already blasted it to rubble with their "diplomatic envoy" tactic?

Good luck with that.

Prepare for a siege in Ys? With no way of knowing how many Snad supporters are still there? And all the other logistical problems?

Hahahaha!

Engage in a running battle with the Legion? With Sang showing that she'll send the wolf-pack to attack indiscriminately and take hostages among the friendly or neutral civilians to try and force Ariel's hand?

Yeah, like that will work out.

What Ariel and co. did was the least sucky of a bunch of sucky options, especially as the Legion's behavior here is way, way out of character for them, and Drow in general who live and breathe "Revenge before reason" and have clearly been shot at by Adira.

Yeah, that was pretty much the case.

Moric wrote:Ariel: "They're working for Felde!" - Yes, yes. Let the naivety go child. Grandma's friends weren't all LG adventurers that leveled up on the surface and fought a good fight. There were centuries of conflict, intrigue, assassinations, and even some pitched battles. Quain'tana only had a few old friends by the time you came around because most had already died for the cause. Only the most ruthless and the cleverest ever made it very far, and that's what you are facing now. Take the blinders off and do what must be done... Summon a horror demon...

Moric wrote:Military discipline at its best. The legion has been fed carefully crafted propaganda for years, and have been baying for Ariel's blood for moons now.

"So what if some provincial, amateur, dumbass Feldians shot at us? That's nothing compared to the insult of that upstart Val-spawn who claims to be Ill'haress of *our* clan! Death to the pretender! All hail General Sang!" - Unnamed Sarghress soldier

Ariel's got her work cut out for her, and no room for screwing up, that's for sure.

Ariel was aware that Quain's buddies aren't exactly good. She was aware Quain herself wasn't exactly good.

Ariel thought the grudges Sarghress have against Felde, along with a seemingly unjustified attack, would be enough to cause Felde and the Legion to fight.

Think about it - even if the Legion and Felde are in the Alliance, Felde is the throne/city of Snadhya - and Snadhya and her servants, pretty much embody what the Sarghress hate. Not to mention, it was pretty clear by this point Snadhya works with Nids, or even that she is their leader, and that Felde is a Nid base. Sarghress also have faar less than warm feelings towards Nids.

Sarghress were subject for much longer to propaganda about hating Sharen (and Snadhya embodies pretty much the qualities Sarghress hated the most about Sharen) and Nids.

Although I must admit Ariel here, assumed to much of the Legion, not thinking that they (seemingly) work so closelly with Felde, betraying their old values. I mean, readers here assumed similar things, being optimistic about the Legion, and trying to justify it, so it isn't far of.

But I admit, this is a pretty drastic situation.

I'm not sure if Ariel has now people with her who can summon a Horror Demon, or other kinds of demons using Snadhya's stuff - Chiri might, but that's completelly against her moral vallues. Although others wit needed skills from her group, might be close by.

There is also a slight possibility there will be now conflict within the Legion now - some might be disgusted to be working with Felde, and Nids, includings revealed Nids like Shodun. But it's also very possible everyone who is here, including Kor'maril (seeing he is Sang's son, and all) knew about all this beforehand, and allready agreed for this.
Nothingness
Tainted

Postby ohriniel666 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Nothingness
4) The Alliance, via Nids (woo are VISIBLY working with it/are part of it even in this comic), supplied HUMANS (specifically, an agressive Human empire) with elven tech. IE betrayed their own species. And forced Ariel to ally with mimians, by attacking her first. And sorry, again, SNADHYA is still the biggest present threat. It's shown for years now. again, you need to see the real world yourself.

Hehe, if Snad able to make arrangements with human empire (which is not managed of no one drow nation), then she is the best lider for all drow and other races. Because she knows how to negotiate. Ariel being too simplistic, even if she is a main character... :D :D
ohriniel666
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Previous

Return to Moonless Age